Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 14th May 2016

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Shadowgurke

Re: Changelog 14th May 2016

Post#21 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:05 pm

zumos2 wrote:I don't get the point of releasing tier 4, make people excited, farm for the best, then take it all away. "Broken rvr mechanics", the only major bug was the fact that order could not lock Praag zone. The system was put in by yourself and it was easy to see that you could get a lot of medaillons quickly. You should always expect players to take the easiest path, thus avoiding each other and just locking zones one after another. I just wished you had hold on with tier 4 and release it in a better state instead releasing it early and now demoralising people by doing gear wipes. If there is a major bug that lets players get gear in an unfair way or a huge exploit, that is a different story. But that was not the case with the annihilator gear. I would even argue that the speed on getting the annihilator as it was is up to par with the Mercenary gear from scenarios, a reason less to make this wipe.

I'm actually pretty lucky now that I got gloves and boots in my 2 gold bags, but some others are a lot less fortunate :(
The reason why they rushed T4 release is so that people could play in a working campaign again since keeps were bugged. So they had to decide whether they wanted to let people play a bugged T3 or a bugged T4. I personally am very happy that they released T4 earlier than expected. The devs put in the system because they believed that people would fight in the zones. If I was in their shoes I too would expect people that play a RvR game to actually participate in said activity, rather than grinding empty keeps. And finally the sheer absurd number of Medallions you could get made it incredibly obvious that there was bound to be a wipe. In a day I would get as much medallions as I would get in a week in T3- If anybody really believed that was the intented behaviour then I feel sorry for them, but the rest could have easily come to the conclusion that there was a wipe on the horizon, especially after Ruingate

Ads
zumos2

Post#22 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Azarael wrote:Broken Record Time
- Yes the RvR mechanics were broken because people were rocking full sets for doing absolutely nothing
I think our WH farmed like 50 hours last 5 days, constantly ganking zones, attending keep attacks, definitely doing nothing ...
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Azarael

Post#23 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Then if he did so for the express purpose of getting that gear, and not to have fun, he's an idiot, isn't he? I'm not even going to hold back because I want you to understand the viewpoint that is being taken here.

We told you. EXPECT WIPES. What we will not let you do is then go out, farm intensively for gear, and then try to use the time you spent farming under warning of potential bugs/wipes as a mechanism for complaint or staff pressurization.

Does something seem too easy? Expect us to hammer it. Simple as that.

zumos2

Post#24 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:08 pm

JoeMamAz wrote: The point of releasing tier 4 was to test bugs. They need people to test what they've been working on.
That's not a reason to release a knowingly easily farmed rvr system and then piss people off by removing their gear. Of course we're also reporting bugs etc

Shadowgurke

Post#25 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Londo
-World map will now show fight intensity for each zone. (Small swords, medium swords, and major swords, depending on size of battle).
So we will see if there is action in a zone that we are not currently participating in?

Genisaurus
- Caledor Woods has returned, taking the place of High Pass Cemetery.
Very much appreciated, thank you. Does this mean that the number of scenarios is a limitation you cannot change atm?

Dana
Former Staff

Post#26 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:17 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:
Londo
-World map will now show fight intensity for each zone. (Small swords, medium swords, and major swords, depending on size of battle).
So we will see if there is action in a zone that we are not currently participating in?

Yes.
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

zumos2

Post#27 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:19 pm

Azarael wrote:Then if he did so for the express purpose of getting that gear, and not to have fun, he's an idiot, isn't he? I'm not even going to hold back because I want you to understand the viewpoint that is being taken here.

We told you. EXPECT WIPES. What we will not let you do is then go out, farm intensively for gear, and then try to use the time you spent farming under warning of potential bugs/wipes as a mechanism for complaint or staff pressurization.

Does something seem too easy? Expect us to hammer it. Simple as that.
Calling my guildy an idiot is just offensive. Also as a developer you should be able to look from different viewpoints, also the hardcore viewpoint that we hold. Getting to maximum gear is priority number 1, so no he is not an idiot for doing so. And to continue to the fact that it would be "too easy", you can get the scenario gear a lot quicker than you could get the rvr gear. Same with Ruin gear, if you farm the PQ 1 or 2 days you should have all that gear too.

Another point by doing this gear wipe you make a choice between two evils. One you do the gear wipe and you piss a lot of people off or you let people (in your eyes) be in front of the gear curve). Is it really worth pissing people off by delaying the time people get the max gear by maybe 2 weeks? I would say no to that question but you may disagree there.

Azarael

Post#28 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:24 pm

I don't retract my comment, and it seems you are still not getting it.

You made the decision to play hardcore during a period of upheaval, the release of Tier 4, and explicit warning of wipes. You, he and many others possess the intellect to know when something is too easy or too fast, and you decided, in spite of that knowledge and the warnings, you'd farm anyway. Now you stand before me attempting to criticise the actions of our staff (and no, this wipe was not my idea, so I'll say "our staff") and bleat about how you've lost out.

What you thought was going to happen:

1: Devs warn
2: You ignore warning and obvious issues with progression and farm intensively
3: Devs predictably wipe
4: You complain
5: Devs take it and resolve to do something differently in future

What is actually happening:

1: Devs warn
2: You ignore warning and obvious issues with progression and farm intensively
3: Devs predictably wipe
4: You complain
5: Devs don't give a single damn, because a warning was issued

I can't emphasise it enough. I don't care. I'm pretty sure everyone else doesn't care either, because not only did we warn you, the system was obviously flawed and we have a record for acting in these circumstances.

End of.

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#29 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:25 pm

zumos2 wrote:
JoeMamAz wrote: The point of releasing tier 4 was to test bugs. They need people to test what they've been working on.
That's not a reason to release a knowingly easily farmed rvr system and then piss people off by removing their gear. Of course we're also reporting bugs etc
It's very kind of you to explain for me that I did in fact know the system would be easily farmed. I was actually a bit confused about whether or not I knew that, so it's good to have some clarification.

I mean, I'm sure you can understand my confusion! I know I had spent a week wrangling with the T3 code to try and make it apply to T4, and then given up and built something new from scratch. And I know I spent another week fixing real bugs in it, like keeps not becoming attackable, or keep lords not spawning. But I just couldn't remember realizing that...

Door damage reduction formula wasn't scaling for T4 levels of damage, so doors were breaking in literally 17 seconds. Or...
Siege weapons weren't actually working, because the area that was considered part of the keep was too small. Or...
Players would capture a zone and refuse to push onto the next, even though the rewards were better.

But I'm sure I must have realized those things, because possessing that a priori knowledge would be the only way that I would have known that the RvR system was easily farmable. What I just don't understand, is how it took me another week to fix all those issues if I knew about them ahead of time? I must not have my priorities straight or something.

Gummitutte

Post#30 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Only keep bags with defenders is the best thing in a long time.
Spoiler: