Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 29/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Morf

Re: Changelog 29/11/16

Post#151 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Having played my sh yesterday the damage nerf seems legit, was to much before which is funny coz i mentioned this a while ago after being solo'ed by a wl pet on my sh when he was still a lowbie and after finding out spiky could solo lowbie clothies with squig frenzy up, guess i wasnt mad after all huh.

As others have said the range is slightly troublesome, having swdw affect spikey range would solve that but squigs are core and dont gain bonuses from mastery paths (i think ?) so idk if that would work.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
Bowme

Post#152 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Morf wrote:As others have said the range is slightly troublesome, having swdw affect spikey range would solve that but squigs are core and dont gain bonuses from mastery paths (i think ?) so idk if that would work.
We just need to wait for Devs to answer that. It would be a logical and needed change.

Nycta

Post#153 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:22 pm

I agree with the others on this, the damage nerf was long overdue since it could put out a load of damage when combined with Squig Frenzy (3 mins cd) and really heavy with M3. On the other hand, 75% dmg reduction is a bit overboard and the engineer(and magus) buffs and changes make no sense to me anymore in terms of balance and fairness. As far as I am concerned, SH was unique and added diversity to the game through the quick shooting tree. The only other viable spec is big shooting but by the time you get to set it up, you 'll just realize you should have played a Sorc or (definitely now) a Magus.

Quick shooting is what gives SH its mobility and the potential to push the fight, especially against engineers that need to be pushed fast and hard before they dish out insane amounts of damage. And quick shooting only becomes viable and competitive with the use of the Spiked squig. Now that the squig has 65 ft range and is squishier than before (it felt squishier but a clarification on the change would be nice) it is very difficult to make it useful and in most cases it is (and soon as the opposition gets a grasp of the change it will become) a waste of time. It is very hard to keep it out of aoe (most aoe is 65 ft) so it now is even more unfit for open rvr, it is bound to be slayed by melee and tanks more often, feed a WP even more often (a whole different issue here) and as for engineers, they have to be braindead not to destroy it in seconds, given the turret (120 ft range) can hit them with impunity for 55ft, the engineer for 75ft - 130ft. Add to this that there is no UI (addons included) or keybind (working) for the healers to target the pets (not any I know of at least) which makes it even more troublesome and risky to use.

Should the Spiked dies, and unless you waste a tactic (I got lots), which would be an even greater nerf to the SH, for 30 seconds, plus 2 to re-summon, SH is left w/o its mobility since there will be no auto attack while moving and 5% crit, let alone disarm/Run away that are lost the moment you are left w/o a squig, something that momentarily gives a great advantage to the ones chasing it unless it spends 2 seconds standing still to summon another to get the abilities alone. Another issue is the range of Farty Squig and Tastes like Chicken(nope!), it was hard to call the squig back in time to explode/eat it and make the summon of another squig instant before it dies, now it is, and will soon be even more difficult when the opposition understands what's going on.

As far as I am concerned, with the range change you overstepped the threshold between nerfing and breaking a class. Their range should either be restored to 100ft or at least be affected by Shooting wif da wind tactic(11 points into quick shooting) and the rest of the balance changes to other classes should be managed around this. All in all, the feeling I get from this change is something along the line of "you had your day in the sun, and it was too clear a sky, now enjoy the overcast - if you can!".
Yipikaye - "It doesn't taste like chicken!.."
Play - "Winds of Insanity trololol, omnomnom!"
Nycta - "Not again!.."
Jumaru - "Tenderness beats harshness!"
Oblivion - *Beckons..*

KnockedDown N :x :D bz

Bowme

Post#154 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:49 pm

Nycta wrote:I agree with the others on this, the damage nerf was long overdue since it could put out a load of damage when combined with Squig Frenzy (3 mins cd) and really heavy with M3. On the other hand, 75% dmg reduction is a bit overboard and the engineer(and magus) buffs and changes make no sense to me anymore in terms of balance and fairness. As far as I am concerned, SH was unique and added diversity to the game through the quick shooting tree. The only other viable spec is big shooting but by the time you get to set it up, you 'll just realize you should have played a Sorc or (definitely now) a Magus.

Quick shooting is what gives SH its mobility and the potential to push the fight, especially against engineers that need to be pushed fast and hard before they dish out insane amounts of damage. And quick shooting only becomes viable and competitive with the use of the Spiked squig. Now that the squig has 65 ft range and is squishier than before (it felt squishier but a clarification on the change would be nice) it is very difficult to make it useful and in most cases it is (and soon as the opposition gets a grasp of the change it will become) a waste of time. It is very hard to keep it out of aoe (most aoe is 65 ft) so it now is even more unfit for open rvr, it is bound to be slayed by melee and tanks more often, feed a WP even more often (a whole different issue here) and as for engineers, they have to be braindead not to destroy it in seconds, given the turret (120 ft range) can hit them with impunity for 55ft, the engineer for 75ft - 130ft. Add to this that there is no UI (addons included) or keybind (working) for the healers to target the pets (not any I know of at least) which makes it even more troublesome and risky to use.

Should the Spiked dies, and unless you waste a tactic (I got lots), which would be an even greater nerf to the SH, for 30 seconds, plus 2 to re-summon, SH is left w/o its mobility since there will be no auto attack while moving and 5% crit, let alone disarm/Run away that are lost the moment you are left w/o a squig, something that momentarily gives a great advantage to the ones chasing it unless it spends 2 seconds standing still to summon another to get the abilities alone. Another issue is the range of Farty Squig and Tastes like Chicken(nope!), it was hard to call the squig back in time to explode/eat it and make the summon of another squig instant before it dies, now it is, and will soon be even more difficult when the opposition understands what's going on.

As far as I am concerned, with the range change you overstepped the threshold between nerfing and breaking a class. Their range should either be restored to 100ft or at least be affected by Shooting wif da wind tactic(11 points into quick shooting) and the rest of the balance changes to other classes should be managed around this. All in all, the feeling I get from this change is something along the line of "you had your day in the sun, and it was too clear a sky, now enjoy the overcast - if you can!".
Another experienced Squig Herder presents valid arguments. So please rethink the latest range change and prevent the class from becoming broken (heavily gimped). Again - it's not only a nerf to the pet BUT to the class itself (since QS is the only viable path at the moment). And it doesn't matter if you make Spikeys range 100ft again or SWDW affect his range. Either solution is good and needed.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#155 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Spoiler:
Squig herder class is dead, and i will give you reasons and knowledge.

Reason 1 the range nerf , for perspective the range was 100 feet, now it is 65 ----> 35% nerf (nobody would make a nerf of 35% distance and think people will not outrage against that heavy nerf, specially when other ranged classes with 150 feet attacks got a range buff equally big but in positive side)

Reason 2 the developer argue the damage was too high because the Squig and white lion were using a 100DPS weapon, the solution was as bad as range one or even worse...they argue 100dps was too much damage because it was better than best weapon in game, and theyr solution is give the pets with longer range attacks than 30 feets a 24 dps weapon.

Putting this in perspective other time a reduction from 100dps to 24dps weapon is a 86% weapon dps nerf...yeah you read right 86% nerf!! while other range classes got a 40% damage buff instead.

And i will add even more perspective, yesterday i noticed the T1 open rvr reward is a 17 dps weapon, not much less than those 24 dps which now use the ranged pet.

So basicly, SH pet was hiting too hard using a 100dps weapon, but the nerf by 86% and making it use a T1 weapon damage is right.... yes read right a T1 weapon, for players with level 40 and 40-50-60-70 and in the future 80 renow, your pet will still have a T1 weapon, how cute.

The spiked squig pet detaunted is doing 46hp hits in a burning wizzards with 940 armour debuff, and unguarded
The spiked Squig is doing 41hp hits in kotbs with 940 armour debuff.
The spiked squig is doing 86 hp undetaunted hits in enginer with 940 armour debuff and unguarded.

And i have pictures of all of them, and i rechecked them before do this post.

This was obiusly a overnerf, almost a biblical size nerf, i would say this is simply a organizated murder....and doesn't matter what they will give to the class in the future, right now is much better stop play SH and try other classes.
Natherul warned everyone about non-constructive, whining posts. User has been issued a warning - Penril.

Bowme

Post#156 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Lektroluv wrote:(..)right now is much better stop play SH and try other classes.
This is partially true and a big problem. It's also something that Devs don't want as their goal was to make each class playable and (as for dps classes) capable of dealing solid damage (hence Engie-Magus buff). That's why we're posting here. Bringing arguments into this discussion. Pointing out that last change was a bit too much.

And this also applies to WL pet dmg nerf imo.

Penril

Post#157 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:03 pm

Bowme wrote:
Lektroluv wrote:(..)right now is much better stop play SH and try other classes.
This is partially true and a big problem. It's also something that Devs don't want as their goal was to make each class playable and (as for dps classes) capable of dealing solid damage (hence Engie-Magus buff). That's why we're posting here. Bringing arguments into this discussion. Pointing out that last change was a bit too much.

It's not true at all. Last night I saw several SHs doing fine in RvR and SCs. I played mine as well.

Pet doing low damage? True, it might need some adjusting in the near future. We need constructive criticism for that.

SH class dead, like some people in this thread say? No. Not one bit.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#158 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:07 pm

Penril wrote:
Bowme wrote:

It's not true at all. Last night I saw several SHs doing fine in RvR and SCs. I played mine as well.

Pet doing low damage? True, it might need some adjusting in the near future. We need constructive criticism for that.

SH class dead? No. Not one bit.
Is your opinion and i respect it, but i can't be agree with you

Ads
Bowme

Post#159 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Penril wrote:
Bowme wrote:

SH class dead? No. Not one bit.
I never said it's a dead class. SHs that have been playing this class for a while won't have bigger problems. We can adjust. I was talking about new SHs or ppl wanting to start one. It's not an easy class to play when you just started. And now they will think twice before making one.

Penril

Post#160 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:17 pm

Bowme wrote: I never said it's a dead class. SHs that have been playing this class for a while won't have bigger problems. We can adjust. I was talking about new SHs or ppl wanting to start one. It's not an easy class to play when you just started. And now they will think twice before making one.

I don't understand... if experienced SHs won't have any major issues, then what's the problem?

As for people not starting SHs because of this, too bad. It's exactly for cases like this one (a class going through a buff/nerf/fix) that we need TESTERS. If people are gonna ragequit the moment something is changed, then... bye, i guess?