Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 02/10/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grock

Re: Patch Notes 02/10/2020

Post#91 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:16 pm

On the matter of GTDC nerf - gotta say im not a fan.
This change removed two things that made it interesting. Now all that remains is pretty average (and defendable) ungabunga 40ft damage and random pulls that annoy everyone.

I don't think these changes gonna solve the main issue which is the pull itself - it being both instant at the start of the cast (no time to "counter) and also unreliable and uncotrollable - which makes it sometimes harmful in group play (the whole free immunities meme)

I think a good options would've been to reduce the number of pulls to 1 or 2, only pull the primary target and only pull on the second tick (after 2s of channel)

The "double hit" on interrupt was generally a pretty nice mechanic, i think it would be nice to have something like that on some other channeled abilities (just not double hit while jumping...)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
mubbl

Post#92 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Spoiler:
farng84 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:18 pm
mubbl wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:55 am
Andack wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:51 am Some good change. Thanks !

But again, rampage please, come on... You know it's a real problem... WL seems "okai" in comparaison...
If i remember correctly, rampage got changed. It doesnt make guard dmg undefenable anymore.
Was discussed before in this thread, it is not proc dmg so it works as before
Hm thought it was changed with the guard formula correction :D

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#93 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:53 pm

But again, rampage please, come on... You know it's a real problem... WL seems "okai" in comparaison...
Rampage is working as intended
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Acidic

Post#94 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:43 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:53 pm

Rampage is working as intended
It would be very helpful to understand the intention.
The problem is understanding blanket statements like this a week or two after “Choppa and slayer are ok and performing ok” followed by “undefendable was not intended”

Lithenir

Post#95 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:49 am

With the new changes to stealth it's almost impossible to defend a keep.

Last night we defended Eataine order keep succesfully. So we went for the deff-tick. Before the tick was over a WE showed up. So waiting for 10 more minutes. We mined the lord, but another WE showed up. Another waiting period begane. So we mined the lord room, the ramp and body blocked the front door. But again somehow a WE managed to go to the lord.

With the new stealth mechanic WE can manage to go in stealth in front of the keep and have enough time to look for weak points or use mDPS skill to go in postern - since it doesn't destealth them - and just use the opener in the lord to tag him. It's painfully ridiculous that this one attack tags the lord as under attack since WE can stay in stealth for like forever now.

Please change the lord tagging, that the attack status will occur once he is at 97% health or something. It will be easy to get him to this when the keep is really under attack, but not enough for single WEs.

Brickson

Post#96 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:18 am

Body block and mine the ramps so that the WE doesn't even get in attack range. Mining the lord room or putting down napalm around the lord is pretty pointless to defend this unless you have a ton of aoe to reliably follow up a triggered mine.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

kryss

Post#97 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:59 am

Lithenir wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:49 am With the new changes to stealth it's almost impossible to defend a keep.

Last night we defended Eataine order keep succesfully. So we went for the deff-tick. Before the tick was over a WE showed up. So waiting for 10 more minutes. We mined the lord, but another WE showed up. Another waiting period begane. So we mined the lord room, the ramp and body blocked the front door. But again somehow a WE managed to go to the lord.

With the new stealth mechanic WE can manage to go in stealth in front of the keep and have enough time to look for weak points or use mDPS skill to go in postern - since it doesn't destealth them - and just use the opener in the lord to tag him. It's painfully ridiculous that this one attack tags the lord as under attack since WE can stay in stealth for like forever now.

Please change the lord tagging, that the attack status will occur once he is at 97% health or something. It will be easy to get him to this when the keep is really under attack, but not enough for single WEs.
mine doors and ramps - problem solved. Don't whine about a (small) class buff as if the entire RvR campaign would suffer from it. It was very possibile even before the change, just with more care and attention from the WE/WH. Move along thank you

Lithenir

Post#98 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:03 pm

Brickson wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:18 am Body block and mine the ramps so that the WE doesn't even get in attack range. Mining the lord room or putting down napalm around the lord is pretty pointless to defend this unless you have a ton of aoe to reliably follow up a triggered mine.
Was waiting for someone saying something like that. As you can see we tried blocking and mine the ramps and doors. We were just a 6-man in disc and some PUGs around. Couldn't manage to held single WEs out.

But regardless of that, it's ridiculous that one skill is enough to tagg the lord

Ads
Lithenir

Post#99 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:07 pm

kryss wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:59 am
It was very possibile even before the change, just with more care and attention from the WE/WH. Move along thank you
See that's the point. I don't mind WE/WH being able to do that. But before it was not as easy as it is now. That is the difference

Brickson

Post#100 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:56 pm

Spoiler:
Lithenir wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:03 pm
Brickson wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:18 am Body block and mine the ramps so that the WE doesn't even get in attack range. Mining the lord room or putting down napalm around the lord is pretty pointless to defend this unless you have a ton of aoe to reliably follow up a triggered mine.
Was waiting for someone saying something like that. As you can see we tried blocking and mine the ramps and doors. We were just a 6-man in disc and some PUGs around. Couldn't manage to held single WEs out.

But regardless of that, it's ridiculous that one skill is enough to tagg the lord

Well if you leave out the fact that you only had a few people for defense, people will assume that there was a proper amount of people defending (like a warband or more)...
Judging by the information you provided it sounds like there were just to few defenders in general and the WE could have easily done it with the old stealth duration as well. Maybe even a snb tank could have a chance to tag the lord in this situation if they enter through the postern.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming your group for not having enough people ;)
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW