Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 11/8/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Scrilian

Re: Patch Notes 11/8/17

Post#71 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Don't talk **** about Aza. I know he and I often did quite see eye to eye on more than one aspect of the game, but to this day have the greatest respect for the man. I havent played for about a year and, just like in Genisaurus case, was saddened to know about his departure from the project - all in all its a heavy blow.
@Hao, you of all people talking about "ego-tripped forum posts or bullshit about class balance" :lol:

If the carrier mechanic alteration aka .ab ex is unnesesary complication and abstraction in the way of further developement - then it shoud be done away with. And god damn, I remember the old Torq before he became this grumpy :mrgreen:
wargrimnir wrote: Hargrim
- Victory Points timer and Battle Objective Lock timer in T2, T3 and T4 were shorten by flat 50%, so VPs will be updated every 60 seconds and Locks will be in general shorter. This should allow for faster paced RvR and the value might be reduced, increased or removed in future.
This is really interesting to playtest.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#72 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:29 pm

wait, I'm trying to understand, VP pool moves faster?
So it now updates every one minute (despite the tooltip always claiming 4 or 3 mins?)
I'm noticing only 2% gain every 1min, which would be the same as the old speed of gaining 4% every 2 minutes? (though the ticks occur more often, but same overall gain?)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#73 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:wait, I'm trying to understand, VP pool moves faster?
So it now updates every one minute (despite the tooltip always claiming 4 or 3 mins?)
I'm noticing only 2% gain every 1min, which would be the same as the old speed of gaining 4% every 2 minutes? (though the ticks occur more often, but same overall gain?)
It should be faster, if it's not I messed something and will work to fix it. What I want to accomplish now is to make campaign 2x faster.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#74 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Just to clarify, ab ex not only was a pain to deal with in regards to code, it also (at least in the eyes of current management) serves little purpose, if we want to test something its better to just make it so for everyone for a while to test and then if its bad, remove it.

Also please dont shittalk former staff no matter your personal opinion on those people, they sacrificed a lot of time and tears on this project to make it better (and they all contributed in a big way for the project)

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#75 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Natherul wrote:Just to clarify, ab ex not only was a pain to deal with in regards to code, it also (at least in the eyes of current management) serves little purpose, if we want to test something its better to just make it so for everyone for a while to test and then if its bad, remove it.

Also please dont shittalk former staff no matter your personal opinion on those people, they sacrificed a lot of time and tears on this project to make it better (and they all contributed in a big way for the project)

so as i understand its like that :
Devs Turn AM/SHAM changes to 0 because 1. The code is form aza and its confused to deal with it and
2. after you turn it on 0 you can change what you want now ?
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Richardwarhawk

Post#76 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Its nice to see people getting back into the PVE spirit for gear again!

shaggyboomboom

Post#77 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Richardwarhawk wrote:Its nice to see people getting back into the PVE spirit for gear again!
in a PvP game....

kryss

Post#78 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote:This is the stuff that is now active after the patch this morning/afternoon.

[RvR]

Hargrim
- Victory Points timer and Battle Objective Lock timer in T2, T3 and T4 were shorten by flat 50%, so VPs will be updated every 60 seconds and Locks will be in general shorter. This should allow for faster paced RvR and the value might be reduced, increased or removed in future.

[Careers]

Natherul
AM/Shaman
-Consuming resources consumes all now again

[General]

Cegee
Plugged a pesky powerleveling loophole ;)

Hargrim
- Added new command for players, .tokfix it will attempt to add missing ToKs for kills and give you missing titles for completion of gear set (but only if you have at least 1 piece of such gear equiped when running this command).
- Some GOs will stop levitate after interaction. Some will still fly above the ground...
- Doors will no longer be unclickable.

wargrimnir
These two changes should allow players who were stuck in a weird state with their BL quests to finish them.
- Beastlord Hunting Guide cost has been reduced to 4 tokens.
- Repeatable Dragonwake quest to kill Gholnaros/Xaphan now has a token as a loot option.
Thank you, it solved my problems with the BL quest

Ads
Dabbart

Post#79 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 pm

"Cegee
Plugged a pesky powerleveling loophole ;)"

Anyone confirm that is the last hitting Champs exploit*? No offense intended, but that really shouldn't of ever been a thing... To be fair, when I lvled my first toons on this server, you could take all of the kill quests in every tier and complete them all in 1 SC. And I took full advantage of it. I knew it wasn't intended, and didn't complain when it got fixed.

Also, I miss Aza.. Torque's great and all, but Aza used to go on multiple paragraph long explanations of why you just posted the dumbest thing ever. And I loved it.

Everyone needs to chill out with class abilities/changes. Are you not aware that everything* is waiting on the patcher? yea, it might suck for a bit. #Alpha.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Sulorie

Post#80 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:
Richardwarhawk wrote:Its nice to see people getting back into the PVE spirit for gear again!
in a PvP game....
Had many nice fights for the lairs today. Not only against my own realm. :O
Dying is no option.