Ads

Patch Notes 6/5/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Acidic

Re: Patch Notes 6/5/2017

Post#21 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Nice
Only drawback is I now have to find something else to whine about, think I can live with that :)

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#22 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Cool! new kill quests! awesome!
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

tlitschye

Post#23 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Someone else knew about the AP Pot bug?
Like how long was it abused, till razzorc put it on the bugtracker, would be very interesting.

Greets

Nefarian78

Post#24 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:02 pm

About those new quests, if the keep lord is dead there's no way to take them?
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Nefarian78 wrote:About those new quests, if the keep lord is dead there's no way to take them?
Indeed, almost like a reason to fight for your zones...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

freshour
Banned

Post#26 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:06 pm

I have a question. Is it possible to make quest reward turn-ins viable in two spots? For instance have the warcamp kill quest available at the keep and the warcamp as well as the turn in? I know it makes sense for the keep defense quest to be in the keep, but if quests are actually going to start dropping Conq medals, that is a huge step in the right direct IMO.

It used to be a big part of RVR to turn in your quests at the warcamp before the gold was cut so much I don't think I've heard people mention that once lol. Anyway, I love the idea. I've done easily 50-75 hours of RVR and I have like 90 conq medals. I'd bet a few thousand have dropped but normally I'm in a WB so I didn't get the 6 man kill steal #'s that some have had. This quest is great because it can allow for WB members to have steady medallions as well.

If this change is meant to help the WB's out who get less contribution, less medals, less RR/Inf in general, adding the 50/50/50 guy's quest also in the keep/turn in in keep that would also be a shove to let WB's stop at the keep rather than the WC to kinda get turning in quests again to be a possibility.

It might be too much "instant gratification monkey" but if it is possible. I think it would get people excited to have two sources of conq medals in RVR and might get more people in the lakes - AND it may incentivize warbands again. Good work!

Edit: I think the majority of kills take place once the keep lord is dead, so adding this guy to the keep and maybe giving him a conq reward for the 50/50/50 would make the seemingly endless grind to lock a zone sometimes be quite a bit more fun. As it stands now if a group gets the lord down people go at it for a bit... but eventually sit in WC and wait for tic. Regardless of what you do lol, it is cool you decided to add those quests.

spikespiegel84

Post#27 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Think this is great news. Encourages keep defenders instead xrealming to get the tick. With a good keep defense you can easily fill the quest 5-6 times. As Scooby would say:
"POOOOOOOUUUUURRRR!!!!!!!!"

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:17 pm

The quests are designed so you will generally only be able to turn them in once per zone flip. Take the quest in Praag, finish it and turn in at CW or Reikland after those zones flip. Kills for both zones (quest giver and turn-in) count for kills. The quests for being pushed back to your last zone reward more, and quests for pushing forward reward less. The most forward zone can technically be repeated for 2 medallions as often as you finish 90 kills and visit your capital. I expect that level of farming would not be as profitable as just getting kills alone however.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#29 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:25 pm

wargrimnir wrote:The quests are designed so you will generally only be able to turn them in once per zone flip. Take the quest in Praag, finish it and turn in at CW or Reikland after those zones flip. Kills for both zones (quest giver and turn-in) count for kills. The quests for being pushed back to your last zone reward more, and quests for pushing forward reward less. The most forward zone can technically be repeated for 2 medallions as often as you finish 90 kills and visit your capital. I expect that level of farming would not be as profitable as just getting kills alone however.
I agree that it would not be as profitable for a 6 man group. But in a WB you literally get a handful of medallions for nearly 1k kills (when you factor in splitting b/w 24 players + RNG). So rewarding a warband with just 2 medallions for 90 kills is a HUGE total increase for players that prefer big rvr battles over 6 man RVR.

Grobbok

Post#30 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:15 pm

so this new quest doesn't work for destro?
or it only doesn't in caledor?
lider of Da fat squigs guild