Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dansari

Re: Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Post#261 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:53 am

Haha well we had fun in the process nonetheless. The tick was icing.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
KikkL
Banned

Post#262 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:56 am

Same side locking t2/t3 to get the keep to t4 at 1star, seems more like a perk.

I mean its just kinda like, 2 different sides lock t2/t3, t4 should not open at all.
T4 opening automatically just takes the fight out of it. Like t4 is gonna open no matter what(why try). Just seems very dull to try and prevent a lock in t3, if t4 is opening. All your doing is preventing the t4 1star, which isnt much of a reason to fight.
IMO

And on a happy note! GREAT CHANGES! ITS NICE TO SEE SOME EXPERIMENTATION!
AND THE DEAD ZONE(mid tier) IS NOW GONE!
HOPE THE CHANGES STAY!

dansari

Post#263 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:59 am

Eh I dunno, maybe in the future with two zones (which would make more sense.. say empire is open in T4 and you start dwarf.. if you capture one zone but the enemy captures the next, you would just move to elf to try again while another battle rages on in empire). Right now it seems silly not to simply progress the one open zone into t4
<Salt Factory>

Vajazzle24

Post#264 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 am

More positive steps in the right direction. ORvR was once boring to me and now it's all I play. Good work devs!
Vajazzle <Montague> 40/48 WL
Vajazzlezz <Montague> 40/35 IB

Equinsu Ocha <Molon Labe> 40/54 WE (currently playing)

Achilleos

Post#265 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:18 am

VP generation through keeps... for the love of god thank you! :D
I love the new RvR System... but the locking struggle after taking a keep was tedious.
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

Shooshpanzerer

Post#266 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:33 am

wargrimnir wrote:Meanwhile, in the realm of literally hotfixing things all week because why not?

7/9/2017 Hargrim
- Taken Keeps will now generate 1% of VP each 60s, this is on par with each BO above 2 - with 4 BOs and 2 keeps winning realm will get 3% per 60s.
This change looks nice on paper, but from outnumbered side perspective it's now almost impossible to deny the lock - you need to hold 3 BOs to break even and 4 to flip it. So a zerg can simply park themselves between two close BOs and be done with it.

Achilleos

Post#267 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:42 am

Shooshpanzerer wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Meanwhile, in the realm of literally hotfixing things all week because why not?

7/9/2017 Hargrim
- Taken Keeps will now generate 1% of VP each 60s, this is on par with each BO above 2 - with 4 BOs and 2 keeps winning realm will get 3% per 60s.
This change looks nice on paper, but from outnumbered side perspective it's now almost impossible to deny the lock - you need to hold 3 BOs to break even and 4 to flip it. So a zerg can simply park themselves between two close BOs and be done with it.
Making the keepfight more important. Finally. There was a tendency of not really rallying for a keep defence.
And to be honest... the hours long stalemate after was drawn out and annoying af.
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

Glorian

Post#268 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:57 am

So with the new VP gain, now having Keep and 3 BOs is like if you had Yesterday 4 BOs and the keep.

And if you have today 4 BOs and the Keep it will be even more faster. Sounding good.
Zone Comebacks should now be very very hard. But we dont want to replay here WW1 with a three year stalemate. ;)

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#269 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:38 am

Shooshpanzerer wrote:This change looks nice on paper, but from outnumbered side perspective it's now almost impossible to deny the lock - you need to hold 3 BOs to break even and 4 to flip it. So a zerg can simply park themselves between two close BOs and be done with it.
There is something as 'too long' and I think it is better to get your vengence on enemy in next zone than prolong even more the lock after keep is taken. I feel that stuff like yesterdays HP generate a lot of negativity and frustration, on both sides.

kirraha

Post#270 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:59 am

If it annoys you there are ppl wanting to fight back an opposite lock I suggest you do not enter the RVR lake or the zone will lock the second the lord has fallen.

There is not much that beats the feeling of struggling back and being able to flip the turns of event. Maybe a rift from the 3th keep floor but since that is fixe we must find nee ways to settle our desires dont we? ;)