Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 17/1/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Panzerkasper

Re: Changelog 17/1/17

Post#71 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:08 am

CustomTitan wrote:When is the clear distinction that the WE is OP compared to the WH going to be addressed? Every change I've seen to the WE since live has made it even more imbalanced compared to it's mirror class. I don't even care about the WH, because I don't bother playing a class known to be so under equipped. But, seeing how many WE's seem to dominate over what I see the WH do, I think it needs to be fixed.
Can you tell me the name(s) of the WE that touched you in funny places?

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#72 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:18 am

CustomTitan wrote:When is the clear distinction that the WE is OP compared to the WH going to be addressed? Every change I've seen to the WE since live has made it even more imbalanced compared to it's mirror class. I don't even care about the WH, because I don't bother playing a class known to be so under equipped. But, seeing how many WE's seem to dominate over what I see the WH do, I think it needs to be fixed.
If you feel there are things that need to improve in the WE kit, make a detailed proposal. That's precisely what the balance forum is for. Be sure to read the rules first, it's a well moderated forum section.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Luth

Post#73 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:49 pm

dur3al wrote:
Spoiler:
Luth wrote:What kind of intervention would you like to see, any special 6vs6 event? I don't know the context, but i'm pretty sure that his post was about that organized and coordinated players are able to organize and coordinate something for themselves. Or is this again about increased rewards for 6vs6 fights? Or shall the newbies be thrown into the meatgrinder again?
Not regarding events, but more the later as you said, i'll try explain.

The newly RoR-side introduction of the solo/duo queue scenario rotation is a much better ratio in terms of farming emblems, renown and getting faster pops, as demonstrated in this thread.

So, probably inadvertently, it "helped" and/or created a clutch for the solo queue/casual players, to the point in which the general population turns ever more casual not fully enjoying the full experience from this game simply because it is easier to achieve the rewards through the solo/duo queue. This is the contradiction which I was referring.

And lets not pretend that the fact of a permanent "6v6 scenario in CW/EC" is helping much more the casual population by trying to remove premades out of their scenarios... While the premade groups gain absolutely nothing from doing CW (in terms of emblems, renown, pops) aside from the fact of having a good fight. But keep in mind that with the super slow renown gain state we have, premades will remain queueing for the regular scenario rotation in order to "gear up".

Which brings me to the conclusion that without highly increasing the rewards for the "6v6 scene", they'll remain stomping pugs in the regular rotation, added to the fact that you're much better off in the duo queueing (mdok + guard for example) reaping rewards much faster/easier. Again, this is just my logical conclusion, i'm not really advocating better rewards for the "6v6 scene" just for the sake of bitching... I'm saying this just because its the logical conclusion taking into account risk/reward.

Again I apologize for being off-topic, just wanted to share my insight ;)
Even if increased rewards would be seriously considered: There is no guarantee that it wouldn't be exploited.

dur3al

Post#74 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Luth wrote:Even if increased rewards would be seriously considered: There is no guarantee that it wouldn't be exploited.
Agreed. Just like there is no guarantee the soloq system is not being exploited right about now with premade splitting up, or not even that, as demonstrated before in the example of a mdok/guard-bot. It falls into the category of the lesser of evil... me personally i'd rather motivate people to group more often rather then go solo more often, even if they're grouping just to get stomped by proper premades and get their reward (which should be higher then by solo queueing), they'll still be grouping up, using group synergy and learning from it, if nothing else they're at least making new contacts ;)
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

sabat80

Post#75 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Question to Devs....

What if I have 2 sorc in the party and both equip Frozen Fury? 1st sorc casts Frozen Touch so its FF will work... 2nd casts FT so does it mean that 1st sorc FT is overridden and FF wont work?

Or as long as I have FF equipped it doesn't matter who casts FT?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#76 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:07 pm

sabat80 wrote:Question to Devs....

What if I have 2 sorc in the party and both equip Frozen Fury? 1st sorc casts Frozen Touch so its FF will work... 2nd casts FT so does it mean that 1st sorc FT is overridden and FF wont work?

Or as long as I have FF equipped it doesn't matter who casts FT?
It doesn't matter who casts Frozen Touch, the highest value one will apply.

sabat80

Post#77 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Cool thanks. I assume that the same then applies for FF? regardles if it is mine cast FT or 2nd sorc FF increases its proc chance?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#78 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:58 pm

sabat80 wrote:Cool thanks. I assume that the same then applies for FF? regardles if it is mine cast FT or 2nd sorc FF increases its proc chance?
Right, it shouldn't matter where it comes from. Just that the buff is applied and the tactic is applied when the effect happens.

Ads
wheezill

Post#79 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:07 am

mouse over popup window in game for Frozen Fury tactic says 75%. Is it 50% or 75%?
===============================
Choppa - Gurglenutz RR8x
Shaman - Stainz RR8x
BO - Tufskul RR8x
Squiggy - Blamf RR8x
WE - Selrith RR7x
Sorc - Voxium RR7x
Magus - Aerobie RR4x
DoK - Sarlacc RR4x
Marauder - Xanax RR4x

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#80 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:18 am

wheezill wrote:mouse over popup window in game for Frozen Fury tactic says 75%. Is it 50% or 75%?
Its 50%, we cant change tooltips currently...