Ads

Changelog 29/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lektroluv
Suspended

Re: Changelog 29/11/16

Post#171 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:18 pm

Theseus wrote:My idea, which I wanted to post in my WL Pet damage thread now, if it wouldnt had been closed, would be to link the pet DPS to the owners weapon... so if the weapon has 78DPS the pet has also 78 dps. It would be less than the 100 which is at least for now clearly to high, but it is high enough that a pet makes sense ans it is thought in war obviously.... as a contributer to the damage of the class. The beauty of it is, that the damage isnt so ridiculous high in lower levels and gets higher with better gear.... in the same pace the better gear of the other classes neglect the damage from the pet.

While that sounds fair on paper, would still make the Squig herder pet be worse than lion one because SH class use one weapon in each slot (melee one and range one, 52 dps or around each in t4 and i assume each weapon would affect the type of pet you using in that moment)
So, you asking white lion pet only lose 22dps, while SH lose 48dps... another nail in the coffin, if you consider SH was already much worse if you count something as Epic weapons procs are not procing from ranged attacks aka mele epic weapon only proc from melee attacks and range one only procs in range attacks.
Giving SH epics a great disavantage of low damage and only one proc per weapon, while 2 hand epic weapons do hight damage and get two procs in attacks.
This extend to future weapons with procs, not only epic ones... SH weapons only proc from theyr range or mele abilities independent, while 2hand classes have both procs in the weapon procing in all theyr attacks.

Ads
blaqwar

Post#172 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Lektroluv wrote:
Theseus wrote:My idea, which I wanted to post in my WL Pet damage thread now, if it wouldnt had been closed, would be to link the pet DPS to the owners weapon... so if the weapon has 78DPS the pet has also 78 dps. It would be less than the 100 which is at least for now clearly to high, but it is high enough that a pet makes sense ans it is thought in war obviously.... as a contributer to the damage of the class. The beauty of it is, that the damage isnt so ridiculous high in lower levels and gets higher with better gear.... in the same pace the better gear of the other classes neglect the damage from the pet.

While that sounds fair on paper, would still make the Squig herder pet be worse than lion one because SH class use one weapon in each slot (melee one and range one, 52 dps or around each in t4 and i assume each weapon would affect the type of pet you using in that moment)
So, you asking white lion pet only lose 22dps, while SH lose 48dps... another nail in the coffin, if you consider SH was already much worse if you count something as Epic weapons procs are not procing from ranged attacks aka mele epic weapon only proc from melee attacks and range one only procs in range attacks.
Giving SH epics a great disavantage of low damage and only one proc per weapon, while 2 hand epic weapons do hight damage and get two procs in attacks.
This extend to future weapons with procs, not only epic ones... SH weapons only proc from theyr range or mele abilities independent, while 2hand classes have both procs in the weapon procing in all theyr attacks.
Torque already said the team dislikes procs and they will be limited on future items, besides this topic has nothing to do with weapon procs or looking at them in a vacuum, if you want to do that there was a thread around here somewhere with a guy whining about 2handers having two procs while one handed weapons have one. Look there.

@Torque: You can't be seriously saying that the fact 20% of the top 20 are SHs is a proof of anything other than the career being good at farming renown (RDPS, slippery, pet for tagging things, good matchups, low maintenance, good utility, viability in different situations). I get what you're saying but this claim on it's own is just absurd.

Theseus

Post#173 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Ok, first to Natherul: I am well aware of all of that. If you read my OP in this thread I posted screens how it affected the Lion. I gave reasons why I didnt like the patch and tried to be objective. I even do agree that 100 dps are to much. Btw the only reason I didnt deliver a solution with the complaint was, that I had none at the time. I now thought of one and due to penrils suggestion i made a balance propsal. ( hope I got the formating stuff right.... i am just not good at that bureaucratic stuff.^^) So please dont assume I dont respect your work because I differ from you in my oppinion. And to the bug argument. I am also aware of that.

To Torquemadra: Same of Natherul. I am aware of your arguments, thats why I try to be objectively. And please dont assume that I would think anyone is stupid only because I have another oppinion..... such assumptions are a bit insulting to me. I just will write what I think, and if I have ideas how we could do it better I will post them, I think thats the whole purpose of this forum, is it not?

