Ads

Patch Notes 10/2/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
StormX2
Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 10/2/2017

Post#71 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:06 pm

I'm sure you can still do this, but you will have to try harder now. might need to use precious RR points to get your toughness up.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#72 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Specialpatrol wrote:I don't know, if it already has been mentioned - but making all the accessories career specific is downright silly.

For instance, I can no longer stack toughness on my BW/WH/WP/AM/RP etc, if I should feel the need to go more defensive. Because all the Precursor and Enervating accessory items with toughness (especially the +20/20 ones) are now only for tanks and certain dps-classes.

Same goes for the Str versions. I can no longer use them on my WP, if I wanna spec dps. Because they're all assigned to dps- and tank-classes. (interestingly enough, it appears that DoKs can use them, so there's even an added imbalance there). WPs do have access to Int versions, so there's of course always that.

Could you pretty please revert this, so you're not limiting gear setups and locking classes into specific archetypes? The ability to spec and gear differently than class archetype dictates has always been one of the great things about this game.

DISCLAIMER: If all types of accessories are available for all classes, and it's simply just because I haven't seen them yet, then I of course apologize for this post. But as far as I have seen, it's not the case.
Warrior Priest should have access to all the STR gear that other melee classes have. Tanks and medium armor dps classes have access to toughness jewelry (at least from drops). There are other methods of getting toughness on your squishy classes, although whether it's considered an off-spec for BW/Sorc to go 'tanky' is probably something that could be debated.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

SpacestarKid

Post#73 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Sorry for not reading previous posts. But, correct me if I'm wrong, no one gonna replace my WE's Harbinger Vengering of 37 STR, which is suddenly became WH specific useless purple junk? Did I understand it right?
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

blaqwar

Post#74 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:54 pm

SpacestarKid wrote:Sorry for not reading previous posts. But, correct me if I'm wrong, no one gonna replace my WE's Harbinger Vengering of 37 STR, which is suddenly became WH specific useless purple junk? Did I understand it right?
Salvage it, make a talisman, sell the talisman, buy a new jewelry piece. You might be at a net loss but if you go to farm PvE for 15 min you'll probably get your money back and then some with the temporarily increased drop rates. I for one am happy that we got anything in the way of compensation on a free server hosted by people spending their free time on it that is in alpha stage and can be wiped clean at any moment due to the definition of alpha.

Dresden
Banned

Post#75 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:00 pm

StormX2 wrote:I'm sure you can still do this, but you will have to try harder now. might need to use precious RR points to get your toughness up.
OH NOES! :p
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

SpacestarKid

Post#76 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:02 pm

blaqwar wrote:
SpacestarKid wrote:Sorry for not reading previous posts. But, correct me if I'm wrong, no one gonna replace my WE's Harbinger Vengering of 37 STR, which is suddenly became WH specific useless purple junk? Did I understand it right?
=tons of useless text=
What? Dude, I was just asking, not complaining. I think it would be fair that all WH's have their rings lost as well.

blaqwar

Post#77 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:06 pm

SpacestarKid wrote:
blaqwar wrote:
=tons of useless text=
What? Dude, I was just asking, not complaining. I think it would be fair that all WH's have their rings lost as well.
If it makes you feel better, my WL's 32 STR jewelry is now WH only. So I sent it to my lvl 34 WH.

I apologise but asking if no one is going to replace your jewelry felt like whining to me. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive. :D

SpacestarKid

Post#78 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:22 pm

blaqwar wrote:If it makes you feel better, my WL's 32 STR jewelry is now WH only. So I sent it to my lvl 34 WH.
I'd be glad to do the same, but my ring is now Order only, all melee careers. Damn... this one really looks like whining)

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#79 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:25 pm

SpacestarKid wrote:
blaqwar wrote:
=tons of useless text=
Why would you think this only affects one faction?

Every accessory and back piece has a name, related to the specific race it's for. Witch hunters have the same restrictions to their faction gear that Witch elves do. They can use melee gear, but not tank gear. They can't use caster, healer, or ballistic gear.
All unified items will remain split to their appropriate factions.
Tank items are shared between tank classes, and the racial Medium Armor MDPS class.
Melee DPS items are shared between melee classes (including Dok/WP), and the racial Tank class.
Healer items are shared only between healers.
Caster items are shared between healers and casters.
Ballistic items are shared between ballistic users.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

SpacestarKid

Post#80 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:13 am

wargrimnir wrote:Every accessory and back piece has a name, related to the specific race it's for. Witch hunters have the same restrictions to their faction gear that Witch elves do. They can use melee gear, but not tank gear. They can't use caster, healer, or ballistic gear.
You didn't understand me. My ring (melee ring, I was wearing) did not become tank's or healer's ring, it became Order_Only_Melee_Ring. It says "WL,WH, Slayer, IB". So, if WH can use it, why WE can't as a mirror? I mean, why didn't it turned into Destro ring instead of useless shiny thing? :) Ok, it have specific Order name, I got it. And you've just changed its faction restrictions. Easy way.