Patchnotes 29/12/16

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Kaberu
Posts: 9

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#41 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:34 am

ok I am confused now. Been playing for several hours this evening in DW. Many times this evening we found timers to be very hard to predict. In one case a full wb I was a part of took a BO and had a 5+ minute contested timer with a 1:35 lock. Next BO had a single zelot defending as we rolled up on it. We had to kill him and the guards. This gave us a 5+ minute contested timer and a 10 minute lock? Not sure I understand how that figures.
As we roamed and tried to figure this out by using different combinations of people instead of the entire wb our timers didn't change. Long contested times with short locks.

We found that destro was running out of orvr to sit in pve. This of course was messing with population numbers and as we would try to take a BO they would poor in from above. As a result we would then go from zero AAO to 20 or 40% and they would lock that BO back down. This resulted in a 8 or more lock timer for that team.

We watched several bo's get taken in the time it takes to lock one. We had a 6 minute contested timer with a 6 man party and got a 2 minute lock. At the same time we watched 3 others flip in under 90 seconds one after the other and each had over 5 minute locks. It feels wrong to me and was not fun. Many people left from frustration as the evening went on.

User avatar
Natherul
Developer
Posts: 1415
Contact:

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#42 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:34 am

Kaberu wrote:ok I am confused now. Been playing for several hours this evening in DW. Many times this evening we found timers to be very hard to predict. In one case a full wb I was a part of took a BO and had a 5+ minute contested timer with a 1:35 lock. Next BO had a single zelot defending as we rolled up on it. We had to kill him and the guards. This gave us a 5+ minute contested timer and a 10 minute lock? Not sure I understand how that figures.
As we roamed and tried to figure this out by using different combinations of people instead of the entire wb our timers didn't change. Long contested times with short locks.

We found that destro was running out of orvr to sit in pve. This of course was messing with population numbers and as we would try to take a BO they would poor in from above. As a result we would then go from zero AAO to 20 or 40% and they would lock that BO back down. This resulted in a 8 or more lock timer for that team.

We watched several bo's get taken in the time it takes to lock one. We had a 6 minute contested timer with a 6 man party and got a 2 minute lock. At the same time we watched 3 others flip in under 90 seconds one after the other and each had over 5 minute locks. It feels wrong to me and was not fun. Many people left from frustration as the evening went on.


Sounds like a bug in the handling? you should always expect people (both order and destro) to abuse weaknesses in new systems when they are just released. No doubt we will look into this issue and try to solve it.
You can blame my friends on the other side!
Join the Unofficial IRC
Idrinth´s addon database and client

Dajciekrwi
Posts: 398

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#43 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:19 am

GodlessCrom wrote:
Grobbok wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
[...]
Yes please, bring back Doomflayer and Warpforged and bomb groups and rr100 and no one playing the game because it was the most imbalanced piece of **** this side of DAoC. What **** game did you play back then dude, and why would you want go back to something was so imbalanced and unfun? I liked WAR, but it wasn't well balanced or fun in the end, at all.


Its just not true, simply not true!!. I was playing day after day to the last second of Warhammer Online, and was see no UNBALANCE or UNFUN !. On Online players have so many options to be usefull for his faction- Blackbyrd (WH) build all zones for Order alone, was place for gank, was place for warband. And y know what ? Maybe was needed to have a whole wb to gain a Doomflayer or Warpforged, but today mostppl doing this same for Ruin.
So with all respect for You, if y dont play to the end of Warhammer Online, simply say it!

Post Scriptum - on last days of Online was so many ppl, that serwer cant work properly. Form bottom of m,y heart i wish so many peoples playing in RoR

User avatar
Azarael
Inactive
Posts: 5039

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#44 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:38 am

Kaberu wrote:ok I am confused now. Been playing for several hours this evening in DW. Many times this evening we found timers to be very hard to predict. In one case a full wb I was a part of took a BO and had a 5+ minute contested timer with a 1:35 lock. Next BO had a single zelot defending as we rolled up on it. We had to kill him and the guards. This gave us a 5+ minute contested timer and a 10 minute lock? Not sure I understand how that figures.
As we roamed and tried to figure this out by using different combinations of people instead of the entire wb our timers didn't change. Long contested times with short locks.

We found that destro was running out of orvr to sit in pve. This of course was messing with population numbers and as we would try to take a BO they would poor in from above. As a result we would then go from zero AAO to 20 or 40% and they would lock that BO back down. This resulted in a 8 or more lock timer for that team.

We watched several bo's get taken in the time it takes to lock one. We had a 6 minute contested timer with a 6 man party and got a 2 minute lock. At the same time we watched 3 others flip in under 90 seconds one after the other and each had over 5 minute locks. It feels wrong to me and was not fun. Many people left from frustration as the evening went on.


