Ads

Changelog 19/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ninepaces

Re: Changelog 19/11/16

Post#41 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Spoiler:
fine dont listen lol. the server pop plummets.
Constructive comments, or don't post. We do listen when people form coherent statements.

- wargrimnir

Ads
Jaycub

Post#42 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Ninepaces wrote:fine dont listen lol. the server pop plummets.
A lot of people myself included aren't playing because we are waiting on new content, not because of balance changes. And the population hasn't been plummeting at all, even NA is actually slowly growing now thanks to RvR changes.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#43 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Jaycub wrote:A lot of people myself included aren't playing because we are waiting on new content, not because of balance changes.
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Toldavf

Post#44 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:51 pm

I would like to speak on on behalf of several of my friends who main doks. Their ability to group heal is now massively compromised and they all unanimously hate the changes and sat here reading them i can't say i blame them.

So lets have a run down of why its bad first off your resource generation is now linked to your armour prayer so a dok who want to maintain a decent amount of healing out put now has to be squishier then the witch elf he heals and for that matter any other healer (they all have ways of being relatively tough). As somebody who knows a thing or two on what makes a good healer in this game, the healer has to be able to fend for them selves allot in a melee environment a healer that cannot withstand a little pressure from even a single dps won't be taken and wont see play. A dok cannot be stealing guard and running for cover every time a solo wh jumps them.

Then onto vitality so it reads we are no longer allowed the healing proc in the healing build it is now exclusively a melee dps prayer as it gimps your healing by rather a large amount. This means the prayer like celerity, is only available to a melee dok so healing dok now no longer has access to 2 of its skills.

The damage amp to both celerity and righteousness is a flat out joke there is no way that any dps healer should touch the levels of a true dps in terms of damage there is absolutely zero balance.

I can say on the other side of the coin that i am glad the warrior priest finally got its 50% heal debuff its been a long time coming.

To sum up however this patch added allot of contrived and over the top changes that are not fun to play with and break the classes in new ways instead of providing any fixes. It is my hope that the community will not support these changes and that the majority will soon be reverted.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

peterthepan3

Post#45 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Sorry but that's rubbish ^ WoW has done it perfectly: as long as the class in question doesn't retain its healing, there is no reason why it can't function as a DPS. Provided the Wrath WP and Torture DOK have very limited healing potential, then why should they not be able to function as a DPS? They lack crit dmg modifier, they lack anti-snare and gap closing potential (Wrath WP has some now, but unreliable), and they are easily abused by a good tank: those are pretty big drawbacks, and this will become even more apparent later on in the game when other classes begin to shine more.

Variety is key in PvP games so as to create as many different comps as possible, lest we're stuck with the same monotonous KOTBS/IB/WP/WP/SL/SL **** that some people swear by.

Sigimund

Post#46 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Toldavf wrote:Then onto vitality so it reads we are no longer allowed the healing proc in the healing build it is now exclusively a melee dps prayer as it gimps your healing by rather a large amount. This means the prayer like celerity, is only available to a melee dok so healing dok now no longer has access to 2 of its skills.
I think you have misunderstood the patch notes. Vitality is not available to melee DPS specs (5 min cd) and is not a DPS prayer at all (-50% DPS while using Vitality). It is for survivability and lifetaps.

If you are using the armour/regen aura and you get attacked in melee you need to switch to Vitality for normal armour, free AOE detaunt and supercharged TE/RS. Feel free to change back to the armour/regen afterwards.

Azarael

Post#47 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Toldavf wrote:I would like to speak on on behalf of several of my friends who main doks. Their ability to group heal is now massively compromised and they all unanimously hate the changes and sat here reading them i can't say i blame them.

Surely not another "I want to pure backline while having medium armor and short casts and all the stuff designed to be a melee healer, how dare you nerf me!" post...

So lets have a run down of why its bad first off your resource generation is now linked to your armour prayer so a dok who want to maintain a decent amount of healing out put now has to be squishier then the witch elf he heals and for that matter any other healer (they all have ways of being relatively tough). As somebody who knows a thing or two on what makes a good healer in this game, the healer has to be able to fend for them selves allot in a melee environment a healer that cannot withstand a little pressure from even a single dps won't be taken and wont see play. A dok cannot be stealing guard and running for cover every time a solo wh jumps them.

I knew it.

What your friends want to do is sit in backline, with medium armor, being tankier and more viable than any other healer, and then justify resistance to any change with "b-but I want to heal! I don't want to hit things!"

