Ads

Changelog 08/08/2016

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akalukz

Re: Changelog 08/08/2016

Post#101 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:47 am

Penril wrote:
Azarael wrote:There is actually a missing element in BFP and Gromril Crossing. Pretty sure if all flags were held, dominated faction could capture middle to reset SC.

Base rewards are not a problem for me, I'm fine with setting a threshold.
This is correct.
Good to hear
-= Agony =-

Ads
Hogie

Post#102 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:21 pm

Nice work folks

Hogie

Post#103 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:24 pm

awesome :)

Akalukz

Post#104 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Azarael wrote:...........................

There are clear problems at the moment which need to be solved. As such, I intend to instate the following changes:

- Scenarios last 16 minutes. Over the last minute, the teams will receive points to scale their scores up until the winning team reaches 500 at the end of that minute. This is so that objective-based scenarios will drop loot and the rolls will be able to complete.

- As an extension of the above, any win on any scenario will be treated as a full win.

- Kills in objective-based scenarios will be completely devoid of reward (at the moment they pay out XP/Renown which is claimed at the end of the game, scaled by score.) Instead, the scenario win reward will behave as if each player of the enemy team has been killed a certain number of times proportional to score. This is being done because I hadn't realized that the base rewards for winning a scenario were such garbage. Kill rewards need to be removed from objective-based scenarios because the teams are still incentivized to farm renown rather than play the objective, especially if one team is stronger than the other.

- Tracking will be added to make sure that idlers aren't able to exploit the above.

- Win rewards will be scaled by the average length of a scenario plus a certain time factor (to represent wait time between scenarios), such that scenarios which are longer on average will pay out more.

Has the renown / kill change been made? if so, would it be possible to update the change log on the main page, or add it some hotfix notes, when I try to tell people in game that spawn camping is not productive, they don't believe me.
-= Agony =-

Azarael

Post#105 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Sure. Will update previous topic.

Akalukz

Post#106 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:30 pm

sweet! Thanks!
-= Agony =-