Ads

Patch Notes 20/5/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Patch Notes 20/5/2017

Post#51 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:12 pm

I think every fixed Thing at a career is a 100% good Thing!
Talking about balance is the wrong place!
If they fix fetch Fall dmg kd Fall would be great But i dont know how Hard it is to fix
Last wl fetch + kd was two times 2.100 Fall dmg so 4,2 k free not mitgatable dmg.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#52 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:14 pm

l1qu1d wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:
Stickzy wrote:
In pretty much every topic you type in, you bring up this bullshit about WL, Jesus... We all know you got the answers to eveything, and surely you know what should be nerfed and buffed.
Maybe if WL performance was on same levels as that of other DPS classes, no one would be commenting about them? ;)
Gee, why can't people just shut about balance issues and accept certain classes being FOTM? :roll:
Also I seriously do not understand these late comments targeted against me... how is that going to solve anything? Something wrong with talking about WL class in patch note thread that includes notes about fixing things WLs previously exploited with ease?
So far SH pets are able to do the same, punt ppl from keep walls......
First yes sh can punt from Walls
Second it is not the Same like a fetch towards you!
Third i think pets dont should run Walls up. But not an easy fix!
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

l1qu1d

Post#53 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:
l1qu1d wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:
Maybe if WL performance was on same levels as that of other DPS classes, no one would be commenting about them? ;)
Gee, why can't people just shut about balance issues and accept certain classes being FOTM? :roll:
Also I seriously do not understand these late comments targeted against me... how is that going to solve anything? Something wrong with talking about WL class in patch note thread that includes notes about fixing things WLs previously exploited with ease?
Agree with you, you should never be able to pull/punt ppl from walls with a pet, just a note:

First to pull someone from walls the wls needs LoS
Secont Sh dont need LoS to punt someone from walls.
Last edited by l1qu1d on Sat May 20, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Merrillian

Post#54 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:32 pm

For WP:
The increased strikethrough is a generally welcome increase to damage.
Absence of Faith increases our kit so we can possibly replace a dd in some situations.

I understand why you tied the cast time buff to Hammer of Sigmar, it's requires you to be at 14 pts in our damage tree. But Hammer of Sigmar is a finisher, meaning it's not used on cooldown. A Soulfire cast while trying to finish a target while not the worst use of a gcd is not a big improvement. If the Hammer of Sigmar finishes a target and you cast Soulfire while target swapping that would be one use. But without knowing the desired effect of the cast time buff I don't track. If it adjusted divine assault that might would be different.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#55 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:33 pm

AS I was informed by a GM, squig problems are all in pathing. This makes them hard to fix. So we can rest assured that while white lions can be stopped from fetching people on walls, squigs will still ...
fire through walls, if you were targeted in the open
come through walls and attack you, even if you were out of LoS
punt you off walls into a waiting six man.

Question on patch. Has the mara pull been fixed so that if you get out of LoS they can no longer pull you?
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Zealote

Post#56 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:43 pm

drmordread wrote:AS I was informed by a GM, squig problems are all in pathing. This makes them hard to fix. So we can rest assured that while white lions can be stopped from fetching people on walls, squigs will still ...
fire through walls, if you were targeted in the open
come through walls and attack you, even if you were out of LoS
punt you off walls into a waiting six man.

<>
And yet my squig often gets 'stuck' when people LoS it, by which I mean that it keeps facing them but can't attack, so I have to make it heel, wait for it to return or until it's back in LoS, then re-command it to attack. There's also the absolutely awful bug of squigs dying (= 30s cd, 2s cast time) between zone boundaries - dunno if this is just due to bolster and will go at 40 though.

I'm not dismissing the issues you mention, just saying there's problems on both sides.
Aetir

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#57 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:46 pm

l1qu1d wrote:
Daknallbomb wrote:
l1qu1d wrote:
Agree with you, you should never be able to pull/punt ppl from walls with a pet, just a note:

First to pull someone from wls need LoS

Oh there are techniqus to punt ppl down from Walls like jump up with sm morale and aoe punt.
Or shammy am aoe ranged punt thats okay because its not because of a Bug

peterthepan3

Post#58 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:28 pm

freshour wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Dps dok needs no love imo. Wp has better burst initially, but devour essence + dual wield + 2 dmg procs + perma aoe hd still makes dok 10x more potent.
More potent as far as utility sure. But as far as actual burst is concerned. DE is physical. This is an armor meta. With the CoC and CoV nerf that was a huge part of multiple procs to give the illusion of burst. I'm not saying the WP changes aren't justified, but a 2h wp on a squish can prolly hit around 2k now maybe more with WL armor debuff. My highest hit ever in an SC on my DoK in T4 was 1400 with the finisher on an armor debuffed, low level with crap gear lol.

Those big numbers dok's post in SC's mean nothing if it isn't burst because otherwise nothing will die. If the 1 second ICD gets removed, at least just for the DoK (it brings back it's ability to have procs on its side). You'd be really surprised how Max AA vs WP bigger AA's even out quite a bit more than one would think. I'm not sure if WP still gets free AOE detaunt with 2H as I haven't played it in a while but I keep fairly up to date on their numbers through streams/videos/reading their posts as it is my 2nd fav class.

I want the WP to have the big number burst, but the dok was about tons of procs, aa's, many many small frequent hits, the cov nerf was a gigantic hit in damage especially if you ran bloodthirst for increase CoC damage. It was actually a lot bigger than people even realize lol.

DPS DOK has a ranged snare, has access to the most potent HD that can affect multiple enemies simultaneously, Devour Essence is good for burst (also procs HD) as well as heals your enemy (much better than Grace version). So yes, the DPS WP should do higher burst damage when you factor in all of the above.

Ads
Krima

Post#59 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:30 pm

What about pet breaking stealth ??? true vision ....
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

l1qu1d

Post#60 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:
l1qu1d wrote:
Daknallbomb wrote:

First to pull someone from wls need LoS

Oh there are techniqus to punt ppl down from Walls like jump up with sm morale and aoe punt.
Or shammy am aoe ranged punt thats okay because its not because of a Bug
we are talking about pets being able to pull/punt dont change the subject pls and ty, waiting your argument about SH pet be able of doing that with no LoS