Ads

Patch Notes 4/6/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
freshour
Banned

Re: Patch Notes 4/6/2017

Post#11 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:55 am

Awesome on the range increase in T1, that should make it a lot better. I was curious what you guys thought of a 5-10 second grace period of leaving the BO range? Say someone tries to attack it and you engage them, rather than losing the BO, if you had 5-10 seconds to get back in range, it will encourage going off it a smidge to get a kill rather than "Nuh Uh!!!!! I ain't movin!"

If that sounds stupid, I apologize lol. I only want this to be the best :D - Great work so far!

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#12 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:37 pm

freshour wrote:I was curious what you guys thought of a 5-10 second grace period of leaving the BO range? Say someone tries to attack it and you engage them, rather than losing the BO, if you had 5-10 seconds to get back in range, it will encourage going off it a smidge to get a kill rather than "Nuh Uh!!!!! I ain't movin!"
I think you start to realize what is the purpose of this system and the willingly perverse side of it :).

I'm not for this point Freshour cause at a moment players have to make choices + grace period or increasing range is quite the same thing in the end.

Consider BOs like mines and players as miners (resource collection). You must choose : push your wagon or move around. Wagon won't work alone (obvious). :). There is no point to stay under a BO when enemies are around (my opinion).
Attacked wagons/miners can't produce (obvious).
Stopping production is a loss and restarting production takes time. (obvious)

I think not losing definitively your precious BO is sufficiently encouraging.

washette
Former Staff

Post#13 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:22 am

flintboth wrote: ...
Thanks a lot for that video and feedback ! And thanks everyone !

It really seems people split in the lakes, move all around, there are skirmishes and bigger fights, not only on BOs. And not only zerg vs zerg or zerg vs zerged. That's great :)

We plan on small improvements next weeks, and then... Maybe scale for another tier !

EDIT : I apologize for the bugs we encounter(ed), especially the first day. There are some remaining but fixes will come.

freshour
Banned

Post#14 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Yaliskah wrote:
freshour wrote:I was curious what you guys thought of a 5-10 second grace period of leaving the BO range? Say someone tries to attack it and you engage them, rather than losing the BO, if you had 5-10 seconds to get back in range, it will encourage going off it a smidge to get a kill rather than "Nuh Uh!!!!! I ain't movin!"
I think you start to realize what is the purpose of this system and the willingly perverse side of it :).

I'm not for this point Freshour cause at a moment players have to make choices + grace period or increasing range is quite the same thing in the end.

Consider BOs like mines and players as miners (resource collection). You must choose : push your wagon or move around. Wagon won't work alone (obvious). :). There is no point to stay under a BO when enemies are around (my opinion).
Attacked wagons/miners can't produce (obvious).
Stopping production is a loss and restarting production takes time. (obvious)

I think not losing definitively your precious BO is sufficiently encouraging.
A good counter point, to that I say touche sir.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#15 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:25 am

07/06/2017 Hotfix

Natherul

-Removed the code that was responsible for resetting cooldown on changing zone, this seemed to be the issue of the long cooldowns people got since last night (if we can find the issue this code will come back later again)

Lheana

- Assigned their correct subtype to ~200 creatures
- Skeletal Gebauers will now also drop 'Faded Scroll' (item for ToK unlock)
- Moved Brimdall Yggdreidar (NPC for ToK unlock) to avoid him to be killed by other NPCs

[6664] Completely fixed
[6985] Stormblight Brute will now also drop 'Intact Troll Stomach'
[9712] Blighted Leatherwing will now also drop 'Bat Wing'
[4106] Fixed
[6172] Fixed the other way to trigger this unlock
[3937] Fixed for 'Skyherald Warhawk'

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#16 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Yet another hotfix

Washette