Ads

Patch Notes 14/1/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DefinitelyNotWingz

Re: Patch Notes 14/1/17

Post#101 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:26 pm

Cimba wrote:
I have to admit I have not. There don't seem to be that many proc groups around :( At least I haven't noticed one other than us I mean.

Not getting close. I consider that more of a l2p issue on the side of marauder. They kind of forget their rkd after disrupt. The only way I then can prevent them from getting close is staying literally at 100ft and not using FBB. Which in turn hurts my damage output by a lot because I can't run full dot tactics when I have to slot both proc tactics.
Haojun is actually the only marauder I can think of who uses the rkd effectively.

I don't believe marauder is mandatory to counter procs grps. It's more that you need him to counter rdps grps. If you e.g. play against BW, off SM, mdps, kotbs than an additional shatter from e.g. mdok should be sufficient to keep the procs at a reasoably low uptime (40-50%).
Let me put it like this:
- Order has kobs -> perma snare on the marauder
- mara has 10s immunity to snare to get past the 80f+ distance (60s cd)
- rdps have counterplay to this (M2, self punt etc.)
- once the mara is in range (given that destro healers can outheal the dmg of at least 2 proc rdps and 1 not proc sm/mdps) then he only has a few gcds to spend on the target until he is cced or not in range anymore
- in order to get "unstable convulsions" he will lose either hd, 20% crit, or 50% armorpen on several skills like his finisher
- what you suggest is to spend his 1-2 gcds on a channel that 1. doesnt deal any damage 2. can be interupted 3. can be parried 4. has a proc chance on the wanted effect and has to proc 3 times (6 tries, 50% chance)
-> not gonna work

Normally you go like this:1) kill dps 2) go for healer or dps 3) interrupt res
step 1 would mean you go for a mdps while you have full pressure the first 25s (6 shatters, coz 1 rebuff)(without mara) or the first 8s (best case with gimped mara) full pressure of a proc setup, for several seconds, might already wipe you or force you backwards

But why are we even discussing that, 6on6 is long dead and burried. Just have fun, I like having procs on my main (definitelynotaSM) :mrgreen:
You know who I am.

Ads
SpacestarKid

Post#102 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Lol. And Mythics lol with me. Frozen Touch and its tactic are useless now. WAR isn't dead - it keeps mutating.
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Destromagus

Post#103 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:13 pm

People are complaining on bw/sorcs ench procs? Really? And it is after that 6x6 event,where 90% teams was mdps groups? Just only one man,sad about marauder's group synergy. No one word about wl's+sm's+slayer/wh's synergy. Not bad.

dur3al

Post#104 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Cimba wrote:Not getting close. I consider that more of a l2p issue on the side of marauder. They kind of forget their rkd after disrupt. The only way I then can prevent them from getting close is staying literally at 100ft and not using FBB. Which in turn hurts my damage output by a lot because I can't run full dot tactics when I have to slot both proc tactics.
Haojun is actually the only marauder I can think of who uses the rkd effectively.
Getting close is not the issue, at some point or another you will manage to be in melee range. The problem is that a marauder in such spec will do no damage while wasting his gcds trying to shatter your buffs (which as mentioned previously, can simply fail) and the time window you have of being in melee range to kill will be gone without you properly pressuring to make the opposition team use pots/morals/etc. All the while you'll still be focused by 2 other dps with procs, and as we all know if you don't pressure, you get pressured, especially while running away/battling it out with rDps.
Azarael wrote:If you don't work around introducing some kind of counterplay rather than nerfing (unless forced - see aura procs), you risk reducing the strategy pool by ruining the uniqueness of procs.
I understand that, the issue I see regarding regarding procs, is that you'll end up creating an arguably difficult counter-play to pull off (as honestly enlighten by mr. Wingz). And most importantly, a counter that can only be achieved by a coordinated group that understands the importance of doing so.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing procs such as these as supplementary damage, as you said, as a % of the damage per say. At least not until new gear is added and higher stats are achieved. After all, stacking AA is not really that unique imo, most people go for it regardless. Perhaps would be interesting to lower the overall damage and see that proc damage scales with the individual's strength/intelligence/bs or something.

Another thing i'd like to say is that I sort-of tested pugging on my BW without the proc tactics, and so far I can only say you're better off with them then without, and that is considering my own dps - nevermind how much more damage I'm giving to my group (although I've to say I'm still not rr50 for the spec I really want - nor have the scenario staff). So saying that when your buffs are shattered (and as explained again by mr. Wingz, you'll be spending plenty gcds for it only to shatter one target) that the BW becomes "useless" because he spent 2 tactics for it is kinda null argument to me. Or it could just be that I'm a bad BW too and don't know how to deal damage :mrgreen:

The sad part and biggest problem though, is that we cannot effectively measure how effective procs still are and how effective the new counter is, since we have no "6v6 premade scene" per say to effectively battle it out. Dark days, tough times.
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

forsa

Post#105 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:16 am

I've read somwhere on this forum here that traget gets 10 sec immunity to Shatter Confidence, once it got enchant removed. Can someone clarify this?
Atropik wrote: - Repel Blasphemy,
- Vigilance,
- Runnies/zeals SelfRess and Wounds Buff.
And 2 of them (RB and Vigilance) are covered with IF or Runefang/Shield Rush/Shield of the Sun buffs 90% of the time, aside with their owners have from 50%+ to 100% parry/block being buffed, that offensive cleanse mechanism is ridiculous.
Why does anyone take things like this seriously? Considering that WE has invisibility to attack from behind, on top of abilities like Sewer Limb and Heart Seeker to seal the deal?
Where can you get "from 50%+ to 100% parry/block being buffed" apart from WH's RB and morales? And what does IF stand for?

Cimba

Post#106 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:24 am

DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:But why are we even discussing that, 6on6 is long dead and burried. Just have fun, I like having procs on my main (definitelynotaSM) :mrgreen:
Yeah we're kind of derailing this thread. :shock:
dur3al wrote:Getting close is not the issue, at some point or another you will manage to be in melee range. The problem is that a marauder in such spec will do no damage while wasting his gcds trying to shatter your buffs (which as mentioned previously, can simply fail) and the time window you have of being in melee range to kill will be gone without you properly pressuring to make the opposition team use pots/morals/etc. All the while you'll still be focused by 2 other dps with procs, and as we all know if you don't pressure, you get pressured, especially while running away/battling it out with rDps.
Yesterday we had some enlightening 6on6 against LOB. We got our heads bashed in pretty badly. What was especially funny in regards to this topic is that they shattered virtually no procs :lol:.
So you don't need to shatter the BW and probably not even the SW.

Azarael

Post#107 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:44 pm

I've read somwhere on this forum here that traget gets 10 sec immunity to Shatter Confidence, once it got enchant removed. Can someone clarify this?
Rubbish.

blakokami

Post#108 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Just to confirm, do covenant of celerity and covenant of vitality share the same 1 second cooldown or do they each have their own seperate cooldown?
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Ads
Azarael

Post#109 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:10 pm

separate