Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 24/2/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
navis

Re: Patch Notes 24/2/2017

Post#101 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote:It becomes very tiring to continue explaining the reasoning behind our actions, when we already have several times. Some people get it, some people don't, and I'm pretty convinced that some people on these forums are complaining only to get under the skin of the people who develop the game.
Man, if that is what you think that is what you think (the skin part) that is purely paranoid driven, but I honestly haven't heard a explanation or seen it for the reasons being given.
I sincerely think ROR would be better off being more 'alt friendly', my reasons for giving my advice really is because I want to point to the direction I think would be best and most reasonable for RoR, and not to give advantages to those who play daily to achieve top RR percentage (because they are going to cry a shitstorm if they do get nerfed).[/quote]
wargrimnir wrote: I'm getting quite annoyed with that last part.
Didn't mean to offend you there because you are obviously striving for excellence.[/quote]

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#102 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:37 pm

navis wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote: The power difference between Anni and Conq is also laughably minimal.
My concern is that after Conq then Inv, then Warlord, etc.. It appears that Conq is roughly 4% greater than Anni. Anni->Conq->Inv->War = 16% increase which is, fairly large increase.
Aurandilaz wrote: apart from some people having extra mastery points to support best possible specs in late game. (and some careers don't even need those extra points to get what they want)
Every class single objective should be to get RR70 for the crit alone.
best
I did the math when we were laying out the power scaling of the sets not too long ago. On live there was a pretty dramatic scaling curve upwards in power levels. The better stuff you got was a larger percentage increase from set-to-set. Difference from Warlord to Sov was something like 12% on that step alone. Warlord was almost double the stats of Anni. Pretty disgusting, and something we're not going to return to here as long as I have any teeth in the matter.

What you're describing is flat scaling, which is a FAR better option, and one that I advocated as an alternative.

The other option is an inverted scaling curve, that starts at 5% from Anni to Conq, and lowers by 1% at each interval.

Anni -> Conq ~5% total stat increase over Anni
Conq -> Invader ~4% total stat increase over Conq
Invader -> Warlord ~3% etc
Warlord -> Sov ~2% etc

We still have a fair bit of time before we get into the rest of those however. This is probably the last stop on the New Gear train until we get the Instance builder/Client patching, and grind out a couple dungeons to compliment future RvR sets.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

kweedko

Post#103 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:00 pm

wargrimnir wrote: I did the math when we were laying out the power scaling of the sets not too long ago. On live there was a pretty dramatic scaling curve upwards in power levels. The better stuff you got was a larger percentage increase from set-to-set. Difference from Warlord to Sov was something like 12% on that step alone. Warlord was almost double the stats of Anni. Pretty disgusting, and something we're not going to return to here as long as I have any teeth in the matter.
But don't forget that on Off you got warlord or worn sovereignin in couple of grindy evenings, with your friends, just playing the game and having fun(some sc, some big blob rvr fights, couple of city seiges). And here we have to HAD a second JOB called "get a new set". Problem not in gear gap, problem is in TIME to acquire this gear(and renown ranks).

porkstar

Post#104 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:14 pm

So am I the only one concerned that a 1260 ARMOR DEBUFF is extremely OP? Its better than most any other class that has to actually apply/cooldown/use AP? It's insane! Not trying to be a huge complainer or anything but honestly daaaaaamn!
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Aurandilaz

Post#105 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:24 pm

porkstar wrote:So am I the only one concerned that a 1260 ARMOR DEBUFF is extremely OP? Its better than most any other class that has to actually apply/cooldown/use AP? It's insane! Not trying to be a huge complainer or anything but honestly daaaaaamn!
I'm a stronk independent Witch Elf who fears no 1260 armour debuffs because I only have about 1000 armour. Stupid tanks end up wasting good debuff on me, jokes on them! :twisted: 8-)
Spoiler:
pls halp

blaqwar

Post#106 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:24 pm

porkstar wrote:So am I the only one concerned that a 1260 ARMOR DEBUFF is extremely OP? Its better than most any other class that has to actually apply/cooldown/use AP? It's insane! Not trying to be a huge complainer or anything but honestly daaaaaamn!
Talk about balance...

Balance forums were closed because of how imbalanced the whole game becomes when you introduce new sets, especially if they have powerful procs (which this one is) and then new gear introduces the exact factors that were pointed out as being critical to upsetting the core balance.

I understand the project needing new content to retain testers but it feels like these gear sets might be detrimental to the ovearching goal of the project. Or have the devs just given up on that goal (or maybe I'm misunderstanding what the intent was in the first place)?

I apologise if this post is seen as toxic (I didn't judge it to be) but I am somewhat frustrated.

Aurandilaz

Post#107 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
blaqwar wrote:
Talk about balance...

Balance forums were closed because of how imbalanced the whole game becomes when you introduce new sets, especially if they have powerful procs (which this one is) and then new gear introduces the exact factors that were pointed out as being critical to upsetting the core balance.

I understand the project needing new content to retain testers but it feels like these gear sets might be detrimental to the ovearching goal of the project. Or have the devs just given up on that goal (or maybe I'm misunderstanding what the intent was in the first place)?

I apologise if this post is seen as toxic (I didn't judge it to be) but I am somewhat frustrated.
This whole server is a test server, if anything is overbearing it WONT last, just get me some evidence, im not adverse to changing stuff.

The theorycrafting just doesnt cut it though
Well, lets have a theoretical discussion what might happen when certain high burst classes start getting better gear, which allows them to achieve even greater burst against soft targets, who already have low chances of survival.
Example; 3 sec WL burst in action (6k hp gone in 3 secs, well played by the skilled WL who knows his class, somewhat brutal from the target PoV)
Spoiler:
If I cannot get up from the initial KD when the WL has most likely Anni gear; what will happen if the WL gets Conq gear?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#108 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:16 pm

blaqwar wrote:
Talk about balance...

You may have missed the part where balance was closed because the playerbase refused to accept the proposal at hand, which means the OP sets would be released anyway. Yes, Balance has been given up on in that aspect. However, if you think things are bad now, we're only at Conq. People forgot how bad things were.

That being said, we're not immune to feedback and things can be adjusted. But alas, here we are, for now. We're not giving up on the overall project any time soon, but we're not afraid of some pain in the process either if it makes a point.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
porkstar

Post#109 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
You tried it yeah? saw how often it procd and turned tide of battle? If not do so then come back ok because while actual feedback is useful hyperbole is not because real world applications are often not the same as theory and of course everything is subject to change, take a good look at the banner at the top of the forum.
Pretty simple math. But I'm cool with being your lightning rod.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

peterthepan3

Post#110 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:31 pm

how did you die to a WL as a magus 1v1... :P

the armor debuff isn't really OP because, as a SM, I have to give up some crit for it, it doesn't stack with the WL's better, undefendable variant. also, it allows you to try different class configs out without being forced to use the same monotonous WL/SL or w/e.

needs further testing before anyone can cry OP.

as an aside: (i probably asked this already, i am sorry!) are the sc quests meant to be giving officer emblems, and not conq? I only ask as I assume that the increased rewards for certain scenarios was done so as to promote less pug farming, more guild v guild; however, if only sc emblems can be taken from the quests (and most premades are now on the conq/dominator grind, with officer emblems not contributing), groups will probably still take the quickest route. cheers in advance.