Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 2/6/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Luth

Re: Patch Notes 2/6/2017

Post#71 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Dresden wrote: If you knew me personally and knew the work i do irl you would not have written any of that.
Do you think i chose my forum name 'Dresden' at random? i've worked with far worse than what you folks began with.
I don't know you personally and ofc i have no clue why your forum name is "Dresden"; maybe you organized the rebuilding of the Frauenkirche or the whole city after WWII, which really doesn't matter in this case. As i already wrote, such a project requires mainly other skills, for instance writing efficient code, endurance at debuging, maybe a low level of narcissism is helpful too, but not how to bring cargo xy from A to B at the lowest cost or well timed staff planning.
Dresden wrote:
Spoiler:
Luth wrote:I also wonder what the audience might be that you will listen to; the few loud members or the many silent ones? The reasonable ones or the unreasonable ones? The trolls or the legit posters? The newbies or the experienced ones? The former WAR players or the WoW/GW2/whatever players?
ALL OF THEM.
You must be really good at whatever you do. I mean even the trolls...
Spoiler:
Dresden wrote: Would you provide a meal to a guest within your home without even asking them if they will or even can consume it?
How would you (resources, by their very nature, are ALWAYS a problem) go about feeding a thousand people at very short notice?
I feel disappointed by your position on how to deal with a relevant crowd, but i am just a guest here and that is none of my business.
RoR is more like a restaurant with meals for free and the menu card can be found here. No one is forced to eat here and the guests, maybe attracted by advertisement, are mostly strangers, not close, well known friends who got an invitation to someones home. But both examples have something in common: Constructive, reasoned criticism is ok; shitting on the table not so much. I don't know what you mean with "feeding a thousand people at very short notice", it doesn't make sense, at least to me.
My fancy colored name doesn't mean that i speak in behalf of anyone else than myself and "my position on the relevant crowd" (besides, "relevant crowd" is a very vacuous term) doesn't really matter. That was just my opinion.

Ads