Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Wam

Re: Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Post#331 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:42 pm

god like and four magus's should never be mentioned in the same sentence I mean for real? its other people putting us on a pedestal with passive aggressive false praise or slander... and saying many misguided things about us :)

I see action, reaction, words about high pass and TUP was in high pass and we made it bloody because that is the name of the game... to fight in game as a team... a unit, a group... alot of people don't like teamwork and want things handed on a plate without realising how much work groups like Phalanx or TUP or even CNTK put in. We took one 3 minute break in 3 hours of non stop fighting outnumbered... and even that wasn't enough to stop zone lock (because our allies spent most the time running around off objectives getting crushed in open field by mass numbers instead or the few that tried meeting too much resistance on objective due to sheer number of AAO(manor)) , just delay it to get enough action for everyone... instead of lock 50% of population log off next zone = zzzzz no challenge

We try to be good at what we do, just like CNTK and Phalanx but we are far from god mode... alot of it comes from setup something that Haojun tries to educate people on i've seen multiple times but it falls on deaf ears pretty much everytime... because people don't want to work on teamwork and prefer to just zerg than learn their class and realm.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]

Hargrim
Developer

Post#332 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Please move with this stuff from the patch notes thread. You know which stuff I have in mind.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#333 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:00 pm

The bonus 1% VP from Keeps was something I brought up about a month ago after seeing zones stall out after the Keep drops, and no real effort being made to flip the zone. The whole point of not flipping the zone after the keep is to give players the option to take it back.

That option still definitely exists if the defenders take and hold all the BO's. The circumstances aren't even that much different for a retake to occur, defenders need the right amount of coordination at the right time. What it alleviates is the 95% of the time when the zone is an eventual, but solid conclusion.

Basically, if you have the forces to re-take a zone, then you aren't going to have a problem doing so any more than you would have had before. That number of times we've actually seen a re-take occur over the past month are probably in the single digits. It simply wasn't a functional aspect of RvR outside of those extreme edge cases.
wargrimnir@returnofreckoning.com for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Scrilian

Post#334 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:33 pm

You mean that's not related to the actions of another glorious leader? :mrgreen:
As a side effect can't spawn any siege weaponry in the keeps on both sides of the realm.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Valefar WL, Gaziraga BW
Valtor Red SL, Otis WH inactive alts, ex-Greenfire RvR leader
Wonderful RvR related stuff ;)

navis

Post#335 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Haojin wrote:We will start real testing after 10 september, wish to see more order to show up, really not fan of playing order :>

My sentiments exactly. It's my understanding that the system will open more pairing at once so while I think right now just best to wait.

We are see a lot of negative population based effects, which when all players focused in one zone I think it shows more clearly some areas which could be improved.
Like population control stuff - open more zones or pairing, restrictions to x-realm, rewards like AAO for underdog, rewards like extra Siege for underdog, or other options.

Haojin wrote:Or make comeback even easier to see some interesting situations in a small period of time.

Options for underdog in the form of siege things, which can allow smaller group of players defend their keep (for example). Much like we used to. Perhaps consider tweaking the way Flags and Resources help players continue to play when population is low. I have barely noticed ANY effect when defending keeps such as scaling NPC and Lord effectiveness, door restoration etc. Actually when you are outnumbered like that there is no way your realm can run Resources and try to mount a defence.

Haojin wrote:I'd prefer a zone lock after keep take OR small amount of time bo hunting tbh. And also biggest thing caters zerging atm is: postern usage.

Posterns sholdnt be avaliable if underdog got %x aao no matter how many stars they have. Also keep lord buff is necessary - not like 1 shotter keep lord in the past - depends the aao aswell, my 2cents.

As a option to add dynamic to the Campaign, for allowance of a "insta-lock" if all BO are held when the Keep Lord falls?

thx

Kordie

Post#336 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 am

For most players the time post keep take is about fighting before the lock. Having that drag out for 50 mins, when most times the defending side wants the lock also, is just frustrating. If you only have a few hours to play and gear is tied to flips you don't want that dragging out. Sure cool epic PVP is why most of play but gear is nice to get to improve your toon.

Torquemadra
Head Database Developer

Post#337 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:32 am

Kordie wrote:For most players the time post keep take is about fighting before the lock. Having that drag out for 50 mins, when most times the defending side wants the lock also, is just frustrating. If you only have a few hours to play and gear is tied to flips you don't want that dragging out. Sure cool epic PVP is why most of play but gear is nice to get to improve your toon.

If the defending side want the lock why are they taking BOs back?

anarchypark

Post#338 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:11 am

Kordie wrote:If you only have a few hours to play and gear is tied to flips you don't want that dragging out.

you won't have gold bag with small play time anyway. don't focus on lock. you're competing with full time players.
aim conq kill quests. and kill drops.
every fights are small steps to conq. post keep is also part of it.
lock really doesn't matter for casual players to get gold bag.
for me, post-keep fight is same as pre-keep fight at next zone.

mostly high contributors want fast lock. fresh ones want more time to increase it.
you can't make others stop playing their games.
just enjoy with them.
OneSword - SM | TwoArrows - SW | SixLores - AM | Solitair - WP
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 9/16/2017)

Kordie

Post#339 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Kordie wrote:For most players the time post keep take is about fighting before the lock. Having that drag out for 50 mins, when most times the defending side wants the lock also, is just frustrating. If you only have a few hours to play and gear is tied to flips you don't want that dragging out. Sure cool epic PVP is why most of play but gear is nice to get to improve your toon.

Because they like to fight or they like purple numbers or they want increased contribution in a loser flip or because its next to the WC? And yes some ppl may want to flip the zone back but you can usually tell when its WC ping pong that they just want the pain to be over.

Torquemadra
Head Database Developer

Post#340 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:54 am

Kordie wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:

Because they like to fight or they like purple numbers or they want increased contribution in a loser flip or because its next to the WC? And yes some ppl may want to flip the zone back but you can usually tell when its WC ping pong that they just want the pain to be over.

All they would have to do is stop and that would happen and a handful of malcontents cannot do this therefore your opinion is just that. Don't expect to see your preferred fliphammer

Return to “Server Changelogs”