To Lektrulov: I only had an Idea for the white lion issue. Sorry buddy I cant say anything to the squig as I never played one... so i wont do that. Even if my White lion idea could work for squigs too with some tweaking.... but i leave that to you squig players.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#174 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Spoiler:
A better idea in my opinion, start both White lion pet and Squigh herder with 60 dps weapon for pets at lvl 40 and 40 renow,

And add 10 dps into pets each 10 renow past that

70dps at lvl 50 renow
80dps at lvl 60 renow
90dps at lvl 70 renow
100dps at lvl 80 renow

In the case of range problem, which right now affects the Squig herder, make the extend range tactic affect the pet abilities, specially because they appear as core ones in the third path when we visit the monolith specialization npc, and tooltip shows the range is hit by tactic too even if it is not affecting them right now.

This will give a prize for level up your toons to renow 80 both white lion and squig herder, and not making pets stuck with a 24 dps weapon even if you are lvl 40 and 80 renow... which is really bad,bad idea and once better gear arrives those 46hp hits will turn into 20hp ones... and some person equiping armour with regen effect on it, is already regening more damage than the pet is doing on them.
Balance proposal outside of the balance forum - Penril
Last edited by Lektroluv on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#175 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Theseus wrote:Ok, first to Natherul: I am well aware of all of that. If you read my OP in this thread I posted screens how it affected the Lion. I gave reasons why I didnt like the patch and tried to be objective. I even do agree that 100 dps are to much. Btw the only reason I didnt deliver a solution with the complaint was, that I had none at the time. I now thought of one and due to penrils suggestion i made a balance propsal. ( hope I got the formating stuff right.... i am just not good at that bureaucratic stuff.^^) So please dont assume I dont respect your work because I differ from you in my oppinion. And to the bug argument. I am also aware of that.
I know and your OP in that topic was fine and I hope that you have success with the proposal. See I only want to make sure the rules are followed and I have no real opinion on the pet changes as I dont have any of the affected classes and I have yet to see any real data from playing with/against one yet, my only opinion is that if the code was bugged it needed to be fixed and then look at the exact balance after.

Theseus

Post#176 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Natherul wrote:
Theseus wrote:Ok, first to Natherul: I am well aware of all of that. If you read my OP in this thread I posted screens how it affected the Lion. I gave reasons why I didnt like the patch and tried to be objective. I even do agree that 100 dps are to much. Btw the only reason I didnt deliver a solution with the complaint was, that I had none at the time. I now thought of one and due to penrils suggestion i made a balance propsal. ( hope I got the formating stuff right.... i am just not good at that bureaucratic stuff.^^) So please dont assume I dont respect your work because I differ from you in my oppinion. And to the bug argument. I am also aware of that.
I know and your OP in that topic was fine and I hope that you have success with the proposal. See I only want to make sure the rules are followed and I have no real opinion on the pet changes as I dont have any of the affected classes and I have yet to see any real data from playing with/against one yet, my only opinion is that if the code was bugged it needed to be fixed and then look at the exact balance after.
Ok then everything is good. I seem to get to easily insuled then.^^
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

blaqwar

Post#177 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
blaqwar wrote: @Torque: You can't be seriously saying that the fact 20% of the top 20 are SHs is a proof of anything other than the career being good at farming renown (RDPS, slippery, pet for tagging things, good matchups, low maintenance, good utility, viability in different situations). I get what you're saying but this claim on it's own is just absurd.
Be very, very careful at trying to put words in my mouth, I did nothing but point out the fact of the matter, of which is a part of the overall and made no further inferences.
I'm sorry if you see this as putting words in your mouth. I assumed that's what you were saying by having the lines stating facts about renown standings succed the sentence pointing out how strong pet classes are how much damage SHs could do. I guess I misunderstood the entire context of your post.

I shall be careful about assuming anything about your posts in the future, I apologise.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#178 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:41 pm

This thread has sadly become almost a parody with all the failure to follow the rules.

I will lock the thread for now.

and to all and any SH/WL we know you pets are nerfed now and we will look into it.

Ads