Ads

Patch Notes 7/1/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 7/1/17

Post#31 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:02 am

These patch notes will be locked for the next 8 hours since no one has taken Natherul seriously.
Keg whine threads will be locked as well, you will have your chance for discussion in the balance forums when feedback is asked for.

Don't make my GM's work any harder than they need to.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Azarael

Post#32 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Before this topic reopens, I would like to get a word in as well.

The power curve for Engineer and Magus was weighted too far towards the PUG end. I have been internally resisting calls to do anything about Kegs for a very long time because of that, but it is simply more advantageous to sacrifice the power of the keg, which is a healing element and thus not within your RDPS archetype, as well as some of the range, for the sake of opening up some space for buffs which matter. This will be done when client control is achieved.

As for the complaints that it was "fine before": It was fine before because your class was a joke. That's why no one complained about Cannon Smash before, either. Get some perspective.

So, before you knee jerk, understand exactly what this is: sacrificing elements which PUGs complain about so that it will be much easier to give Engineer and Magus the buffs they need to be competitive in every aspect of the game without meeting tons of rage and salt because "omg they got buffed again when they are already op". That's something that the balance team will be handling.

Oh, and I maintain that Unshakeable Focus is one of the worst morales in the game, not because it's OP in and of itself, but because its very nature as a flat damage buff causes balance problems with high damage RDPS elements like Snipe and Festering Arrow, thus leading to limiters and nerfs. UF should be redesigned or replaced.

The keg radius has been increased to 65ft, anyway.

Kali14
Banned

Post#33 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Spoiler:
It's not war in Iraq. I don't know why you focus so much on RDPS when in each other Warhammer game they are only support unit for melee dps and tanks. This game start comparing Warhammer 40k.
Warning issued

Not relevant to patch notes - Torque

TenTonHammer

Post#34 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Kali14 wrote:It's not war in Iraq. I don't know why you focus so much on RDPS when in each other Warhammer game they are only support unit for melee dps and tanks. This game start comparing Warhammer 40k.
becuase in this game every class is of value and should be viable and incse you didnt notice, rdps classes are actually extreamly strong atm

7rere7

Post#35 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Spoiler:
Bitterstone guild has become bitter !

Engineers think its fair to get over 50% in dodge and disrupt with flame turret.
IF they get a guard they are almost immune to all types of incoming damage.
Minimum range abilities doesn't matter ,engie's know getting on the BO ,camp on it and its secured for a good period of time.

The flame turret, dodge and disrupt should have been nerfed aswell.
Warning issued

No more whines or nerfherding in the patch note thread - Torque

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#36 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:16 pm

7rere7 wrote:
Spoiler:
Bitterstone guild has become bitter !

Engineers think its fair to get over 50% in dodge and disrupt with flame turret.
IF they get a guard they are almost immune to all types of incoming damage.
Minimum range abilities doesn't matter ,engie's know getting on the BO ,camp on it and its secured for a good period of time.

The flame turret, dodge and disrupt should have been nerfed aswell.
Warning issued

No more whines or nerfherding in the patch note thread - Torque
The one who is bitter is you !

Dev already nerf range and keg , this is enough , let's try those change and we'll make feedback in some weeks .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

ToXoS

Post#37 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Saintpastissier wrote:Hello I can not understand why the barrel must be for the group? Because I often see in RVR an engineer save my life with his barrel because I play solo or save the group without heal next to him when there is no healer in scenario.
Nerf some things why not but if you nerf also the engineer for those heals outside the group. Does this mean that you will also nerve the "Benediction of Sigmar" of the Warrior Priest? . After I understand that you wanted to stop seeing solo people but this nerve seems to me useless.

Saving your life is a job for a healer, not a RDPS.
Even if now it only heals groupmembers, I don't understand why this ability (keg) still exist, or why it was added in the first place.

Concerning the recent changes, I must admit I'm a little disappointed by this nerf range for both magus and engie.
Now, for a decent ST burst as a magus, I have to be at 98 ft from my target.
Meaning: I'm at range for any SW or BW to kill me in one rotation. And of course both classes can throw a RKD, which means death for a ST magus.
This change made once again the magus the underdog when it comes to ranged ST...
The wait for the buff and the lack of mobility of the class isn't worth 98 ft range.

warislove

Post#38 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:11 pm

Thank you for reducing the cost of rvr/sc gear in t3 it means a lot, and i really enjoy the merge you guys made. To me the lower tier is again very fun to play

Ads
7rere7

Post#39 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:04 am

Spoiler:
I would rather the keg heal group memebers then random allies ,and the heal range went up 35 feet.
Thats not a keg nerf ......its a buff!
Unwise to return to the same thread with the same sentiment you were previously warned for.

- wargrimnir

Kragg

Post#40 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:14 am

megadeath wrote:
I'm perfectly fine with it. Bitterstones never refuse a fight.
Thanks! The sentiment is most appriciated. :mrgreen:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance