Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
jvlosky

Re: Patch Notes 24/06/2020

Post#31 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:11 pm

Illuminati wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:05 pm
jvlosky wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:51 pm
Nasurl wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Mara and SW mirrors of eahc other? or supposed to be i mean?
Most classes have a 'mirror'. But....

There is a 4 way psuedo mirror between Shadow warrior > Squig Herder > White Lion > Marauder

White Lion and Marauder are supposed to fill the same roles, but have different mechanics
Squig Herder and White Lion are supposed to be kinda of the same mechanics wise because of the pet.
Shadow Warrior and Marauder are supposed to be similar Mechanics wise with the stances.
Shadow Warrior and Squig Herder are supposed to fill the same role.

You can see there is something wack here because mSH can fill the role of a melee with the same effectiveness of a White Lion, and Destro gets another melee in the form of mSH for city comps. Where as SW has no melee aoe and will probably soon be worse than Squig Herder in ranged as well.
mSH = AoE DPS
rSH = Utility
Mar = Utility
aSW = Burst
rSW = Utility
WL = Burst/AoE/Utility

The team may need to consider dethroning King WL and giving some of that love to other classes. Theoretically, every DPS class should have a Utility, AoE, and ST Burst spec. Every dps class should be like a WL with viability in every role.
I dunno Marauder DPS can be really good, I've seen maras top charts in cities (at stage 2 end before champ phase), I have also seen White Lion at the top of the Meters, same for mSH. They all can be really good aoe dps.

The only outlier is I have never seen a aSW be top dmg at the end of stage 2 nor a ranged SW nor Ranged SH.

mSH = AoE DPS | Utility as well and sustain in the form of Tastes like Stuntie and Indegestion.
rSH = Utility
Mar = Utility | As well as AOE DPS and probably the best Morale Drain in the game.
aSW = Single Target Burst* in a game where with how heals work, isnt super effective. With how heals are in this game the meta is heavy AOE pressure. Probably best class for Ranked SC tho.
rSW = Utility and some AOE dmg utility and a weak morale drain. Other classes do the same thing but better.
WL = Burst/AoE

Fixed that for you

Main outliers being ranged SH and SW in general for city viability. When it comes to oRVR composition can matter, but more often than not just having more numbers is the deciding factor.

Ads
Lokiusus

Post#32 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:15 pm

ztil wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:06 pm -snip-
I think you're right on with most of this.

If they want to keep rsw and rsh a medium damage, somewhat kitey, low aoe spec that's fine (if unfortunate), but give ASW a *little bit* of aoe so it can keep up with msh.

Easy fix is to take back the crosscut buff, asw obviously doesn't need more burst, and give sweeping slash spammability (either from VON or a tactic). That would also open up more reason for SW to actually stance dance between skirmish and asw for aoe pressure.

I need to make a longer suggestion post on this...
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+

agemennon675

Post#33 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:49 pm

Good patch, F RangeSW, if you are playing SW and reading this go for Assault
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

inhuman34

Post#34 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:50 pm

Good scenario changes. Quick question, did you consider applying "Solo Ranked now waits for everyone to be ready before teleporting everyone in. The pre-match timer starts upon the 12th person being ready to enter, and you are notified as players agree enter the scenario. If players are not ready in a reasonable period of time, the match is forfeit and players are moved back to the front of the queue." To normal scenarios too? Perhaps that would solve the situations where healers don't take a queue pop and create games with no healers?

Mexlicious

Post#35 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:04 pm

RIP SW goes back to being not even a second thought for ranged. Why tease with a buff to just nerf the **** out of it a week later waste of time oh wait “you have detaunt and whirlpin” LuL

Nasurl

Post#36 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Illuminati wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:05 pm
jvlosky wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:51 pm
Nasurl wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Mara and SW mirrors of eahc other? or supposed to be i mean?
Most classes have a 'mirror'. But....

There is a 4 way psuedo mirror between Shadow warrior > Squig Herder > White Lion > Marauder

White Lion and Marauder are supposed to fill the same roles, but have different mechanics
Squig Herder and White Lion are supposed to be kinda of the same mechanics wise because of the pet.
Shadow Warrior and Marauder are supposed to be similar Mechanics wise with the stances.
Shadow Warrior and Squig Herder are supposed to fill the same role.

You can see there is something wack here because mSH can fill the role of a melee with the same effectiveness of a White Lion, and Destro gets another melee in the form of mSH for city comps. Where as SW has no melee aoe and will probably soon be worse than Squig Herder in ranged as well.
mSH = AoE DPS
rSH = Utility
Mar = Utility
aSW = Burst
rSW = Utility
WL = Burst/AoE/Utility

The team may need to consider dethroning King WL and giving some of that love to other classes. Theoretically, every DPS class should have a Utility, AoE, and ST Burst spec. Every dps class should be like a WL with viability in every role.
Killamanjaro my Choppa idol btw
Pedry rr60 Choppa

Shazzkar

Post#37 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:52 pm

Well. Can you just stop complaining? The SW got more Dps than before. It is not enoughto you? I see you forum people who always do a "Lel , bad patch etc.." Just say a thank to the team , maybe it's not your "I will get a OP classe patch" but it's still a buff. Play on destro-side , you will see the love you had in order. So just profit of the game (Who is free whatever). Btw , i just hope the team will see this message and if they can do some up or nerf in same time of each faction for not to broke the pvp it can be a good way :D. Well , thank for your work team and continue ! :)

Arthem

Post#38 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:05 pm

Range sw is not looking viable with these nerfs. Since they lost their range tactic now they have also lost their dmg and AP increased. Assault is at least viable since it was buffed the most.
Last edited by Arthem on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#39 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:07 pm

Shazzkar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:52 pm Well. Can you just stop complaining? The SW got more Dps than before. It is not enoughto you? I see you forum people who always do a "Lel , bad patch etc.." Just say a thank to the team , maybe it's not your "I will get a OP classe patch" but it's still a buff. Play on destro-side , you will see the love you had in order. So just profit of the game (Who is free whatever). Btw , i just hope the team will see this message and if they can do some up or nerf in same time of each faction for not to broke the pvp it can be a good way :D. Well , thank for your work team and continue ! :)
Except the fact that RSW got a net damage loss and loss an entire spec to be able to play mobile/kite. Their entire WB spec revolves around WW+Barrage to delay morale game from destro. Sure ASW got a damage boost but it didn’t need it and that doesn’t mitigate the fact that RSW is arguably in a worse place than it was before and at best in the same spot damage wise with a single utility skill for WB.

I still don’t understand the weird ass mentality a lot of destro has that they shouldn’t have to worry about a SW attacking them? Do they really think they just be able to completely ignore a class unless it’s BiS and spec’d a certain way and then they should just call it OP cause it can kill them?
<Montague><Capulet>

jvlosky

Post#40 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:07 pm
Shazzkar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:52 pm Well. Can you just stop complaining? The SW got more Dps than before. It is not enoughto you? I see you forum people who always do a "Lel , bad patch etc.." Just say a thank to the team , maybe it's not your "I will get a OP classe patch" but it's still a buff. Play on destro-side , you will see the love you had in order. So just profit of the game (Who is free whatever). Btw , i just hope the team will see this message and if they can do some up or nerf in same time of each faction for not to broke the pvp it can be a good way :D. Well , thank for your work team and continue ! :)
Except the fact that RSW got a net damage loss and loss an entire spec to be able to play mobile/kite. Their entire WB spec revolves around WW+Barrage to delay morale game from destro. Sure ASW got a damage boost but it didn’t need it and that doesn’t mitigate the fact that RSW is arguably in a worse place than it was before and at best in the same spot damage wise with a single utility skill for WB.

I still don’t understand the weird ass mentality a lot of destro has that they shouldn’t have to worry about a SW attacking them? Do they really think they just be able to completely ignore a class unless it’s BiS and spec’d a certain way and then they should just call it OP cause it can kill them?

The guy plays a choppa, what did you expect as a response /s.

On the reals their post reads like facebook post, and considering all the good information on people supporting their points of view in this forum they were just arguing and complaining in bad faith, which is ironic because that is exactly what they were trying to complaining about in the post LOL.