The parameters used by a BO to determine its lock timer:

- Average adjusted control of the area. This is the average factor of defending population that was within the BO's quadrant of the map over the last 5 minutes. It's "adjusted" because high values of control count for less, as a zerg penalty. Between 0% and 25% of the population, control rises to its peak. Over 26% to 60% of the population, it declines to its minimum. Having 61% or more of your force on an objective acts as if you had no defense at all for the purpose of calculating a lock timer.

- Population highs within the area. The highest population factor for each realm that was detected within the area over the last 5 minutes. These values are compared. If the attacker's high is significantly greater than the defender's high (and it is also greater than 20%), the value is compared to the defender's high or 20%, whichever is higher, and the lock timer adjusted based on this. This is to make sure that zerg-go-round will always lose to an enemy force's decision to split up, but there is no effect if an attacking zerg is used to destroy a defending zerg.

A similar situation exists for contested timers. The high contesting + low lock is designed to root the zerg, while the realm which split up gets to take the rest of the map with high lock timers, meaning VP will tick in their favour. In later stages, this prevents a zerg from stopping the lock by repeatedly zerging one BO at a time.

The mere existence of any kind of zerg or population mass will screw your results, because a moving mass response, as commonly seen under the old system, will cause your realm to register a large population high in multiple sectors of the map.
On break. PMs will not be addressed.

User avatar
Kaberu
Posts: 9

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#45 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Thank you for explaining that. I left out one bullet point from our fight last night. As we rolled up on destro hanging in the pve area more than half of them were not flagged for rvr. Many of the names were of characters that we were recently in combat with. If people are logging off and back on to drop their flagged status will that cause the system to recalculate the numbers in fewer than 5 minutes?

User avatar
Jaycub
Posts: 2861

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#46 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Did Emberlight Mine PQ, worked fine but there might be confusion as to what flag it's referring to for stage 2 (the one inside the cave) since all the banners have the same name and model.

Also stage 1 is pretty arduous due to lack of spawns, took us about ~15-20 minutes to finish stage one. Otherwise it's a really cool PQ.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

User avatar
Razielhell
Posts: 1123
Contact:

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#47 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:36 pm

Jaycub wrote:Did Emberlight Mine PQ, worked fine but there might be confusion as to what flag it's referring to for stage 2 (the one inside the cave) since all the banners have the same name and model.

Also stage 1 is pretty arduous due to lack of spawns, took us about ~15-20 minutes to finish stage one. Otherwise it's a really cool PQ.

Already there ;)

User avatar
saupreusse
Database Developer
Posts: 1274

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#48 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:56 pm

Dajciekrwi wrote:
GodlessCrom wrote:
Grobbok wrote:


Its just not true, simply not true!!. I was playing day after day to the last second of Warhammer Online, and was see no UNBALANCE or UNFUN !. On Online players have so many options to be usefull for his faction- Blackbyrd (WH) build all zones for Order alone, was place for gank, was place for warband. And y know what ? Maybe was needed to have a whole wb to gain a Doomflayer or Warpforged, but today mostppl doing this same for Ruin.
So with all respect for You, if y dont play to the end of Warhammer Online, simply say it!

Post Scriptum - on last days of Online was so many ppl, that serwer cant work properly. Form bottom of m,y heart i wish so many peoples playing in RoR


Oh wow - I and most of my guildies here played to the end. First they released lotd, with horrible items which made a good amount of my mates leave. (They never fixed the bugged items so there was no chance these players would come back). From a few dozen servers they had to go down to under 10 because the game couldnt even keep its core playerbase. Renown rank 100 was powercreep all the way and killed a lot more guilds than lotd did until they decided to reduce their servers even further to 4 (or something like that). The game was only playable at rr 90 and up. Every second player used exploits to bug their equipment. Hackers werent banned anymore even when reported. The servers were empty compared to 2009/10. Altdorf/ic was 4 times a day. No one fought, everyone just dodged keeps to get free city. Meanwhile i abused dozens of bugs to get easy lotd weapons with 20% more crit to snipe those t3 scrubs on my rr 60 sw with sweet 9 k crits. The dmg has been done and even the last day couldnt bring back any of my guildies. It sure was awesome thanks for reminding me.

User avatar
Luth
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 2759

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#49 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:01 pm

Don't forget the months when we had tanks with bugged lodt soul weapons: Not only did they bug the timer, but also the 15 (?) second internal cooldown of the worldboss souls.

Hargrim
Database Developer
Posts: 49

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#50 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Razielhell wrote:
Jaycub wrote:Did Emberlight Mine PQ, worked fine but there might be confusion as to what flag it's referring to for stage 2 (the one inside the cave) since all the banners have the same name and model.

Also stage 1 is pretty arduous due to lack of spawns, took us about ~15-20 minutes to finish stage one. Otherwise it's a really cool PQ.

Already there ;)


I will take a look at it and correct the description of Stage II.

About the 'not needed mobs' - they will be used when we will get more tools and scripting, so they will stey for a while there.

Return to “Server Changelogs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests