Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Patchnotes 30/12/16

Post#1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:46 pm

[Open RvR]

Azarael

Victory Points

- Victory Points will now only decay if a realm's VP pool exceeds its current maximum by 15%.
  • Example: Order controls 2 BOs and their own keep, having a maximum VP of 50%. If they hold more than 65% of the VPs, their VP count will decay to 65% over time.
Battlefield Objectives

- Modified the code used to determine population highs for punishing zerg attacks. The area for detection of population highs is now smaller, to avoid picking up travelling forces.

- The lock timer reduction factor is now taken when the objective becomes contested rather than when it is locked.

- A reclaimed contested objective will lock for a maximum of 5 minutes, with the time reduced if the objective was recaptured by a zerg, instead of using some broken handling that produced wild results.

- The lock timer reduction factor based on percentage of force used to defend a BO over the last 5 minutes has been changed:
  • 0%: No reduction.
  • 1%-14%: Scales to -75% lock time.
  • 15-30%: -75% lock time.
  • 31-55%: Scales to no reduction.
  • 56%-100%: No reduction.
The base lock time is 12 minutes.

In other words, to get the maximum reduction in lock timer if the objective is taken, you are required to have stationed between 15% and 30% of your force in the BO's sector of the map for 5 minutes before it became contested.

Keeps

- The number of players a keep can support changes based on whether its upkeep is being met, as well as its rank. The rank values are:
  • 0: 25% of enemy force size
  • 1: 40%
  • 2: 55%
  • 3: 70%
  • 4: 95%
  • 5: 100%
If a keep's upkeep is being met, these values double. This is to give a reason to continue supplying a keep that is under attack.

Ads
mogt

Re: Patchnotes 30/12/16

Post#2 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:34 pm

can anyone, translated that in german?

Osred

Post#3 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:39 pm

One thing that always impresses me is Az' creativity with these ideas. Gotto give you props there man.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:19 pm

I'm LOVING the new rvr changes! Imo, a sophisticated solution to a complex and annoying problem, thanks to all the devs for working this out. No more zergs holing up in their keep like big spoil-sport babies :D

Glorian

Post#5 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong:

So with 4BOs you can't reach zone lock right?

You need at least 3 BOs and the Keep.

And if you have 2 BOs and Keep you can at maximum gain 85% right?

If you have for example 95% VPs it will decline until it is 85% in the above example right?

Timestamp of Contested:
Is that when someone activates the flag on the BO for capture , or also the fight against mobs before?

Vdova

Post#6 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:39 pm

Last fight in Praag order holded 2 keeps and 4 BOs and zone still didnt locked. Taken keep was fully opened so destro was able to rush in and kill slackers. Zone was locked after destro took armory and order retaken it back. I dont really understand rvr system now.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#7 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:43 pm

Vdova wrote:Last fight in Praag order holded 2 keeps and 4 BOs and zone still didnt locked. Taken keep was fully opened so destro was able to rush in and kill slackers. Zone was locked after destro took armory and order retaken it back. I dont really understand rvr system now.
How quickly did Order take the keeps and BOs? Because even if they take them quickly the VPs still need time to accumulate, zones don't just automatically lock just because a faction holds everything.

Vdova

Post#8 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:17 pm

So basiclay we dont fight for zone domination, which is easy to understand for everyone. The whole rvr campaign changed in to scenario like victory poins and locking all BOs and both keeps doesnt mean automatic lockout right?
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#9 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:26 pm

Vdova wrote:So basiclay we dont fight for zone domination, which is easy to understand for everyone. The whole rvr campaign changed in to scenario like victory poins and locking all BOs and both keeps doesnt mean automatic lockout right?
More or less

Dabbart

Post#10 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:31 pm

The zone doesn't automatically Flip once you own everything. You have to let the VPs fill up, that means Holding the BOs. Press M and look in the top right of the Map, you'll see a VP bar, it updates every 2min I believe. Once that hits 100%, the zone locks.

Also, Lol at just how many people have no idea how VPs work... Guess the number of old Live players isn't what I thought it was...

Interesting system. I like that BOs matter again, and zone doesn't auto-flip after Lord Zerg. but some of the timers are just ridiculous. 45 seconds is crazy. And is there a minimum on the % of force calculator? For instance, if we only have 12 people defending a zone(NA time happens often) are we only able to sustain 6 people at a rank 2 keep(not that 12 players could even get a rank 2 keep)? I know the previous DR system had a minimum of 36 I believe.

Thanks for all the work!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.