Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 09/06/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jusva321

Re: Patch Notes 09/06/2021

Post#31 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:19 pm

solo ranked have bin dead for weeks and you still keep the 1450 bracket there and make it so the higher can join lower and farm the new guys in ranked

i dont have all the answers but this is not working lets go back to 70 + and below and get some games going

Ads
Mergrim

Post#32 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:37 pm

Jusva321 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:19 pm solo ranked have bin dead for weeks and you still keep the 1450 bracket there and make it so the higher can join lower and farm the new guys in ranked

i dont have all the answers but this is not working lets go back to 70 + and below and get some games going
This change nothing, you can stil have 85+ aoe bw, 85+ bot AM that just wait for dead or other ppl that just make game instant lost.
It's not all about renown and gear. Main problem is people stack 1 side. Usually in the evening you have 80% good destro player vs maybe 20% order.
I'ts like 5-6 man vs 1-2. When i have few games with same slayer 80+ without pots or aoe bw i just give up and stop que.

Only option to fix problem is allow mixing teams. Destro+order vs Destro+order.

+new option ranking Leaderboard give huge data about players, it's to easy to check weak enemy player. Good if you could not open this option in the ranking game.
Last edited by Mergrim on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#33 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:39 pm

madrocks wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:17 pm 7th anniversary and you make double xp for a day?
Can you please make it the whole week. What is this old mushi with swetener baked cookies you are giving out?
Yes, it's a one-day celebration. X2 has its flaws as much as it has its benefits. It's just unlucky that the anniversary landed on a thursday.

madrocks wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:17 pm Ranked is dead. Not sure if you are aware though.
6 hours wait as Destro, 3 pops, 1 lose due a highly unexperienced 1.2k mmr tank, 1 draw, 1 vitory that made the Order Q go silent.
We expect people to participate in Season 2 and are doing all the necessary changes now.

zulnam wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:25 pm I know the dev team (which for many of us also includes GMs and community moderators) gets a lot of slack from the community, but indeed at the end of the day we all want the same thing: a game alive enough to bash the living crap out of one another. :lol:
maxonian wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:05 pm You devs have been getting so much heat lately, it really makes me worried that you might be inclined to just give up working on RoR. Constantly being in a "damned if you dont, damned if you do" kind of relationship with the community isnt fun nor easy to endure. I really wish players would chill the f down and give you all a breather.
But there are also so many thankful and appreciative players out there too, albeit we are not as vocal as the pissed off part of server population.
We understand that some players get affected by changes and sometimes their anger shines, we don't really take anything personal and we welcome the players to share their decent feedback on the forums and their anger in the battlefield.

Satirico wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:27 pm Amazing patch! No Destruction nerf this day!
When will Lost Vale arrive?
When will Land of the Dead arrive?
Why wasting time with a dungeon no one cares of, neither dev team once no one knows what to give as reward for this dungeon, instead working on the real good stuff we're waiting for?
There are rewards for the dungeon, the previews you've watched did not include rewards as the dungeon wasn't released yet. This dungeon was meant to be released in order for us to proceed with the rest.

Alubert wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:31 pm I'm not sure if the new addon will change the situation. After blocking NB the situation in my guild looks like this: 4 people bought expansions and play GW2, 2 people play Conan. There are 4 WAR players, one of them logs in once in half a year (the only one who supports NB blockade). These are the facts.
Sorry to hear that your guild mates will leave the game due to an addon ban. They're invited back to try out the middle ground and test the waters by themselves, then they can decide again - otherwise, sorry to see them depart.

Karl wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:47 pm Thx for all your hard work! I just hope that rewards isn’t BIS and excusive to ranked. Never play that coz of the level of toxic from other players.
Not necessarily, you'll have a clearer idea once they release.

Jusva321 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:19 pm i dont have all the answers but this is not working lets go back to 70 + and below and get some games going
I know it's frustrating but we'll be able to judge the system more in Season 2. It's better to tailor a system now, that cannot be abused upon the release of Season 2, rather than do frequent changes in mid-season.

Akalukz

Post#34 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:47 pm

Minisynn wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:15 pm
Evilest wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:35 pm >
1. Destro is getting farmed every day for months. That's a significant part of the population, if the reports of "xrealming is not that much of an issue" is to be believed (and it can't be, otherwise timers wouldn't be as they are, no?)
It's purely a guild issue, which is hard to fix. We (Forced Entry) are out doing ORVR every night, as are Smash and Bitterstones. CNTK, Salt Factory, Gimle, and more.

