Ads

Changelog 17/1/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Changelog 17/1/17

Post#51 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Well to be fair, he said you shouldn't DEPEND on the teams intervention, the implication being that that six man's need to promote interest in organized comp play among themselves rather than putting all the impetus on the devs. Which makes sense, since the comp play only happens if comp players actually make it happen.

And anyways, solo players and premades both got the same level of support anyways in the form of 1 SC locked to their respective queues, so I dont see that the point you're trying to make actually makes any sense at all.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
charlysixb

Post#52 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 pm

Spoiler:

What made you think it was a good idea to post this in a changelog thread, i have no idea... user has received a warning for this - Penril.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Luth

Post#53 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:26 pm

dur3al wrote:
DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:
Spoiler:
Azarael wrote:
For the project to survive, it must cater to solo players to an acceptable degree, that is true. So far, this has taken the form of splitting the queue on one scenario, because everyone (both PUG and premade) is entitled to have fun when they play and be matched against opposition of similar skill and composition to themselves. We also locked CW and EC to 6v6 with 6 man groups and made CW permanently available at the request of the 6v6 players.

If the 6v6 scene should ever fall, it sure as hell would not be because our actions killed it. Rather, like all competitive communities that fail, it would be because it wasn't strong enough to survive by itself. You should not depend upon our intervention and support to exist.
I know I missed the timing on this post but, isn't that quote a contradiction by itself? If "6v6 scene" shouldn't depend upon intervention, why do the "solo scene" required intervention in the form of the solo-queue scenario? I don't get it. Shouldn't you either intervene in both or none? :shock:

Anyways, off-topic but yeah.
As pointed out, he wrote that 6vs6 got 1-2 scenarios and PuGs have one. I don't see any special catering for PuGs besides the solo queue scenario.
What kind of intervention would you like to see, any special 6vs6 event? I don't know the context, but i'm pretty sure that his post was about that organized and coordinated players are able to organize and coordinate something for themselves. Or is this again about increased rewards for 6vs6 fights? Or shall the newbies be thrown into the meatgrinder again?

altharion1
Banned

Post#54 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:34 pm

6 v 12 scenarios? for premades vs pugs
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

dontcomplainx

Post#55 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 pm

altharion1 wrote:6 v 12 scenarios? for premades vs pugs
you really serious? whats the pont in farming 12 pugs?

blaqwar

Post#56 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:00 pm

It's more challenging than farming 6 pugs :D

Considering I see some guild premades struggling or even losing against pugs (*coughwehadalvl39shamancough*) it sounds interesting. But probably never going to happen.

dontcomplainx

Post#57 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 pm

blaqwar wrote:It's more challenging than farming 6 pugs :D

Considering I see some guild premades struggling or even losing against pugs (*coughwehadalvl39shamancough*) it sounds interesting. But probably never going to happen.
Dont think pugs will ever q for a sc like that, Solo q sc's are poping like crazy lol

Tifereth

Post#58 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:09 pm

Yeah, that 6v12 gets brought up frequently. Worst. Idea. Ever. You'd need to give out free
rewards just to make randoms even consider thinking about queueing into a "fun" ordeal like that.
It might be a nice change of pace for some premades, but who'd freely play punching bag?
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

Ads
Jaycub

Post#59 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:15 pm

Fold SC's back into the realm war, but this time don't make it so you can **** block a zone lock.

Right now SC's are just a mini game, seen by most as a way to get weapons/sc armor set. Making it even a tiny amount more important to the game overall could promote more people setting up groups for them.

As for 6v6 scene I agree with Az, it's not something really intended by the games design we have to prop up that community ourselves. And remember that 6v6 isn't the only competitive arena in the game, even if it is the most structured.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Tifereth

Post#60 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Jaycub wrote:Fold SC's back into the realm war, but this time don't make it so you can **** block a zone lock.
One of the few good things Mythic's skeleton crew did was detach SCs from the ORvR campaign. It does not belong in the
ongoing fight in the lake, imo. I agree that during the old system, blocking campaign progress by simply refusing to queue was pretty stupid, but what would be the alternative? Auto win for the other side? What if there is no 6 man to take up arms for the night?
Leave victory over the zone to pugs? It'll just create more frustrations than anything.
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X