Patch Notes 11/8/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
freshour
Banned

Re: Patch Notes 11/8/17

Post#31 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:04 pm

Few points.

1. Shaman had an overall 50% (or more) decrease in its entire healing output. No that is not an overstatement, that is a fact. Yet it still out heals a DoK... I hope that puts it into perspective and the focus isn't on how OP the shaman was, but moreso how ridiculously overnerfed the DoK is. I have no idea how you guys are going to balance it all out, i'm sure there are some good plans in the works. Best of luck on that one.

2. Another nerf to powerleveling seems like a horrible step in the wrong direction (IMO). It is already hard enough to convince a friend to play a game this old. But rather than a few hours of power leveling to get midway through the game and then doing some rvr yadda yadda - it takes days honestly weeks to hit 40. People have said numerous times they don't like making alts anymore. I get this is your server, you hate fast progression, you hate fast leveling, you like very slow things, you don't even like flight masters... But seriously guys leveling is more than slow enough for the players, I promise NO ONE thinks it is too fast.

3. BL respawn drop was a phenomenal idea. It should be this low of a respawn timer all the time. It promotes people to actually go out there and not just wait for super dead times because the monster is "probably already dead" - so this is 100% an awesome idea

Always good to see patch notes, would be super cool if there was an update on how close the patcher is, how close client control is, latest thoughts/ideas on class balance, stop nerfing power leveling, things like that. I get it you like pq's, fixing targetable objects and stuff like that, but during an extremely slow time player wise (blame summer for a few more weeks i guess), healers in a terrible state, rvr in a bad state with some of the biggest guilds not really wanting to play as much, at least let us into your echo chamber a bit and tell us whats goin on. Keeping good PR is important during times like this when the game is in a pretty rough state compared to how it has been. Wargrim/Nath usually do a great job at this, some staff are terrible at it but hey not everyone is a social butterfly. I know you guys can keep it all together, know that i'm rootin for you!

Ads
kryss

Post#32 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:18 pm

U probably already know, but the Fires of Ulthuan quest follow up (Order, afaik) is broken. Gives you the mantle, but no quest pops. Hope u can fix it and give full credit without making ppl redo the quest. Thanks!

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#33 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Well fact is dps shammy is totaly unplayable now :). But heal shammy am was far OP was rly easy Mode
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Scrilian

Post#34 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:Well fact is dps shammy is totaly unplayable now :). But heal shammy am was far OP was rly easy Mode
It still takes ages to kill Wheatbix or Vzbzdnul, idk what are you on about :|
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#35 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Fixes to Broken Things
- The Fires of Ulthuan should no longer be repeatable when you first acquire it. Instead it is repeatable after you finish the token quest. It is no longer a pre-requisite to have the quest in order to take the quest (because that makes no sense).
- Malachia and Tezakk should be respawning properly now.
- How all this stuff broke while the quest was disabled? :roll:
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#36 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Scrilian wrote:
Daknallbomb wrote:Well fact is dps shammy is totaly unplayable now :). But heal shammy am was far OP was rly easy Mode
It still takes ages to kill Wheatbix or Vzbzdnul, idk what are you on about :|
i dont mean the survive ability :D its now a bit better than befire becasue ab.ex had an extra self heal debuff
and in 1on1 or pugging shammy can still kill alot via dots etc .
But for proper grp play or wb play you loose all youre burst because a rotation like brain bursta+da whaag is comming +big whaag +bunch o whaagh 2.4 sec cast time (in ab ex mode and impact time 0.4 seconds is now 3 seconds or 5 seconds cast time with an impact time of 3 seconds so the dmg from about 5k dmg in 0.4 seconds impact time is lowered to 5 k dmg at 3 seconds that means no bursts possible .
That means dps shammy make 3 dots now with 20 % less dmg than before and try to bunch o whaagh and kite thats all .
Its not that i dont understand the changes and i think the changes are 100 % corret (for heal shammy ) but dps is in a grave now for proper play
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

kryss

Post#37 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:50 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Fixes to Broken Things
- The Fires of Ulthuan should no longer be repeatable when you first acquire it. Instead it is repeatable after you finish the token quest. It is no longer a pre-requisite to have the quest in order to take the quest (because that makes no sense).
I'm sorry I don't get it quite well. My Fires quest was taken before the disabling of BL stuff, so when I turned it in, I just got the repeatable stuff and no followup. If I go back now, do I get the token quest? Thanks for the clarification

Specialpatrol

Post#38 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Fixes to Broken Things
This fix didn't fix the Token-quest issue for me.

I completed the Fires Of Ulthuan quest earlier today (quest was picked up back when BL was last active). When handing in, I could only pick the cloak quest again. After above fix, the quest giver still doesn't have the Token quest. If I abandon the cloak quest (for the 2nd cloak), it's still the only quest I can get from the quest giver.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
Sidmar

Post#39 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Cool patch now the game crashes every 5min.

kryss

Post#40 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:58 pm

double post
Last edited by kryss on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.