Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ragafury

Re: Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Post#311 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Yeah well how can a 12 hour Praag run happen? lack of coordination.
what happened yesterday in Tala? lack of coordination?
what happened in my 2 vids with the zone flips? lack of coordination.
If the enemy manages to flip a zone your realm f***** up, sorry to say.

so the awnser is to "buff" mechanics that coordination is almost pointless, and punish players who actually try to.
bit hilarious, ain't it?

as a topping this creates incentives to xrealm and idle warcamp.

only zone which has huge stall potential is KV.
can adress something like that in a "nerv". I personally rather would tend to make a rework once you got the tools of that map and live on with it for the moment.

I better ask sullen if he can write a "Nokia 3210 Snake" addon or "Bejewled" so you have something to do while waiting for the zone to lock once the keep is taken.

Simply pointless to have an after keep phase with this changes. For both sides. And that's the really sad part about it what nobody realizes.

Not gonna contribute any further to this topic.

congrats /2 you made it again. :lol:
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#312 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Collateral: I saw a bunch of destro players claiming that. Panzerkasper was one, and supposedly he is good (I am NA and never seen him online so cannot attest but Starilas' group is good) and there were others. Pretty sure I saw Hao claiming they weren't that great too, but most of his posts are memes so who knows.

The point was I know they are good. But people were acting like they weren't anything special when they were some of the best tactics in the game. Just straight up lying, in other words. For what reason, I can't really imagine.

Also I'm kinda confused as to what TUP and Phalanx are complaining about here. To hear you guys tell It, you're the best guilds on the server and never lose ;) you guys farm Order AAO for hours. What's the issue?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Reesh

Post#313 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:26 pm

I've not seen any needs for underdog special treatment when TUP was growing, while riding on Phalanx back on the field back in the day, weird.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#314 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:27 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:For what reason, I can't really imagine.
Sure you can :idea:

Haojin

Post#315 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:31 pm

We made a comeback in BC from %98 1 month ago. I motivated guildies to quit the game if we do it aswell :D Is it fun, yes, is it satisfying, yes, is it tryharding at its best, yes, is it worth your time and energy, hell no.

I'd prefer a zone lock after keep take OR small amount of time bo hunting tbh. And also biggest thing caters zerging atm is: postern usage.

Posterns sholdnt be avaliable if underdog got %x aao no matter how many stars they have. Also keep lord buff is necessary - not like 1 shotter keep lord in the past - depends the aao aswell, my 2cents.

I don't care about making comebacks harder or whatsoever, we will continue try harding, more challange for us. It's possible to comeback even with this situations if you facing agasit huge order pug zerg.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Glorian

Post#316 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Haojin wrote:We made a comeback in BC from %98 1 month ago. I motivated guildies to quit the game if we do it aswell :D Is it fun, yes, is it satisfying, yes, is it tryharding at its best, yes, is it worth your time and energy, hell no.
Exactly.
The Realm locks imo are like a soccer match with One or two extra times . The keep almost at the end. Is the goal in regular time or in extra time.

No one wants a soccer match where you play 12 hours.
And after you have your goal in extra time defend it for 15 minutes and you are done.

Haojin

Post#317 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Or make comeback even easier to see some interesting situations in a small period of time.
Last edited by Haojin on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Collateral

Post#318 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:45 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Collateral: I saw a bunch of destro players claiming that. Panzerkasper was one, and supposedly he is good (I am NA and never seen him online so cannot attest but Starilas' group is good) and there were others. Pretty sure I saw Hao claiming they weren't that great too, but most of his posts are memes so who knows.

The point was I know they are good. But people were acting like they weren't anything special when they were some of the best tactics in the game. Just straight up lying, in other words. For what reason, I can't really imagine.

Also I'm kinda confused as to what TUP and Phalanx are complaining about here. To hear you guys tell It, you're the best guilds on the server and never lose ;) you guys farm Order AAO for hours. What's the issue?
I'm not complaining about anything, I only expressed my frustration with the general order population. Also, Hao trolls a lot so I doubt he ever said morale tactics suck. Starilas and co. don't play in bomb warbands but in 6 mans. So of course they don't use morale tactics.

Believe me, farming order for hours with no real competition becomes boring most of the times. That's why I want to see someone take some initiative.

As for these changes to VP, the point is not about organized guilds. It's about pugs, who will simply give up after the keep is taken. Wam pointed it out clearly. Fighting back for the zone will simply be pointless. You are already outnumbered, and now the enemy has even better chances to lock. Saying that this will encourage keep defenses is kinda hmmm, cuz again you are already greatly outnumbered. Defending a keep as a pug is virtually impossible against the zerg, and with 80-100 or more aao it's never gonna happen anyway. We will have to see, but I don't see it happening.

Ads
dansari

Post#319 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:14 pm

The patch isn't about you. Simple as that. It's not about me, and it isn't about you. Wait... do you think it's about you? Wipe it from your memory. It isn't. Hold on.. it's coming back..... theere we go, just clear that hard drive of a brain and remember: it's not about you.

I, too, remember many a dessi claiming the morale tactics were overhyped, no one uses them in organized settings, they're a joke, etc. etc. etc.

My experience personally as of late has been that with even numbers and organized groups on both sides, taking a keep is nigh-impossible. So yeah, you need more people to take a keep, unless the other side is literally just a bunch of pugs. Nothing has changed about that, and if a keep actually does fall I'd much rather just have some decent fights until the zone locks, then move on or go to bed.
<Salt Factory>

Wam

Post#320 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:32 pm

I think Phalanx and TUP and some pugs have taken a keep when we had AAO in black craag... when russians was bunkered inside hard :) it took a few attempts and its easy to defend once you have a certain amount of numbers bunkered inside and lack of organised outside... see KV recently (sunday) as prime example...

Im thinking patch is about server health... taking the legs away from pugs who are outnumbered in defending is generally bad for server health but thats just my two cents... what do I know... obviously i have zero game knowledge, I don't know how to lead, i don't know mechanics, I don't know classes... there should be more encouragement to defend on both sides, yes its placing more importance on keep but its also saying don't bother showing up to zone if keep is already lost... and just wait for next zone lolz (meanwhile most the players log off and next zone is dead but thats just my experience of primetime europe what do i know)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]