Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/04/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zhentarim

Re: Patch Notes 28/04/2021

Post#11 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Names of characters that have not been logged in for more than one year are now free to use. The old inactive character will be automatically renamed and its owner can pick a new name on next login.
I have a question on this. Will inactive names be continuously freed up as they reach 1 year + of inactivity or is it only names from today that have been 1 year inactive? Like if theres a name thats 11 months and 29 days inactive will it be freed up as it reaches 12 months of inactivity?

Also on the renaming of characters. If I rename a character will I have to wait 30 days exact or is it when it switches to a new month I need to keep track of?

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#12 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:43 pm

Satirico wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:06 pm I could list a sort of changes this game needs to increase the quality of life in game. No abilities, just simple things that could be changed to increase the game dynamics, bu the problem is: how bad would my suggestions be taken by dev team?
There is no pre-judgement of any feedback. Your feedback gets proper attention based on the way you write it and the objective arguments you use that would allow the team to consider a feedback/suggestion constructive and not based on personal preferences.

However reading your feedback (as good as it can be), does not mean that it'll be implemented. We all have different opinions and in the end one would see the light. We have to accept that it happens in any game and any company.

Detangler wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:00 pm +1. give me one good reason why i can't choose to use the live event reward a week or two later for the event slot when i've got RL that gets in the way of gaming for the next week? Who does this hurt to leave as is?
The event is 3 days-long, you're already claiming all rewards 7 days after the event ends. On the next weekend, another event would start and you'd need to participate in order to claim newer rewards. These rewards are not account bound so there's absolutely no reason for them to stay stacked somewhere.

Zhentarim wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:34 pm
Names of characters that have not been logged in for more than one year are now free to use. The old inactive character will be automatically renamed and its owner can pick a new name on next login.
I have a question on this. Will inactive names be continuously freed up as they reach 1 year + of inactivity or is it only names from today that have been 1 year inactive? Like if theres a name thats 11 months and 29 days inactive will it be freed up as it reaches 12 months of inactivity?

Also on the renaming of characters. If I rename a character will I have to wait 30 days exact or is it when it switches to a new month I need to keep track of?
EDIT: The newly implemented system checks inactive names on the fly, that means whenever you're creating a new character you will actually get the latest updated list of available + newly released names.

XsorrowerX

Post#13 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:50 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:28 pm
Detangler wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:00 pm
Collision wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:06 pm Live events

- Live event rewards can now be claimed for 7 days after the event ended, instead of 20 days after the event ended.

This suxx a lot :(
+1. give me one good reason why i can't choose to use the live event reward a week or two later for the event slot when i've got RL that gets in the way of gaming for the next week? Who does this hurt to leave as is?
What reason are you finishing an event, not claiming any rewards, and then logging off for over a week? Isn't the normal behavior to claim them pretty much as you unlock them?
I often rotate through a bunch of characters depending on my mood, call me an altaholic or what have you, and this does affect me some as well. There are some days where I'll just claim stuff right away, but on alts I don't play often or I know I'll be busy in the next few weeks, I'll just wait to claim when I feel like playing/have time to play that character. It's not that big of a deal really, but I can understand where people are coming from.

zulnam

Post#14 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:16 pm

raizagast wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:36 pm Hasn't the Witch Hunter Dragon Gun bug been fixed?

Not that i know of. A shame.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Strakar

Post#15 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:43 pm

XsorrowerX wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:50 pm

+1. give me one good reason why i can't choose to use the live event reward a week or two later for the event slot when i've got RL that gets in the way of gaming for the next week? Who does this hurt to leave as is?
What reason are you finishing an event, not claiming any rewards, and then logging off for over a week? Isn't the normal behavior to claim them pretty much as you unlock them?
I often rotate through a bunch of characters depending on my mood, call me an altaholic or what have you, and this does affect me some as well. There are some days where I'll just claim stuff right away, but on alts I don't play often or I know I'll be busy in the next few weeks, I'll just wait to claim when I feel like playing/have time to play that character. It's not that big of a deal really, but I can understand where people are coming from.
Kind of the same for me, I might stagger when I claim them based on when I'm playing different alts. Also, it was really cool to still have the party keg for renown boost after everyone else's had expired, for example.

I also try to stretch out claiming the 60d items to make sure I make it to the next event. Some of the T3 weekend rewards are almost impossible to achieve on one character, let alone several so I try to get as many 60d items as I can on my chars I play semi regularly.

Overall not my favorite change but the others have been great.

geezereur

Post#16 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:45 pm

Nice patch was able to get some of my old names I deleted long ago.

dalen
Developer

Post#17 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm

- Live event rewards can now be claimed for 7 days after the event ended, instead of 20 days after the event ended.

It hurts the UI, it overflows the window size when there's too many to choose from.
Source Developer

Collision

Post#18 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:18 pm

Going on vacation or being on a business trip one or two weeks ?

Ads
Lorsten

Post#19 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:15 am

dalen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm

It hurts the UI, it overflows the window size when there's too many to choose from.
Make the container without the timer pls, so you can stack them in bank and use whenever you want, like stalwart soul.

zulnam

Post#20 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:28 am

Collision wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:18 pm

Going on vacation or being on a business trip one or two weeks ?
Must be an avid player, doing SCs until the very last minute before you leave the house, since you didn't have 30 seconds after your session to go to the herald that's right f*ckin there and get your rewards.

Mountains out of anthills.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG