Recent Topics

Ads

Patchnotes 15/12/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patchnotes 15/12/16

Post#121 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:54 pm

Such an unappreciative community for real.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#122 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:03 pm

@dur3al Well I still disagree with your breakdown of why ONLY MDPS can use detaunts, for the reasoning I already put. But that brings up an interesting point. Guard doesn't stack with detaunt, can't test anymore, but did detaunt have any effect on WP/DoK while under a guard?

The positioning and target priority of the opposition determine whom and when you should detaunt. In a 3-2-1 group, detaunt if that WP could be a very good idea. If your the only target around him. They want to go run 100ft while snared for a diff target? Perfect!

You're theory crafting particular situations to fit your arguement. Then insulting peoples ability and intelligence. That's what I'm reading anyways.
Last edited by Dabbart on Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

roadkillrobin

Post#123 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:04 pm

RyanMakara wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:
RyanMakara wrote:
Why are you taking it as whining?
I'm just explaining on regard of Zumos post why people leave the game when you are are drasticly changing something about that game wich people love or don't agree with They spent shitload of time in a game, wich is basicly all about progression and now you changed it to something they don't like. So now they weigh between spending that time again on another toon with the risk of same thing happen to that one, or leave. The lack of insurance here will make em leave.
T'is an alpha game, expect change. I recall an argument from the earliest days of this server, when people were exclaiming their time spent here 'testing' should mean something. It is your own, personal choice to dedicate your time and effort to this game. It is free of charge, with the possibility of having your voice heard in development changes. We are not holding you at gunpoint.

Your 'progression' argument makes zero sense to me, by the way. Do you mean progression in terms of levels and gear, or development progression? Level and gear progression are still a work in progress (most of which is skippable/braindead atm) and overall development is halted by the limit of resources and dedication of time and effort on behalf of the dev team. Also, I don't like your slippery slope fallacy. Just because class X gets changed doesn't mean class Y and Z are next. The balance of power between all classes is always fluctuating, but not to such a severe degree.
Sheilds are so high up it's impossible to even talk to you guys regarding this topic.
I'm not sure what you arn't getting from this. I'll explaing it in the simplest of terms.

This is a MMORPG. MMORPG's goal is character progression. The currency for progression is time. When you have spent time on something you get invested in it. When you no longer like what you invested in due to external interferance with it you gonna get mad.. When the external sources also tells you to they decide weather your investment is worth anything or not and expect you to just deal with it. Why should they bother dealing with those external sources anymore? Simply no love left.

I'm not sure what you're not getting about the "slipery slope fallacy" If it happens to one it can happen to the other. Thats just how predictions works. It's the reason why people get insureance in real life. They know something bad might happen, there's no guarante it will. But people still have insurance premiums.

sotora

Post#124 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:30 pm

I don't want to spend time to read through whole 15 pages of text, but from those posts I read I assume uproar is about rollingback DoK/WP changes?

So as a DoK player. I do not mind. Thank you developers for developing this game and I don't mind that mistakes are made like in any project and thus changes has to be reversed even drastically. I am OK with that. I think everyone here should know this when they started playing here.

So thank you for your work on project and godspeed.

Penril

Post#125 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:33 pm

sotora wrote:I don't want to spend time to read through whole 15 pages of text, but from those posts I read I assume uproar is about rollingback DoK/WP changes?

So as a DoK player. I do not mind. Thank you developers for developing this game and I don't mind that mistakes are made like in any project and thus changes has to be reversed even drastically. I am OK with that. I think everyone here should know this when they started playing here.

You should at least read the reason why Dok/WP .ab ex was pulled back. It is literally in the first post, and it is not because it was a "mistake".

sotora

Post#126 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Penril wrote:
sotora wrote:I don't want to spend time to read through whole 15 pages of text, but from those posts I read I assume uproar is about rollingback DoK/WP changes?

You should at least read the reason why Dok/WP .ab ex was pulled back. It is literally in the first post, and it is not because it was a "mistake".
I am aware of that. I read both 1st post and most of DoK/WP discussion that took place since melee healing was introduced several weeks ago and I do know that melle healing is coming back once patcher is ready.

So either I worded it wrongly or you understand my words not as I wished them to be understand. No need to be defensive, especially since my post was praise for developers.
Last edited by sotora on Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanMakara

Post#127 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Spoiler:
roadkillrobin wrote:
RyanMakara wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:
Why are you taking it as whining?
I'm just explaining on regard of Zumos post why people leave the game when you are are drasticly changing something about that game wich people love or don't agree with They spent shitload of time in a game, wich is basicly all about progression and now you changed it to something they don't like. So now they weigh between spending that time again on another toon with the risk of same thing happen to that one, or leave. The lack of insurance here will make em leave.
T'is an alpha game, expect change. I recall an argument from the earliest days of this server, when people were exclaiming their time spent here 'testing' should mean something. It is your own, personal choice to dedicate your time and effort to this game. It is free of charge, with the possibility of having your voice heard in development changes. We are not holding you at gunpoint.

Your 'progression' argument makes zero sense to me, by the way. Do you mean progression in terms of levels and gear, or development progression? Level and gear progression are still a work in progress (most of which is skippable/braindead atm) and overall development is halted by the limit of resources and dedication of time and effort on behalf of the dev team. Also, I don't like your slippery slope fallacy. Just because class X gets changed doesn't mean class Y and Z are next. The balance of power between all classes is always fluctuating, but not to such a severe degree.
Sheilds are so high up it's impossible to even talk to you guys regarding this topic.
I'm not sure what you arn't getting from this. I'll explaing it in the simplest of terms.

This is a MMORPG. MMORPG's goal is character progression. The currency for progression is time. When you have spent time on something you get invested in it. When you no longer like what you invested in due to external interferance with it you gonna get mad.. When the external sources also tells you to they decide weather your investment is worth anything or not and expect you to just deal with it. Why should they bother dealing with those external sources anymore? Simply no love left.

I'm not sure what you're not getting about the "slipery slope fallacy" If it happens to one it can happen to the other. Thats just how predictions works. It's the reason why people get insureance in real life. They know something bad might happen, there's no guarante it will. But people still have insurance premiums.
As said before, it's up to you to spend that time and effort. We do not charge a single hair off your back, nor do we force you to play this game. You call it 'external interference', we call it development, as this is an alpha game. We could wipe everyone's gear, levels, gold, anything, tomorrow, for no reason. Not that we would, of course. But if necessary for the progress of development in this game, we would. You are not entitled to anything here, we do just as much volunteer work for FREE as you.

You deserve especially less if you dare to justify your time spent as a basis for special treatment, when it was solely up to you to do so. You wouldn't demand a refund for every single Steam game you own after playing them for thousands of hours, simply because you realise it's been a waste of time despite the fun you've had, right? If you're not having fun, don't play the game. If you want to have fun again, either adapt or raise your voice. Here you still have the option to vent your frustrations and cricise us, usually without censorship, in order to give us proper feedback. However, if you break the rules, or the basic decency and logic we adhere to on this forum, prepare to get spanked.

Gerv
Banned

Post#128 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:54 pm

On phone so quoting is a pain.
@robin: to get respect you need to do more than just play the game and obtain character progression. You need to become involved in the change process and be active in the discussion regarding the changes. The discussion has been active for a while and if players so desire they can express their ideas. Ultimately players need to be Open to other views and accepting that some people may have a more compete grasp of the class. Then and then only respect will be given.

While obviously you are an active member of the forum community you have to realise that the devs deal with a lot more whining than we may see, from many players who just come and whine about every small change. Clearly it is finally getting to them.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#129 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Again, i'm just explaining why people get pissed off and leave when you do drastic changes. I'm not sure why you feel the need to defend or jusify what you're doing. It's your project. You do what you wanna do. But expect that you're gonna make people feel like you're wasting their time and leave.

@Gerv I'm not asking em to show respect to indidual players. I'm asking em to respect the time people put into playing the game and posted a list of sugestion that helps with just that when they need to test tings and change stuff in the game. And instead of discussing the possibillites of the sugestions they started to spam Hold The Line and explain how an Aplha works. There is a way to do both here. Atleast in theory

jorgemarco

Post#130 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Sadly scs are unplayable again with that ammount of op DOKS. I hope it will be fixed soon assuming im forced to play that bored scs to get mercenary. Yes, scs should be an alternative, not a forced way to get a set.