Most nights the only semi organised Destro WBs we get to fight are Grufrip's, and we only seem to see VII out a couple of nights a week, same as the greenskin guild. We barely see FMJ anymore, nor the xrealm Order guilds like FoW and RT on their destro guilds.

When we do see destro out in force, more often than not it seems like they're just looking to fight rather than siege, and while it's fun getting to scrap, it obviously compounds the feeling of one sided-ness in city pushing.

This has been going on for months, and worsened between balance patches. It is a legitimate issue though, because if it keeps snowballing then more and more people will roll Order. The problem is that it can't just be solved by buffing Destro, because again, balance isn't the issue.

More organised Destro players/guilds need to step up to start rectifying the issue, because when one big guild takes a break the entire server feels it due to the relatively small playerbase. It'll be interesting to see what steps the dev team take towards this issue, as there's no easy solution
why push the zones when forts are almost all but guaranteed to fail.
-= Agony =-

Maltar

Post#35 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:38 pm

After this patch the Assist addon and it's shortcut key(key 61 and outwards) has stopped working for me. I never really enjoyed swift-assist, the ability to change my assist target on the fly is very good. Would it be possible to fix it?

kirraha

Post#36 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:56 pm

ufthakk wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:41 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:08 pm
- There's now a limit on the average MMR between teams in ranked group matches. Currently it is set to 450, but the exact number is subject to change.
the horse is dead already!
HAHAHA! That had me laughing so hard, and yes it's damn true! Kick the dead horse! x'D

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#37 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:30 pm

kirraha wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:56 pm
ufthakk wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:41 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:08 pm
- There's now a limit on the average MMR between teams in ranked group matches. Currently it is set to 450, but the exact number is subject to change.
the horse is dead already!
HAHAHA! That had me laughing so hard, and yes it's damn true! Kick the dead horse! x'D
lol, whip it back to life!

Teefz

Post#38 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:46 pm

GamesBond wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:39 pm
Jusva321 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:19 pm i dont have all the answers but this is not working lets go back to 70 + and below and get some games going
I know it's frustrating but we'll be able to judge the system more in Season 2. It's better to tailor a system now, that cannot be abused upon the release of Season 2, rather than do frequent changes in mid-season.
Let's be real for a moment. 6v6(grp ranked) is a graveyard and it sadly has been for quite a few years and nothing will ever change that.
I applaud the attempt to try and revive it, but with this small population, it ultimately just ends up with being the same teams fighting each other, until one side has had enough.
Group ranked will never be active, simply due to the above combined with the amount of time and effort it takes to coordinate 12 tryhards and make sure everyone can be on at the same time. Combine that with fighting the same team/setup over and over again, it gets rather dull pretty quick. Ask any of the smallscale guilds and they will tell you the exact same thing.

Which is where solo ranked comes in as a decent middleground. Here people are be able to que up and participate in dynamic smallscale content instead of zerg surfing.

Initially the bracket system for solo ranked seemed like a good idea, but I think you guys did an awful mistake of allowing higher bracket people to que lower.
I understand the reason why it had to be tested, but it's a death sentence to this gamemode. People in lowerbracket have the odds stacked against them, when going up against upper bracket opponents to the point where it's completely unfair. Furthermode it simultaneously killed the upper bracket, because everyone has to '.ranked allowlowertiermatch 1' or they will play Altdorf/IC waiting simulator for an entire evening, because people are being dragged into lower bracket games.

Which brings me to my point. The bracket system needs time to grow, since people need to do their 10-15(?) games for placement, but cutting corners and allowing upper to que lower is not the way to go, since people who try it out for the first time end up facing best in slot characters. It doesn't take a genius to work out that this isn't a fair matchup and will most likely result in people not bothering to que for it again.
Let the bracket system work its magic and if it ends up being just as dead as it is currently, well then the players are truly to blame for not queing up in the first place. But blaming them for not queing into an unfair matchup from the get go is silly. If this is the system for the season 2 launch, I fear it will die out really quick and all of your appreciated work will be wasted.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#39 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:11 pm

SOme addons are broken after the patch , like swift/easy assist and Enemy

abezverkhiy

Post#40 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:29 pm

Happy 7th birthday dev team! Do not give up and keep on walking!

P.s. can't wait to test the new addon
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354