Edennae

Re: Patch Notes 15/7/17

Post#131 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Thanks for Hardwork :p

Ads
Jaycub

Post#132 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Haojin wrote: if you really care about building a healthy community and resurrect a dead game; this is not the way [same with nyky/teinhala
They don't, they stated this many times old leadership and new. Players are 3rd class citizens, you either accept or leave. And as long as this is the only private server people will accept whatever is given to them out of fear.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#133 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Gotta say, I agree with Hao. What's the point of balance discussion if Torque can just rage and make changes whenever? I think Hao spamming the "morale pumps are op lololol" stuff was tiresome, but isn't that was forum moderation is for?

Seeing Torque get pissed in other threads (like the magus one) doesnt exactly inspire confidence either. I understand its a bummer of a position sometimes, but a lot of the content he produces on the forums seems to be "**** you, stop talking to me, I do what I want." Which is kinda lame.

EDIT: well wargrims response was cool. Thanks guys.
Last edited by GodlessCrom on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#134 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Haojin wrote:talking in general, i think this thread is a perfect match for it, feel free to move my post rules discussion or garbage bin:

all classes might be fixed/buffed/nerfed (a) and this is an private alpha server (b).

a-DfV & YSMBT get nerfed after i post an "obvious" "sarcastic" post. check bottom. still no information on patchnotes.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22090&start=20

the thing that bothers me is: if a dev pissed enough he can rage-nerf without any discussion/feedback on "balance forums".
whats the point of "balance forums" if the classes are just a toy of someone in charge ? that "nerf" won't change anything and that's why it's so desparete. the thoughts about the morales by myself; you can check my old posts. [ just a hint: i suggested a morale drain to WL, similiar to marauder, on gimpest tree and 12th level, giving a counter instead of nerfing if you blame me i'm biased ]

b- about the rage-nerf, i think you guys doing the same mistake with your ex-project leader; super harsh when someone protesting/disagree with you, for example:

1- mentioning /s macros, even a guildie get banned because he changed his nickname into "moralepump" , i got whispers from 4 different GM's to stop this "childish" behaviour.

2- our video sharing thread got locked with some threats [ viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19002 ]

if you really care about building a healthy community and resurrect a dead game; this is not the way [same with nyky/teinhala ban].

you can always change classes, game, rvr system ect, you got the power, this is your server but don't expect from people to eat that **** and thanks for hardwork.
a. Nothing was rage nerfed. It's been a long standing issue that was bound to be fixed eventually. There was a brief discussion and the obvious short term fix was to add an ICD to these abilities to limit the amount of Morale that could be gained in a short period of time. We don't do rage nerfs. It's not personal.

b. Despite the way Torque replies to the playerbase (and staff too sometimes), he does go through the proper channels to make blatant changes as he's very well management minded.

1. If you act like a fool to the point that players are complaining that you're being dicks, our job from the GM side of things is to get you to calm it down. You opted to ignore GM instruction and several of your group were muted for the week. One person was banned for Nazi Bullshit that does not bear repeating, and one player was renamed because your thematics were over the top and to be honest a bit disgraceful for a group of some of the most skilled players on the server.

vouzou wrote:We win because we used morales. That meakes us cheaters.

Next time i wanna hear your call to pray Hao.
Your thread got locked because after GM's asked you to dial it waaaay back, this **** was still posted. Phalanx is now on the short term memory list of players who are looking to cause problems on the server. We have a long track record of dealing with such problems, and I'll tell you whut, the problem players aren't the ones that win out in the end.

If you want to have civil discussions about how to proceed, that would be a grand idea. If you want to sling mud and accusations about how terribly you were wronged, you're gonna have a bad time.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

roadkillrobin

Post#135 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:06 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Phalanx is now on the short term memory list of players who are looking to cause problems on the server.
I'm on some short term list of players who are looking to cause problem coz being in the guild Phalanx now? Even tho i didn't play last night? You mean collective punishment for guilt by association?
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collateral

Post#136 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Tbh I don't know what was up with Korthian to post that in the thread since the drama was over and GMs told us to stop, it sux you had to lock the thread but oh well new ones can be made. And no Nume I think GMs know very well who is on their list.
Last edited by Collateral on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grock

Post#137 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Natherul wrote:For clarification, I have passed over that line of code a few times, each time looking at it and not getting it due to some math involved there and as other things have yanked my attention I left it as is.
release it to public? :mrgreen:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#138 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:23 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: Phalanx is now on the short term memory list of players who are looking to cause problems on the server.
I'm on some short term list of players who are looking to cause problem coz being in the guild Phalanx now? Even tho i didn't play last night? You mean collective punishment for guilt by association?
Your guild leader was on a rampage that aggravated a majority of the server. If that's not how you roll, then open that dialogue with him, or find a different guild I suppose.

If it wasn't an apparent guild-event, it wouldn't be treated/viewed as such.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#139 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Collateral wrote:Tbh I don't know what was up with Korthian to post that in the thread since the drama was over and GMs told us to stop, it sux you had to lock the thread but oh well new ones can be made. And no Nume I think GMs know very well who is on their list.
It can be unlocked provided we're all done with riding the crazy train, we're not monsters here. Just trying to keep the peace and protect our staff from further harassment.

vouzou

Post#140 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Collateral wrote:Tbh I don't know what was up with Korthian to post that in the thread since the drama was over and GMs told us to stop, it sux you had to lock the thread but oh well new ones can be made. And no Nume I think GMs know very well who is on their list.
It can be unlocked provided we're all done with riding the crazy train, we're not monsters here. Just trying to keep the peace and protect our staff from further harassment.

I am not saying anything i read the PM from you, no comment made. Feel free to assume that it is done from my side.
Now we are w8ing for your side actions as Devs/Gm's.

Thanks!
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg