Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/5/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 20/5/2017

Post#81 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:59 pm

You want the most potent heals/aoe heals that aren't affected by HD? Then you gotta get close to the fray. Sounds fair, and something has got to give. Face roll class atm.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#82 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Well the give part was that you got in 80 feet instead of 100-150, that you need a offensive target. and that the heal can be defended against. Now also you need to stay within 45 feet of your group. Seems like a bad deal to me. I would rather see a flat out decrease in heal effiiciancy The spell is still situational useble in large scale. I won't be speccing for it tho.

Marsares

Post#83 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:38 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Well the give part was that you got in 80 feet instead of 100-150, that you need a offensive target. and that the heal can be defended against. Now also you need to stay within 45 feet of your group. Seems like a bad deal to me. I would rather see a flat out decrease in heal effiiciancy The spell is still situational useble in large scale. I won't be speccing for it tho.
Same argument applied to Festering Arrow of the SW. Yes, you needed VoN to be up, use your M2, use some other bits, hope the stars align somewhat and can only pull off your party-trick ever 2 minutes, but a >6k FA crit and virtually "one-shotting" (between inverted commas as it required a chain of abilities, rather than one) is just as wrong as completely healing one person up from 1% to 100% with a single ability, which is virtually spammable.

I played AM from closed beta to the end of WAR and it was almost always (with the exception of the short period before the LotD Tyrant-cast-time proc got nerfed) the worst healer. With the initial .ab ex changes the AM/Shaman suddenly became a very good healer (and very enjoyable as much more mobile), with the following Energy of Vaul changes it became stupidly broken and OP.

I stopped playing it as a result and rerolled a BG. Yes, I'm a masochist.

What you're talking about has nothing to do with risk/reward, it has to do with players being asked to apply some skill to their game-play and some thinking to how they utilise their abilities, rather than single-mindedly spamming an ability at 80ft with little risk. There's nothing wrong with that. Next in line should be revisiting the backline WP/DOK, which since the reversion of the initial .ab ex changes remains seriously easymode.
Last edited by Marsares on Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Morf

Post#84 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Havent tested how fury of da green/energy of vaul now works but if its range is 45ft then its semi useless, the setback to cast it when being beat on is alot and will most likely be the case if you are a robe healer within 45ft of the fight.

If there is a problem with being able to add a heal debuff component to how Aarael had fury of da green and energy of vaul working then just cut the value by a set amount so it has similar healing as a group heal and keep it as Azarael as had it, if there are problems and limitations on what is able to be changed right now just change it back to how Azarael had it and when you are able to change it properly do it then, changing stuff for the sake of it and seeing if it sticks just causes ppl to criticise changes.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Dabbart

Post#85 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:43 pm

The issue is they heal based upon the number of targets hit... why not put a cap on enemies hit by the ability and return it to 85ft...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Gerv
Banned

Post#86 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:44 am

Dabbart wrote:The issue is they heal based upon the number of targets hit... why not put a cap on enemies hit by the ability and return it to 85ft...
It is capped at 4 people.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Dabbart

Post#87 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:23 am

I meant lower the cap. And really? 4? Huh. Shows how often I play the AM...

Edit: I still like the 45ft change btw. Changing it to an Oh **** ability is a good change imo. Am/Sham has a long range life tap. A short range one for more heals balances nicely I think... again, I don't precisely main my AM...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Foltestik

Post#88 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:41 am

its crap, make it to heal less (little more then gheal) with 85 ft range. But dont make shaman melee heal ...

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#89 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:56 am

Shammy can still heal like wtf without any life tap dont forget that :) i would do it on 80 feet and cap the heal at 2000
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Arteker616

Post#90 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:21 am

Gotta say DA fury is official dead as viable ability . the range is to short and make u expose to much , heal isnt that great to risk you going down for droping one. and its fairly hard to hit 4 targets at once for a decent heal outside of certain spots like mourkain chokehold .