Recent Topics

Ads

Patchnotes 03/02/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Panzerkasper

Re: Patchnotes 03/02/17

Post#121 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:21 am

Do you even read the post here or are you just arguing for the sake of it?

Play your op wounds buff against our 2 WE + 1 Chosen setup, have fun rebuffing it on CD with 2sec casttime. :mrgreen:

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Luth

Post#122 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:13 am

Niky wrote: I can give 100g for anyone who can cleanse wound buff from my BW or SW (not WE xD)
In case you want to imply that BW self buffs cover the wounds buff and make it harder to remove it: those are enchantments.
In case you want to imply that range classes have an advantage, because the wounds buff can't be removed from the so easily by melee classes (not so hard with QE, i guess...): If only range classes profit from it, the value of the buff is way lower than what you want to make it look like.
Furthermore by removing WEs from your bet, you reduce "anyone" to "any Chosen", who has a +30% movement speed tactic on disrupt and can stack disrupt very high with "hold the line" and "tzeentch's reflection" (both abilities are reported to stack).

roadkillrobin

Post#123 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:15 am

Luth wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Slayer have a wounds debuff aswell. Its usually not specced for, meaning that the use for a wounds debuff isn't really that high priority.
Yes, this must be the reason then. Slayer not speccing for wounds debuff = wounds debuff no high priority ability.
If Wounds debuff would be the shiznit high priority skill people in this thread make it up to be, we would see alot more 2hander knights and slayers. The truth is that its much less priority then ID and Dual Weild for Slayers or Dirty tricks and Shields for Kotbs and if order really was starving for wounds debuffs they would make those sacrifice. Wich they are not. It's the same as with Morale gain whine again. The option to get the tools are there, people chose not to use them and call out for nerfs instead. Same thing with Destro whining about stacking crit buffs. Noone using the crit reduction tools and instead goes for self dmg/mitigeation boosting. Cookicutter builds completly destroys people creative thinking and blames it on ballance.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theseus

Post#124 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:22 am

Panzerkasper wrote:
I agree with you on QE, the absurd amount of snare spam in this game makes QE a logical consequence.
I dont really get why you all so gunho about QE. Yeah it can help melees to get RDPS. UNTIL RDPS get it too. Then its like before. The only difference is, that anyone who doesnt have it, is screwed. So you have to have it and it messes up all RR builds which doesnt contain it. That really shouldnt be so hard to understand... and I really didnt see anyone debunking my line of argument here.... it just got ignored so far.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#125 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:41 am

Theseus wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
I agree with you on QE, the absurd amount of snare spam in this game makes QE a logical consequence.
I dont really get why you all so gunho about QE. Yeah it can help melees to get RDPS. UNTIL RDPS get it too. Then its like before. The only difference is, that anyone who doesnt have it, is screwed. So you have to have it and it messes up all RR builds which doesnt contain it. That really shouldnt be so hard to understand... and I really didnt see anyone debunking my line of argument here.... it just got ignored so far.
and that exactly wy it makes no sense ;D
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Theseus

Post#126 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:43 am

Daknallbomb wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
Eh? Sorry but I dont get what you want to say...^^
What doesnt make sense, my line of argument or QE?
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#127 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:47 am

Theseus wrote:
Daknallbomb wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Eh? Sorry but I dont get what you want to say...^^
What doesnt make sense, my line of argument or QE?
Both :D For what make a skill avaiable that all need and everything is like before than :D so its a must have 10 points are wasted for everyone ...
But another problem is that tanks have it perma activated per guard dmg and hits that they get . ranged dps not . so tanks can run and run and run .....
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Theseus

Post#128 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:49 am

Daknallbomb wrote:
But another problem is that tanks have it perma activated per guard dmg and hits that they get . ranged dps not . so tanks can run and run and run .....
Which would make it even worse as I see it, as it becomes more mandatory for tanks, and an unfair advantage.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#129 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:49 am

jep exact that what i want ot say ;D

Luth

Post#130 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:52 am

roadkillrobin wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Slayer have a wounds debuff aswell. Its usually not specced for, meaning that the use for a wounds debuff isn't really that high priority.
Luth wrote:Yes, this must be the reason then. Slayer not speccing for wounds debuff = wounds debuff no high priority ability.
If Wounds debuff would be the shiznit high priority skill people in this thread make it up to be, we would see alot more 2hander knights and slayers. The truth is that its much less priority then ID and Dual Weild for Slayers or Dirty tricks and Shields for Kotbs and if order really was starving for wounds debuffs they would make those sacrifice. Wich they are not. It's the same as with Morale gain whine again. The option to get the tools are there, people chose not to use them and call out for nerfs instead. Same thing with Destro whining about stacking crit buffs. Noone using the crit reduction tools and instead goes for self dmg/mitigeation boosting. Cookicutter builds completly destroys people creative thinking and blames it on ballance.
1k+ "unmitigated damage" from a wounds debuff is actually very powerful, furthermore it reduces the "HP wall" that has to be overcome to kill someone. The value of a wounds debuff is higher, the more mitigation the target has (because it gets harder to remove HP from a target by doing damage).
You argue that kotbs and slayer would sacrifice to run around with 2h more often (slayer have to drop rage for the debuff too), if the debuff would be really valuable and yet you don't mention that none of the wounds debuffs on several destruction characters requires any serious sacrifice at all. Indeed the abundance of them and the easy availability is imo one of the main reasons why people think the BG is underpowered.
To argue that wounds debuffs are not high priority/valuable, because not many 2h slayers/kotbs are seen is like arguing that greenskins must be made of gras, because they are green. It doesn't prove anything.
On crit stacking: people had to stack 25% less chance to be crit (~45 renown points) just to counter a possible group with those 2 tactics; the tactics also buff the healers healcrit chance, which made it even worse.
On one side we had possibly insane crit values via 2 tactics on two characters and on the other we had the need to spend 45 renown points on every character to counter that (as mentioned this doesn't even include the massive gain from heals). This was imbalanced.