Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Collateral

Re: Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Post#11 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:00 am

Incredible to see we are finally starting to test things like a real alpha server! This will be fun :D

Also, great patch with a lot of exciting implementations and fixes, good job team :)

Ads
Manatikik

Post#12 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:16 am

Like the SW changes. Dodge strikethrough is not being removed though Parry strike through is being added. Other two changes are working as intended so far in my tests. Not mention in the .ab changelist command.

New RvR system so far (little testing so far) to me is lackluster. Hargrim found the right bolster level for large scale fighting so that should be fine but: with these small of zones and forcing everyone there just makes zerging the only viable option and is encouraged (even at the lowest population time of the day) by the closeness of everything. Another small thing is when killing an enemy significantly lower level than you you receive 0 renown; as a level 59 killing a level 18 i'm not expecting to gain good or even bad RR off of it but a minimum of 1 seems like a must to me just for the sanity of people.
<Montague><Capulet>

KeanuDracula

Post#13 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:16 am

Bolster seems at a good spot. Good work.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#14 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:17 am

Hargrim wrote:
jgas wrote:i guess the command got bugged?

No, it is working good.
the 1:st capped t2 zone determins what parings it will go throu
so if you start by grabbing 2 bo's in t2 empre, that paring will start (troll contry - > high pass -> praag) and the other parings will lock out (dwarf and elfs) untill the complete empire paring is done (ie locked empire t4) and then the other 2 t2 zones will be unlocked and it repeats
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Reesh

Post#15 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:20 am

After latest bolster tweaking I've done a short test on AFK, unguarded 26r BG, without any moral dmg reduction support whatsoever. Below link to the video.
(even on top T4 bgs i've not seen that good dmg reduction).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Mkfx ... 00Q3M/view

Lowbie defence is now INSANE, they're like mini deftard champions. I know it's to compensate their lack of masteries and tactic slots, but I have a strange feeling that if it will stay that way, it will encourage guild hopping to low ranked alts to be almost indestructible - to be as trollzy as possible.
I'd suggest modifying bolster by decreasing defence by a large amount, and increasing the wounds appropriately - just my quick thought.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the evening when more players will join. T2 toons will be on front lines it seems :D
Last edited by Reesh on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manatikik

Post#16 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 am

Reesh wrote:After latest bolster tweaking I've done a short test on AFK, unguarded 26r BG, without any moral dmg reduction support whatsoever. Below link to the video.

Lowbie defence is now INSANE, they're like mini deftard champions. I know it's to compensate their lack of masteries and tactic slots, but I have a strange feeling that if it will stay that way, it will encourage guild hopping to low ranked alts to be almost indestructible - to be as trollzy as possible.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the evening when more players will join. T2 toons will be on front lines it seems :D
On my SW I was hitting Bolstered targets for about the right damage with both ST and AoE. Felt like I was hitting people more geared for defense but not like hitting a lot of deftanks in T4.
<Montague><Capulet>

Reesh

Post#17 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:34 am

Spoiler:
Manatikik wrote:
Reesh wrote:After latest bolster tweaking I've done a short test on AFK, unguarded 26r BG, without any moral dmg reduction support whatsoever. Below link to the video.

On my SW I was hitting Bolstered targets for about the right damage with both ST and AoE. Felt like I was hitting people more geared for defense but not like hitting a lot of deftanks in T4.
Record yourself doing ST dmg to deftard T4 tanks, and then to T2 tanks and post it. Maybe it's smth messed up with magic dmg then.

Haskr

Post#18 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:55 am

I'd suggest modifying bolster by decreasing defence by a large amount, and increasing the wounds appropriately - just my quick thought.

I think it is fine as it is, when i played my full def kotbs, i just laughed at any caster trying to hurt or even hit me, because it all got either blocker, disrupted, or mititgated to very low amounts (even from good players like premium or muctep), so the bolstering system trying to simulate that is quite working.
With my level 17 BG, the wounds are just about 9k (have some wounds talismans), the same amount i had on my lvl 40/rr54 kotbs, thoughness and avoidance is still way lower, so i think it is working fine and giving me a disadvantage to a regular full geared tank who has all abilities and tactics at hand.

Edit: we could also do some bolster testing, whisper me if you want
Edit2: To see the whole difference between getting bolstered and playing as level 40 Tank, i have to hit 40, will tell if i make it during the event :mrgreen:
Last edited by Haskr on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Skalier
Banned

Post#19 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:12 am

It's the best path ever. This is how RVR should look like. Thanks to the whole ROR team.

(Unfortunately I can not play because now I am bit busy another best game of all time
Heroes III.)

geezereur

Post#20 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 am

Are we supposed to be bolsterd to lvl 50 in Tier 1 rvr zones now?