Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kryss

Re: Patch Notes 11/8/17

Post#41 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:10 pm

kryss wrote:
Specialpatrol wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Fixes to Broken Things
- The Fires of Ulthuan should no longer be repeatable when you first acquire it. Instead it is repeatable after you finish the token quest. It is no longer a pre-requisite to have the quest in order to take the quest (because that makes no sense).
- Malachia and Tezakk should be respawning properly now.
- How all this stuff broke while the quest was disabled? :roll:
This fix didn't fix the Token-quest issue for me.

I completed the Fires Of Ulthuan quest earlier today (quest was picked up back when BL was last active). When handing in, I could only pick the cloak quest again. After above fix, the quest giver still doesn't have the Token quest. If I abandon the cloak quest (for the 2nd cloak), it's still the only quest I can get from the quest giver.
that's exactly what happens to me too. Please note that I killed the 2 bosses today, but with an old open quest. I Hope it will be possible to find a fix or turnaround, cause many many people did the same

Ads
Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#42 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Have you tried to do the quest taking the quest today?
Head DB Developer

Anaehll: Shaman 40 RR 8x - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl: Sorceress 40 RR 4x - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa: Archmage 40 RR 8x - TeamPsy
Lheaana: Bright Wizard 40 RR 5x - TeamPsy

kryss

Post#43 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Lheana wrote:Have you tried to do the quest taking the quest today?
You mean if I took the quest today? Just the repeatable one.
For many people, it went like this: they had an open Fires quest, taken before the stop. Then, today, they killed both bosses. Turned the quest in, got the cloak, but no follow up. Just the repeatable quest, which I got. Still, I hope there's a fix to avoid making people do the killings all over again

Specialpatrol

Post#44 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Lheana wrote:Have you tried to do the quest taking the quest today?
I had the Fires Of Ulthuan quest on several toons, as carry-overs from last time they were active.

When I completed it on my KotBS today, for instance, the Token-quest appeared. The only difference was that the quest on my KotBS was for the 2nd cloak (quest was still picked up previous time). On the other toons I tried with, it was for the 1st cloak.

So could it be that the order of how the quests appear have somehow been messed up with the reintroduction? So you now maybe have to complete the cloak-quest twice, before you can pick the Token-quest? (I didn't get to test this myself, so it's only speculation).
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

catholicism198

Post#45 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:38 pm

Haojin wrote:imho, leveling/gearing should be easy in a alpha server. more characters, more tests, more feedback. the current status doesn't fit at all. especially gear wise.

shame rats get nerfed. they were creating action while people leveling up in lower tiers.
More feedback? There's only a handful of people that frequent the forum.
They've already gotten an adequate amount of feedback...(significantly) larger blob wins...equal number means no keep siege...keep lord takes too long to kill...morales are beyond oped...running supplies is boring...no way to defend a keep at zero stars against a zerg...gear only makes a difference in small scale- but this blob vs blob...blah blah. I'm guessing they're waiting until they have more control...

Shaman changes...have to tear the house down so you can rebuild something better.

I just found out about the loophole and you patch it!?!?!?!
I don't really level alts, but glad you guys are fixing exploits.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#46 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Will make another adjustment to BL quests when we patch for Dev stuff later.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Toonman

Post#47 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Natherul
AM/Shaman
-Consuming resources consumes all now again

Hargrim
- Added new command for players, .tokfix it will attempt to add missing ToKs for kills and give you missing titles for completion of gear set (but only if you have at least 1 piece of such gear equiped when running this command).
Nice on both changes!

Hargrim
Developer

Post#48 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:43 pm

[RvR]

Hargrim
- Victory Points timer and Battle Objective Lock timer in T2, T3 and T4 were shorten by flat 50%, so VPs will be updated every 60 seconds and Locks will be in general shorter. This should allow for faster paced RvR and the value might be reduced, increased or removed in future.
New change - this will go live Monday morning EU time.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#49 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Hargrim wrote:
[RvR]

Hargrim
- Victory Points timer and Battle Objective Lock timer in T2, T3 and T4 were shorten by flat 50%, so VPs will be updated every 60 seconds and Locks will be in general shorter. This should allow for faster paced RvR and the value might be reduced, increased or removed in future.
New change - this will go live Monday morning EU time.
Probably later tonight, I was intending to patch once the stuff in the Dev pipeline was ready. Ran into an issue last night.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Lesnoj

Post#50 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Maybe instead of adding quests or fixing PQ, who no one really cares about, GMs should focus more on balancing the game. Playing 15 scens a day where Orders are without a single healer or most of the grp are mdps or rdps is not very good scenario balance system. Every patch I only see how are some quests are added or fixed or something like that, this game is not about quests its all about pvp and orvr, so it would be wise to focus on this part and then maybe quests...