Ads

Patch Notes 9/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: 9/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#71 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Collateral wrote:My original idea was max 2 zones open. It would allow for the bigger numbers to fight against each other, and other smaller groups and soloers to roam around in the less populated zone. It would also allow for some tactics to be applied concerning locking the pairings. But this all requires city sieges in the end, so we will have to wait, hopefully not too long :)
Is there any substantial difference between 2 and 3 pairings open?

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#72 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 pm

50% more space in which to spread out population.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Scrilian

Post#73 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Extra pairing opens up more places for BO trading for RR boosts ;)
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#74 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:30 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:50% more space in which to spread out population.
This is good or bad thing? Also, take into account that there are no 3 pairings open at all times - there are 3 pairings, 2 pairings after one is locked and 1 pairing when other 2 are locked. So it's kinda dynamic.
Scrilian wrote:Extra pairing opens up more places for BO trading for RR boosts ;)
Why would you trade BOs if you can stay at the same one and get a tick every 6 seconds?

Scrilian

Post#75 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Hargrim wrote: Why would you trade BOs if you can stay at the same one and get a tick every 6 seconds?
Or that. To be frank really don't like the T1 style BOs. Current ones provide essential breathing space for any coordinated tactics within the zone without having half of open warband suddenly become afk leechers on the BO. Even now I'd say the system lacks a clear indication for how long the BO will on lockout, how long the expected time for capturing it will be and how soon will you/enemy be able to recapture it again.
All of this would provide a way to plan your moves and coordinate warbands within the current zone, just as the Live version of 3min Capture/15min Lockout did. I'm not saying those timings were perfect but at least they were clear enough to provide you with valuable info on the state of the zone and adjust the strategy accordingly.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#76 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:56 pm

I think it's a bad thing. One zone is too zergy, two zones might be better. Gives you breathing room if you're getting stomped in one zone and want to go to another. Three I think is too much for the pop we have. Would just lead to people pvdooring, or avoiding each other.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Collateral

Post#77 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Hargrim wrote:Is there any substantial difference between 2 and 3 pairings open?
I think there is. As GodlessCrom said, the population currently is too low. You will have big fights in one zone at the beginning, then after one side realizes they are being zerged or farmed, they will move to the other zone. Then if the enemy decides to follow, they will move to another etc. Basically it will be a cat and mouse game. Obviously, two zones don't prevent this either, but at least you will know where everyone went, so the chase is not that hard for catching them, and preventing that zone from locking as well. Some people will inevitably fight only for rewards and leeching, and others will fight cuz they actually enjoy it.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#78 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Collateral wrote:I think there is. As GodlessCrom said, the population currently is too low. You will have big fights in one zone at the beginning, then after one side realizes they are being zerged or farmed, they will move to the other zone. Then if the enemy decides to follow, they will move to another etc. Basically it will be a cat and mouse game. Obviously, two zones don't prevent this either, but at least you will know where everyone went, so the chase is not that hard for catching them, and preventing that zone from locking as well. Some people will inevitably fight only for rewards and leeching, and others will fight cuz they actually enjoy it.
State of the realm won't tell you where everyone is?

Ads
Collateral

Post#79 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 pm

It will? I didn't know it says player numbers as well.

Glorian

Post#80 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:39 pm

State of the realm only tells which zones are contested, right? Not the total player count if I'm correct.

And definitely not that the big Zerg has just moved into my zone and I have to look at my ass. ;)

Yesterday after the patch it was the usual confusion in the public chats: Where is action, where is destro, behind! which Zone!?

The state of the realm is a must tool now.