Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 14/1/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Luth

Re: Patch Notes 14/1/17

Post#71 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:56 pm

Atropik wrote: And 2 of them (RB and Vigilance) are covered with IF or Runefang/Shield Rush/Shield of the Sun buffs 90% of the time, aside with their owners have from 50%+ to 100% parry/block being buffed, that offensive cleanse mechanism is ridiculous.
Perseverance and Runefang are "buffs" and no blessings according to their tooltips and can neither be removed nor cover anything (at least client side, server could handle them differently).
Atropik wrote: Every time i see Vigilance im trying to cleanse it, and i can count on a one hand fingers how many times i got successed. To cleanse every mdps in enemy group through one additional buff being an off.tank in 45 secs, well you can have a try, and i wish you to have a luck, but im not sure 45sec cd may solve the problem.
The BW proc buffs are long time enchantments and it is high likely that they have been cast way before any short time enchantments. I guess in the worst case you will remove an AM resistance buff on the first hit and the BW buffs on the second.

Ads
Atropik

Post#72 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:05 pm

Luth wrote: Perseverance
Perseverance? Who said Perseverance?
Runefang
My bad. 1:1. ;)
Luth wrote:The BW proc buffs are long time enchantments and it is high likely that they have been cast way before any short time enchantments. I guess in the worst case you will remove an AM resistance buff on the first hit and the BW buffs on the second.
Spend 10-15 secs to cleanse one guy trough parry/block, sounds great. 8-)
Nicelook | Obey

blaqwar

Post#73 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Luth the way WAR works is buffs/debuffs removal order is "first on - last off" or "last on - first off" so to remove the AM resistance buff and the BW buffs you'd need to get through the plethora of other recently cast buffs. It might not be always easy, especially if the enemy is aware of you trying to get rid of a certain buff.

Or am I misinterperting what you're saying?

Azarael

Post#74 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:39 pm

The above is wrong. Cleanse, shatter and sever are FIFO.

Niky

Post#75 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:22 am

Cimba wrote:2. Chosen can't do everything? What's your point? BO, BG and DoK can cleanse enchantments....
3. RDPS don't profit from procs in the same manner as mdps. No auto attack tactics or no auto attack at all. They can profit with fast hitting channels like rapid fire. For which they a) need to stand still b) can be interrupted.
Luth wrote:And the Marauder can remove on average 3 enchantments in 3 seconds (50% chance, six hits) with this tactic, ironically he procs additional damage on the target every time an enchantment is removed (must be a "destroy confidence" mirror).
Unfortunately, to try this, the common premade marauder would have to spec slightly different than he did for the last years...
I think you live in a parallel universe xD
Destro: Mara Nyky / DOK Crystof
Order: SL Niky / BW Nykky / SW Nyky / WL Nikky / SM Ulee
Live: WP Eprst

blaqwar

Post#76 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:35 am

Azarael wrote:The above is wrong. Cleanse, shatter and sever are FIFO.
Must have been doing it wrong all of these years, covering up PTF by applying Fervor after, covering Sigmar's Grace with Pious Restoration. It seemed to work O_o

Thank you for the correction then, I'll make sure to adjust my mindset.

Luth

Post#77 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:58 am

Atropik wrote:
Luth wrote: Perseverance
Perseverance? Who said Perseverance?
True, it wasn't mentioned.
Niky wrote:
Luth wrote:And the Marauder can remove on average 3 enchantments in 3 seconds (50% chance, six hits) with this tactic, ironically he procs additional damage on the target every time an enchantment is removed (must be a "destroy confidence" mirror).
Unfortunately, to try this, the common premade marauder would have to spec slightly different than he did for the last years...
I think you live in a parallel universe xD
No, i live in a dynamic universe that is expanding, the real universe.

spikespiegel84

Post#78 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:41 am

Can confirm FIFO.

Ads
Cimba

Post#79 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:16 am

This thread amazes me. I fully agree that there was an issue with procs. That there was no real point in shattering before this patch. Now there is a decent change, that doesn't make procs (and their associated tactics) entirely useless but gives the enemy a realistic chance at removing them for extended periods of time. As Luth pointed out marauder could even do this on his own. If procs are indeed such a big issue maybe you should start using the tools you have to remove them instead of crying for more nerfs 1 day after the patch.
Atropik wrote:But im not whining about Vigilance or Repel, the main thing - im leveling my WE in t4 for almost a year now. Every time i see Vigilance im trying to cleanse it, and i can count on a one hand fingers how many times i got successed. To cleanse every mdps in enemy group through one additional buff being an off.tank in 45 secs, well you can have a try, and i wish you to have a luck, but im not sure 45sec cd may solve the problem.
Well how many mdps do you suppose are there going to be? One, maybe two if you consider off SM. Seems like a doable task when you consider a 100% success rate if you hit him from the back. Even if you don't with the help of stuff like marauder's pulverize or chosen's critical suppression tactic your success rate should not be that bad.

Arena

Post#80 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:25 am

please make WP's 45sec also!