Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
flintboth

Re: Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Post#31 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:32 am

Thx reply, I m not asking for rewards sorry, just to give some fun in game.
Sure you give it and I will try again and again all your patch, as I say this one is nice but the balance between low and high characters look something less... I m right ?
But on reflexion, I don't really care to be rolled on the red lake with my low characters, because now we can have action all the day (probably).
Let play.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Ads
Reesh

Post#32 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:46 am

Glorian wrote:@crazy armor mitigation. We shot with 3 snipes at an unguarded afk bolstered dok. And did no damage. Better said really really low.

We need to check this a little the weekend with our dwarfs.

@kill quest:
I wasn't a while in the t2 zones. Is there one kill 50/50/50 kill quest in Troll Country only for T2. Or are there one in every zone?
I'm thinking it might be the mitigation from toughness dealing the most. Mate of mine logged on his 23 healer, his toughness got bolstered to over 830.

Scrilian

Post#33 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:01 pm

From what I'm seeing right now, bolster is way overtuned to the point that I'd rather ignore killing anyone below 40, than spend my time grinding at these abominations that don't even reward me for slaying them.

Middlefinger already pointed out an issue of t2-3 tanks being just the same if not better than most of t4 tanks, while barely requiring any time investment to be viable. Sure they don't have some abilities and tactic slots, but who would want to level anyway?

With powerleveling being dealt with and the time it takes for an average player to get conq geared with talismans and stuff - I'd say there's not enough incentive to do so, you can just level another tank to 17 in a few hours and you are ready to go.
Groups of lvl 50~ alts killing lvl55 champ guards to powerlevel/piss off people when? :mrgreen:
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#34 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Scrilian wrote:From what I'm seeing right now, bolster is way overtuned to the point that I'd rather ignore killing anyone below 40, than spend my time grinding at these abominations that don't even reward me for slaying them.

Middlefinger already pointed out an issue of t2-3 tanks being just the same if not better than most of t4 tanks, while barely requiring any time investment to be viable. Sure they don't have some abilities and tactic slots, but who would want to level anyway?

With powerleveling being dealt with and the time it takes for an average player to get conq geared with talismans and stuff - I'd say there's not enough incentive to do so, you can just level another tank to 17 in a few hours and you are ready to go.
Groups of lvl 50~ alts killing lvl55 champ guards to powerlevel/piss off people when? :mrgreen:
I will reduce bolster to 48 for now. Please let me know how it feels after.

Lvl55 champs are not exactly killable - they just terminate players with 30 000 dmg.

Scrilian

Post#35 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Yea, will run a wb today at some point and get a bit of feedback on how does it look on a larger scale.

Btw, at which point an enemy gets colored "red", so to speak, in comparison to your current level? Was it 5lvl difference, can't tell for certain, at which point he takes significantly less damage from you, while dealing increased damage to you.

Either this lvl gap damage amplification should be addressed or the bolster never reach it, to be honest. Stat mitigation from 800tough+ bolstered healers is very high as it is.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Hastykrasty

Post#36 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Anyone can tell how much renown killing some rank 16 or 20 gives when you are at rank 40?
I think it's fine that when killing lower rank people, you get lower renown, but I also hope it's not stupid low. :)
None. I've killed a bunch of lowbies (with the Trivial threat) in solo with my WH and I've got no RP.
It's almost pointless killing them, since they reward nothing worth for a 40.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

drmordread
Suspended

Post#37 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Right now I just feel bad for the Devs. You guys work hard, real hard, and I appreciate it more than you know. But this ... SMH ....
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Reesh

Post#38 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Killing low ranked player should give an minimum amount of rr for higher ranked ones for it to make any sense, maybe rr similar to BO take.

Ads
Haskr

Post#39 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Reesh wrote:
Glorian wrote:@crazy armor mitigation. We shot with 3 snipes at an unguarded afk bolstered dok. And did no damage. Better said really really low.

We need to check this a little the weekend with our dwarfs.

@kill quest:
I wasn't a while in the t2 zones. Is there one kill 50/50/50 kill quest in Troll Country only for T2. Or are there one in every zone?
I'm thinking it might be the mitigation from toughness dealing the most. Mate of mine logged on his 23 healer, his toughness got bolstered to over 830.
Not true, BG lvl 18, 591 thoughness

Dajciekrwi

Post#40 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:49 pm

The changes looks very promissing, the vigor of this changes is obvious. Maybe t4 players need a little more "egoistic" reasons to play in such circumstances, but for start this looks like veeeery good job!