Ads

Patch Notes 22/4/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Danielle

Re: Patch Notes 22/4/2017

Post#11 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:24 am

Spoiler:
Balance discussions were closed, balance efforts put on hold. There are gaping holes in the balance of the game left over from the last experimental modes (ridiculous AM/Shaman Energy of Vaul/Fury of da Green) and balancing decisions. BW/Sorc with procs nerfed to the ground are useless in 6v6. WH/WE are light armour classes that deal less damage than some medium armour classes due to armour state of the game (a state stabilization problem left over from live). Certain WL spec is broken amazing for PuG play, yet useless in organized play. In a high damage setting experimental mode AM/Shaman can heal 2x-3x of what other healing classes can, whilst moving at the same time and having a strongly buffed AP drain that when covered by other DoTs is a long term soft disable.

Yet the Dev team chooses to focus on BG, because particular dev plays BG. That being said BG is underused (and Devs in question effort is much appreciated in that respect and I mean that), but people forget to look for the deeper and in fact very simple meta reasons beyond that. Classes go in and out of the meta due to other classes being popular/unpopular, not neccesarily because they themselves are weak or strong. AoE slow is an extremely useful utility (making BOrcs very important) and in the current state of the game a Crippling Strike Chosen is a 25% damage decrease for the entire enemy group (with fotm healing combo being RP+AM on Order, group cleanse from WP is no longer a viable solution). The reason BG couldn't get into cookie cutter setups are the two above, with his AoE slow being too long cd and Chosen being broken in current meta. Meaning BO and Chosen are unfireable. As far as I can see nothing is changing with the above dilemma, facing anyone making a destruction group. The only thing that could change the matter is if BG would be made so overpowered it would replace the BO out of simple, omg it's so good we cannot pass on it anymore reasons.

Here we are testing balance changes for BG. Noone even properly tested the older BG balance changes that already made the class way better, because BG was out of the meta for above reason relating to other classes, but here we are with another number of buffs.
The risk here is BG will become ridiculous, because it will be buffed over and over again, because people will still refuse to use it, due to meta reasons. Triple tank is already a thing on Order due to the state of the SM, now it may be a thing on Destro too.

Here is my plea: Focus on the balance issues that are breaking the game, before getting into the finer details and look to solve the large issues before focusing on the small ones. By doing things in reverse the 100 small changes made will suddenly blow people's minds about how important they were, when the big problem gets removed from in front of their eyes. The competitive side of the game is already pretty much dead, because people cannot be bothered to play with broken AM/Shaman experimental mode. More broken stuff will just make people even more demotivated to play in any competitive setting. I understand Devs changing the game may feel their expertise only applies to the classes they are playing, and feel disinclined to change things they don't have expert knowledge about. However, I would say it's at least weird to make changes to one class while balance discussions are closed for all other classes. Balance doesn't work in a vacuum.
You dont get to say what we do or do not work on, nor make snide comments based on what staff do or do not play - Torque
Last edited by Danielle on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Ads
Niky

Post#12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:36 am

Settra with 20 sec CD xDDDDDDD. Its crazy changes.
Destro: Mara Nyky / DOK Crystof
Order: SL Niky / BW Nykky / SW Nyky / WL Nikky / SM Ulee
Live: WP Eprst

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:16 am

Liking the changes, 2h BG needed some love and I think this is the right way to go about it. Echo Danielle's thoughts, and if we are balancing classes again, it gives me hope that the overperforming AM/Shaman will be brought down a peg or two in the foreseeable future. Also gives me some hope to keep on playing the DPS WP from time to time :P

GJ.

dansari

Post#14 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:36 am

I'm also glad balance changes appear to be back on the table. I appreciate the testing phase process to find out what works and what becomes too strong. Obviously I think there are flaws with things like AP drain, as Danielle has said, but I trust with more feedback and testing that these will be sorted out.
<Salt Factory>

TenTonHammer

Post#15 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:37 am

Nice

Wish Get down was called something a both more "BG esque"

Now I'm thinking about a BG doing a "get down mr.president" save

roadkillrobin

Post#16 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:42 am

I just leave this here

https://youtu.be/7Ox0Ehq-FRQ

Krima

Post#17 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:57 am

"get down" doesnt sound dark elf lore.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Aurandilaz

Post#18 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:05 pm

"Kneel!" would be more Druchii-like, or maybe "Halt Fool!"

Ads
gke96

Post#19 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Wow BG might replace chosen in 6man with this
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

Aurandilaz

Post#20 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:16 pm

gke96 wrote:Wow BG might replace chosen in 6man with this
"might" is a big word, considering Chosen remains as good and handy as usual, whereas BG was "changed", not entirely for better.