If you're in RvR, you get the nerf you deserved - WP and DoK had a reputation as far and away the best RvR healers. Now it stops. If you're in SCs and you refuse to switch prayer or covenant when necessary, then die for that refusal until you learn to do so, roll another healer more suited to backline play or (and I'm sure someone will mention it if I don't, so here it is:) leave, if that's the way you want it.

Seriously, it's sickening. Why do some of you think you're entitled to be better than the other healers for all time? You're not. One way or another, the WP/DoK mandatory status is going to be broken, just the same way the KotBS/Chosen mandatory status will be. Yes, that's going to make people who rolled WP/DoK to be overpowered salty. Should I care if people are salty about losing overpowered status? No.

I'd also love to see the Witch Elf that they're less tanky than. As stated in the notes, the multiplicative reduction is performed after the additive reduction, so if you get hit with a 1200 armor debuff with 4k armor stacked, your end armor is 2800 / 2 = 1400. Find me a light armored class with that much armor post-debuff.

Then onto vitality so it reads we are no longer allowed the healing proc in the healing build it is now exclusively a melee dps prayer as it gimps your healing by rather a large amount. This means the prayer like celerity, is only available to a melee dok so healing dok now no longer has access to 2 of its skills.

Straight lie. Read the changes again, or check Sigimund's post above. I play WP and DoK in Devotion and Vitality with occasional switching to Abso/Tenacity, as healers, I'm not making changes to a class that I don't play, so don't try this with me because it simply will not work.

The damage amp to both celerity and righteousness is a flat out joke there is no way that any dps healer should touch the levels of a true dps in terms of damage there is absolutely zero balance.

Pan covered this pretty well. Guess what they would be doing if the amp weren't there? Using TE and S'R for more total damage and healing.

I can say on the other side of the coin that i am glad the warrior priest finally got its 50% heal debuff its been a long time coming.

To sum up however this patch added allot of contrived and over the top changes that are not fun to play with and break the classes in new ways instead of providing any fixes. It is my hope that the community will not support these changes and that the majority will soon be reverted.

Keep hoping. If you think I went into this not knowing that backline WP/DoKs who refuse to adapt would give me grief, you're very wrong. I knew it was coming, and I am not going to fold.

Niky

Post#48 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Welcome to new procs mechanik xD

Kotbs+SM+DD WP+MeleeHealWP+BW+Any healer
Chosen+Borc+DD Dok+MeleeHealDok+Sorc+Any healer

Any one want kill all? Make it.
Destro: Mara Nyky / DOK Crystof
Order: SL Niky / BW Nykky / SW Nyky / WL Nikky / SM Ulee
Live: WP Eprst

Ads
Toldavf

Post#49 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Look i have played in some solid groups in my time here (something we generally don't see from our design team) so please don't paint me as a whiner when i offer you criticism or feed back. Currently my zealot in its lowby gear (some left over from t2!) has more armour then my dok (in full t4 gear nearly).

You obviously care fanatically about this game its plain to see but you are to heavy handed you make massive sweeping changes instead of just tweaking a few things at a time. The result is that test data becomes inaccurate, goes unreported, or is misread because the relevant data is so scattered about and not condensed (to my knowledge).

Let me ask a some what related question aza how many hours have you logged on melee dps toons solo. in groups and in warbands. Not including your dps healers and tanks.

Edit: Oh and as an aside for those that call me liar Soul infusion heals for
No covenant: 425 a tick
Tenacity: 428 a tick
Cel/Vilality: 369 a tick
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Azarael

Post#50 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 pm

If you don't want to be painted as a whiner, offer me something I can use and actually reply to what I say rather than going into tangents of "I have less armor" (you are supposed to switch - the armor debuff is there to make you switch - repeat after me "I must switch when I am focused or I will die") and "how many hours do you have logged playing dps?" which I'm not getting drawn into becasue guess what? It's an ad hom - if you've got a point to make, try actually making it.

I don't know what impression you have, but I don't make changes unilaterally - there are other people here vetting my proposals and decisions. What I do, however, is eat all the **** that comes from the community because they assume that any changes are being made either to serve my agenda or in ignorance by me and me alone. That's the cross to bear that comes from having this tag, but oh my god does it get hella annoying when people start trying to attack me instead of attacking the decisions.

There was a point at which I was going to back off from issuing responses, and I told the CMs as such, that they should put a wall between me and feedback so that I wouldn't have to engage with posters who couldn't even persuade the CMs of something. I keep breaking that wall to respond personally and I'm starting to regret it. One of the reasons for that is the bait and switch tactic that people keep using - repeat an old point, force the response, then ignore the response to attack me personally, or take the tone of the response and use that instead.