Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/5/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Arteker616

Re: Patch Notes 20/5/2017

Post#61 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Need further testing but so far fetched x2 times in Doomfist crater trough the ropes , so im not sure the fetch trough terrain is working .

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#62 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Arteker616 wrote:Need further testing but so far fetched x2 times in Doomfist crater trough the ropes , so im not sure the fetch trough terrain is working .
Ropes don't block LoS, which is why you can use skills through them.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

freshour
Banned

Post#63 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
DPS DOK has a ranged snare, has access to the most potent HD that can affect multiple enemies simultaneously, Devour Essence is good for burst (also procs HD) as well as heals your enemy (much better than Grace version). So yes, the DPS WP should do higher burst damage when you factor in all of the above.
I am not arguing that a melee WP should not be able to more burst. They have a 2h weapon, so their life tap and their burst is actually a lot higher than a DoK.

The DoK used to compensate with a lot of CoC or CoV procs due to faster AA's, and Devour Essence. With the cov nerf, the DoK's burst potential and actually quite a bit front/back end damage took a hit. I'd say having that proc once per second as opposed to the 3-4 you can get in the proper combo is quite a large hit to any burst potential (way more than anyone gives credit)

Example, you run in, trigger DE, which we know hits twice per second so it could proc 2 cov's by itself in 1 second or one timestamp for reference, you throw your str or toughness debuff depending on if you are AP drain spec or not (meaning you have no murderous intent) and then hit your channel. If you had bloodthirst on that is like... almost half of your burst damage in that sequence pretty much gone. Not to mention our damage having a lot to do with AA. Now everything shares 1 second icd.

So while I was on the WP side of it up until T4 came out. Melee DoK's don't make AOE groups to put AOE heal debuff on people. DE has a range bout as far as a goblin can throw a forklift, and essence lash can be parried so the "AOE" of the HD is not a thing.. It is more that you can swap targets and get the HD back on them quickly.

Bottom line - WP now wins with burst potential, and life tap potential (they hit harder single hits), so while the fluff of of DE isn't there (it is physical so in an armor meta doesn't do a whole lot unless someone isn't guarded and squishie) the WP can burst heal more, burst damage more and gets AOE detaunt right (not sure on the last one). If the 1 second ICD was removed I think it would be a pretty fair change and would not be OP, but would definitely bring the dok closer in line with burst while still having less, despite never being able to achieve the lifetaps of a WP. Otherwise what is the point in having faster AA? the CoV's hit harder than the AA does almost all the time due to armor meta and guard.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#64 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:06 pm

This doesn't need to be discussed in the patch notes, make a proposal and wait for the process to work itself out.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Dabbart

Post#65 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:43 pm

"- Fury of Da Green/ Energy of Vaul now tap for less and area of effect of heal radius reduced - Hotfix"

Anyone know the actual differences? Can't login to test atm...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

sanii

Post#66 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Dabbart wrote:"- Fury of Da Green/ Energy of Vaul now tap for less and area of effect of heal radius reduced - Hotfix"

Anyone know the actual differences? Can't login to test atm...

The old formula used to be 300+dmg*1.5 healing per target hit, from a quick test on some creeps i assume it changed to 300+dmg*1 healing per target hit ( it was just a quick test tho , but it did fit quite nicely with the numbers we got)

Not sure about the radius tho.
<Pxl> <Luewee> <Fhc> and many many more!
[Deep and Dry] - Order
[Dark Omen] - Destruction

Fulkan

Post#67 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Apreesh the changes Torque! Keep up the good work!

My Sorc will definitely benefit from the pet changes. I was getting frustrated with LoS not working on pulls.
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch

drmordread
Suspended

Post#68 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:10 am

Zealote wrote:
drmordread wrote:AS I was informed by a GM, squig problems are all in pathing. This makes them hard to fix. So we can rest assured that while white lions can be stopped from fetching people on walls, squigs will still ...
fire through walls, if you were targeted in the open
come through walls and attack you, even if you were out of LoS
punt you off walls into a waiting six man.

<>
And yet my squig often gets 'stuck' when people LoS it, by which I mean that it keeps facing them but can't attack, so I have to make it heel, wait for it to return or until it's back in LoS, then re-command it to attack. There's also the absolutely awful bug of squigs dying (= 30s cd, 2s cast time) between zone boundaries - dunno if this is just due to bolster and will go at 40 though.

I'm not dismissing the issues you mention, just saying there's problems on both sides.
WL has same problems. Those are all in pathing though
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#69 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:34 am

drmordread wrote:
Zealote wrote:
drmordread wrote:AS I was informed by a GM, squig problems are all in pathing. This makes them hard to fix. So we can rest assured that while white lions can be stopped from fetching people on walls, squigs will still ...
fire through walls, if you were targeted in the open
come through walls and attack you, even if you were out of LoS
punt you off walls into a waiting six man.

<>
And yet my squig often gets 'stuck' when people LoS it, by which I mean that it keeps facing them but can't attack, so I have to make it heel, wait for it to return or until it's back in LoS, then re-command it to attack. There's also the absolutely awful bug of squigs dying (= 30s cd, 2s cast time) between zone boundaries - dunno if this is just due to bolster and will go at 40 though.

I'm not dismissing the issues you mention, just saying there's problems on both sides.
WL has same problems. Those are all in pathing though
The melee pet's aka lion one's and some Squigh's ones go directly for the target and don't stop attack even if they lose line of sight.
Instead when we talk about spiked pet,one of the squigh herder ranged pets, they go into trance once they lose line of sight and do exactly what Zealote said they do, mele pet's don't have that problem and they run straight for theyr target.

White lions do not have same problem, because theyr only pet is melee.

Limanya

Post#70 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:21 am

i don't play any of these classes or know much about them i'm just really really excited about tok fixes honestly