Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grolar

Re: Patch Notes 24/6/17

Post#21 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:00 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:
Also wondering, what may be the drop rates from mobs? 1%? .1%? More abysmal? :D
Far more abysmal. That particular drop table is also shared with all the R37-39 purple gear.
These new gears sets. Much like the seal pieces released a few months back it sounds like you are making these new sets basically not worth trying to get if the drop rate is more ridiculous that the purple bags. If less than 1% of the players and 100% of the exploiters will be the only ones to get them it leaves me to ask, why make them at all? ( perhaps to catch the exploiters? )

Love that updates that are constantly coming. I will always be grateful that this game is back even if I don't like a lot of your recent changes. 8-)
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Grolar wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:
Far more abysmal. That particular drop table is also shared with all the R37-39 purple gear.
These new gears sets. Much like the seal pieces released a few months back it sounds like you are making these new sets basically not worth trying to get if the drop rate is more ridiculous that the purple bags. If less than 1% of the players and 100% of the exploiters will be the only ones to get them it leaves me to ask, why make them at all? ( perhaps to catch the exploiters? )

Love that updates that are constantly coming. I will always be grateful that this game is back even if I don't like a lot of your recent changes. 8-)
The point of this set is that it is quite rare, but unlike ANY other set, fully BoE. If you try grinding for them, you're gonna have a bad time. Either you'll get them while farming mats for your crafting stuff, or when we add the Ch22 PQ set, you might get a lucky drop doing the PQ (which will have better gear in the gold bags anyway). I wouldn't have put Rare in the name if it wasn't really, really, going to live up to it.

If you don't fall into the category of players that might be able to get it through your normal gameplay (some people like grinding, making money, doing pve), then you're probably going to pay a small Fortune to acquire them.

I hope it's not too subtle.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Teefz

Post#23 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Nice patch. Gotta give extra credit to Washette. You have been doing some sweet fixes lately.

Keep up the good work. :)

Dabbart

Post#24 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:40 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Far more abysmal. That particular drop table is also shared with all the R37-39 purple gear.
Will any of the set pieces breakdown to Purple frags? Or will tough/wounds/ini tali's just be that much harder to get...

Thanks for the update.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:33 am

Dabbart wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: Far more abysmal. That particular drop table is also shared with all the R37-39 purple gear.
Will any of the set pieces breakdown to Purple frags? Or will tough/wounds/ini tali's just be that much harder to get...

Thanks for the update.
I didn't try, but they are salvageable and classed as purple, so they probably would.

But then, why salvage a piece of gear for a frag, when you could make potentially more money on the AH selling it?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#26 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:30 am

Grolar wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:

Sry But 1% would be soooo crazy! There are 60 Set parts on Each side that can drop. So If every Part has 1% you have with each mob kill 60x 1% chance to drop one Part its like a 1% proc . Its like in Diablo 2 Storm Wind shield had a 0,02 % to drop from Mephisto. I looted it more than 40 Times while farming :)
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

ragafury

Post#27 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:41 am

1% -> auction house would be now full with it.

are there any screenshots of the sets? I want to check there look.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#28 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:55 am

ragafury wrote:1% -> auction house would be now full with it.

Click on the spoiler in the first post.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Ads
ragafury

Post#29 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:02 am

xyeppp wrote:
ragafury wrote:
Spoiler:
1% -> auction house would be now full with it.

Click on the spoiler in the first post.
hurr durrr.

thx!
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

kryss

Post#30 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:52 am

Lot of initiative on the new set, maybe I need to learn more about it. Does it only increase the chance of not getting crit, or also the crit chance?