Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Collateral

Re: Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Post#322 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:46 pm

It's not about who? What are you talking about? Personally I don't care about these changes, they probably won't affect us much. We don't go on such 'epic' feats very often anyway (only did it a handful of times). Of course you can't take a keep with even numbers of organized players, I would never think otherwise. But you seem to forget about pugs, who need a lot of carrots and candy to continue playing. With this change you will need even more BOs to break even, which will hardly happen. Once the keep is lost, the zone is most likely lost, lets not lie to ourselves. Can't you see that there won't be any decent fights, because people will just leave? One organized warband doesn't make a difference against the zerg, simple as that. And even we give up sometimes if the zerg is too stronk, since there is no point and it's too boring. Same thing if destro zergs, which will also probably happen if all order pugs leave the zone.

I won't comment anything further until I get a chance to see it in action. I never hate if I'm wrong.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#323 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Collateral wrote:I won't comment anything further until I get a chance to see it in action. I never hate if I'm wrong.
You better hurry.

+1% from 2 controled keeps will be changed to (initially) +1% when one realm hold 2 keeps and 4 BOs.

Collateral

Post#324 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Hargrim wrote:You better hurry.

+1% from 2 controled keeps will be changed to (initially) +1% when one realm hold 2 keeps and 4 BOs.
Why hurry?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#325 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Collateral wrote:Why hurry?
Because it will be changed in the next Hot Fix.

Aleteh

Post#326 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Me going through the last couple of pages

Inglorious Basterds & BLOOD - Karak Azgal

dansari

Post#327 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Collateral wrote:It's not about who? What are you talking about?
Directed at the variety of TUP who seem to think the patch is in direct defiance of their godlike RVR warbands, or did you miss the last 3-4 pages?
<Salt Factory>

Wam

Post#328 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:42 pm

god like and four magus's should never be mentioned in the same sentence I mean for real? its other people putting us on a pedestal with passive aggressive false praise or slander... and saying many misguided things about us :)

I see action, reaction, words about high pass and TUP was in high pass and we made it bloody because that is the name of the game... to fight in game as a team... a unit, a group... alot of people don't like teamwork and want things handed on a plate without realising how much work groups like Phalanx or TUP or even CNTK put in. We took one 3 minute break in 3 hours of non stop fighting outnumbered... and even that wasn't enough to stop zone lock (because our allies spent most the time running around off objectives getting crushed in open field by mass numbers instead or the few that tried meeting too much resistance on objective due to sheer number of AAO(manor)) , just delay it to get enough action for everyone... instead of lock 50% of population log off next zone = zzzzz no challenge

We try to be good at what we do, just like CNTK and Phalanx but we are far from god mode... alot of it comes from setup something that Haojun tries to educate people on i've seen multiple times but it falls on deaf ears pretty much everytime... because people don't want to work on teamwork and prefer to just zerg than learn their class and realm.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#329 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Please move with this stuff from the patch notes thread. You know which stuff I have in mind.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#330 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:00 pm

The bonus 1% VP from Keeps was something I brought up about a month ago after seeing zones stall out after the Keep drops, and no real effort being made to flip the zone. The whole point of not flipping the zone after the keep is to give players the option to take it back.

That option still definitely exists if the defenders take and hold all the BO's. The circumstances aren't even that much different for a retake to occur, defenders need the right amount of coordination at the right time. What it alleviates is the 95% of the time when the zone is an eventual, but solid conclusion.

Basically, if you have the forces to re-take a zone, then you aren't going to have a problem doing so any more than you would have had before. That number of times we've actually seen a re-take occur over the past month are probably in the single digits. It simply wasn't a functional aspect of RvR outside of those extreme edge cases.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog