Recent Topics

Ads

Patchnotes 03/02/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Luth

Re: Patchnotes 03/02/17

Post#91 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:49 am

roadkillrobin wrote: It's also supose to dispell if the caster is using an abillty. This dude in the video is using both detaunt and Drain Magic without it dispelling. So maybe not the the best source of showcase how the abillity operates.

I'm probobly wrong on the retriggering tho. But would make sence to have it on an abillity that function like this.
QE I was bugged for a long time, which was well known to most and abused by many: it didn't work as described in the tooltip, i.e. it allowed the caster to use abilities without breaking the buff. This was the only QE bug and it was fixed to break on ability use in patch 1.4.6.
What we have now is 1.4.8 QE in all it's glory.

The source is the best presented so far in this thread and i'm not going to waste another 20 minutes on google; if people claim that something doesn't work according to the tooltips, they'll have to present evidence by themselves.

Ads
Tesq

Post#92 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:02 am

Luth wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote: It's also supose to dispell if the caster is using an abillty. This dude in the video is using both detaunt and Drain Magic without it dispelling. So maybe not the the best source of showcase how the abillity operates.

I'm probobly wrong on the retriggering tho. But would make sence to have it on an abillity that function like this.
QE I was bugged for a long time, which was well known to most and abused by many: it didn't work as described in the tooltip, i.e. it allowed the caster to use abilities without breaking the buff. This was the only QE bug and it was fixed to break on ability use in patch 1.4.6.
What we have now is 1.4.8 QE in all it's glory.

The source is the best presented so far in this thread and i'm not going to waste another 20 minutes on google; if people claim that something doesn't work according to the tooltips, they'll have to present evidence by themselves.
all this came out from me and i didn't claim anything i just put a question which was answered, point.

Luth

Post#93 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:08 am

I didn't mean you; someone else claimed that your post about remembering it differently is the truth, without posting evidence.

blaqwar

Post#94 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:13 am

Aurandilaz wrote:
Honestly though, RunAway is good, but it's not that "OP". But it is certainly excellent compared to other lesser racial tactics that are never used because they simply suck.

My subjective and probably very faulty ranking of racial tactics:
1. RunAway
2. Dwarven armour tactic
3. Orc wounds
4. High Elf Centuries of Training

and the rest are pretty awful. Heck, even Centuries of Training might need small buff to get to same level as the two first ones.
The fact that you are rating CoT higher than Stab You Gooder or Discerning Offense makes me think you're not really qualified to make this assesment.

But this is offtopic so let's leave it at that, make a proposal in the balance forum and we shall see.

tazdingo

Post#95 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:18 am

why does nobody rate warped flesh/emps ward

roadkillrobin

Post#96 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:29 am

I never said it was truth. I said that if something is implemented not working correctly it's not gonna be taken seriusly as an atempt to dissprove something.

"General Changes & Bug Fixes

Quick Escape Rank 1 has been fixed so it functions the same as the rest of the Quick Escape Ranks."

This is the extraction from the patchnotes. It might aswell be the retriggering aswell as the dispelling of rank one QE thats bugged. I have no idea.

To be sure if it's inherently overperforming or people just remember it as overperforming due to rank 1 being broken I don't see anything wrong with trying to tweak the retriggering before dissmissing it, as noone can actually be sure how its supose to work.

Sulorie

Post#97 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:43 am

You guys act like QE counters snares.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#98 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:44 am

roadkillrobin wrote:I never said it was truth. I said that if something is implemented not working correctly it's not gonna be taken seriusly as an atempt to dissprove something.

"General Changes & Bug Fixes

Quick Escape Rank 1 has been fixed so it functions the same as the rest of the Quick Escape Ranks."

This is the extraction from the patchnotes. It might aswell be the retriggering aswell as the dispelling of rank one QE thats bugged. I have no idea.

To be sure if it's inherently overperforming or people just remember it as overperforming due to rank 1 being broken I don't see anything wrong with trying to tweak the retriggering before dissmissing it, as noone can actually be sure how its supose to work.
Rank 1 was bugged on live, which allowed you to use skills, while having the speedbuff. It got fixed later on.
Dying is no option.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#99 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:10 pm

It probobly was.
All i'm saying is if you wanna prove a point is then don't leave those people with a bunch of "what if". Tesq raised it by saying that he tought it shouldn't refresh itself and the skill maybe wouldn't be so overperforming if it didn't.
I probobly formulated my first post a bit clumpsy. But thats what I meant.

I truly disslike the renown abillity system and think it needs a complete rework. So in my opinion QE shouldn't even been activated for testing at all.

The only way I can see the current Renown abillity sysyem work ballanced, is by making different skill cost different RP's depending on the class.

Tesq

Post#100 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:55 pm

No i told that i remember (with the last implementation that it dont think it refreshed itself like this). Not that is not overpowered or it is.