Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 9/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Collateral

Re: 9/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#81 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Well that's what I'm saying. There is no real way to know exactly where people went.

But enough about that, don't mind me. We will play and see how it develops.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#82 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. I will address few points:
Teefz wrote:
Spoiler:
Some small feedback from tonight:

- With State of Realm installed it's easy to keep track of what is going on. Hopefully you guys will be able to add that as a part of the game at some point.

- Medallion/RP's were not dropping in other zones then the "active" one - despite all three pairing being active

- Portals that open up in warcamp when you control the bos I understand in T1 due to pack mules and the size of the zones. But in the big tier now with this many people, it just promotes even more zerging. People suiciding over and over again just to make sure the objective doesn't get capped is a sad form of PvP and that should stay in SWTOR and not get introduced here imo.

- Pet classes still lose their pet when crossing the boarders in the lower tier zones. This results in loss of the pet buff (i.e 5% crit, autoattack on the move, armor, aa haste etc) and a lot of pet rage.

To early to say anything about the changed BO's and multiple zones. I think it will take weeks to change peoples mentality. Having said that I really enjoyed being able to have option to skip the zergfest and go get some smallscale fights in the other zones, even in EU primetime, which is usually a bit crowded.

Thanks for the quick fixes, keep up the good work :)
2. Meddalions should drop now.
3. I think the portals work a little different than you think - you can't use it to move whole warband usually and you can't use it if there are enemies around the BO you want to port to, so suicide runs with portals should not happen.
4. Not much we can do about pets currently, sorry. This is complex issue connected to the architecture of our Emu, as far as I know.
Grolar wrote:
Spoiler:
The I liked the BO portals. The BO ticks on the other hand might work better if factions had to hold at least three in order to activate the RR and influence ticks. Seems people will just sit on them and do nothing if they only have to hold one or two. That is if they stay after testing.
We will see how it goes.

If I did not address something let me know.

Teefz

Post#83 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:04 am

Hargrim wrote:Thanks for all the feedback. I will address few points:
Teefz wrote:
Spoiler:
Some small feedback from tonight:

- With State of Realm installed it's easy to keep track of what is going on. Hopefully you guys will be able to add that as a part of the game at some point.

- Medallion/RP's were not dropping in other zones then the "active" one - despite all three pairing being active

- Portals that open up in warcamp when you control the bos I understand in T1 due to pack mules and the size of the zones. But in the big tier now with this many people, it just promotes even more zerging. People suiciding over and over again just to make sure the objective doesn't get capped is a sad form of PvP and that should stay in SWTOR and not get introduced here imo.

- Pet classes still lose their pet when crossing the boarders in the lower tier zones. This results in loss of the pet buff (i.e 5% crit, autoattack on the move, armor, aa haste etc) and a lot of pet rage.

To early to say anything about the changed BO's and multiple zones. I think it will take weeks to change peoples mentality. Having said that I really enjoyed being able to have option to skip the zergfest and go get some smallscale fights in the other zones, even in EU primetime, which is usually a bit crowded.

Thanks for the quick fixes, keep up the good work :)
2. Meddalions should drop now.
3. I think the portals work a little different than you think - you can use it to move whole warband usually and you can't use it if there are enemies around the BO you want to port to, so suicide runs with portals should not happen.
4. Not much we can do about pets currently, sorry. This is complex issue connected to the architecture of our Emu, as far as I know.
Grolar wrote:
Spoiler:
The I liked the BO portals. The BO ticks on the other hand might work better if factions had to hold at least three in order to activate the RR and influence ticks. Seems people will just sit on them and do nothing if they only have to hold one or two. That is if they stay after testing.
We will see how it goes.

If I did not address something let me know.
2. Awesome.
3. Yeah I understand the purpose of them but was fighting order at the Tower in Talabecland. When a horde magically crawled out of the fireplace. :D Also occurred in Tavern area. Overall I hope you guys scrap the bo portals for T2-3-4. In my mind it sadly, if not destroys, then dampers some of the natural flow of traveling forces in the zone.
4. While on the topic, but a minor sidenote: Would it be possible to alter/change some of the lower tier maps, so that when crossing the boarders the character does not have to 'reload' FoG, AAO, buffs, etc.? For instance, would merging Troll Country & Ostland into "one map" be a possibility? I realize this requires some significant work. Just curious.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#84 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:52 am

Answer for 4 is maybe? with legendary patcher, as maps are stored locally. There would probably be some minor to major issues, as almost all zones are technically same size, and stuff and stuff and stuff...

Hargrim
Developer

Post#85 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 am

@Teefz

Woops, I made a typo, it should go like this:
3. I think the portals work a little different than you think - you can't use it to move whole warband at the same time and you can't use it if there are enemies around the BO you want to port to, so suicide runs with portals should not happen.
As a side note, we probably all know what class you play and what is your playstyle - uncatchable SH so I guess those changes will force you to change the way you play, but you will for sure adapt, if this thing stay in place. To avoid the portal from opening just contest the flag (be near it - it will change to neutral), it will close immediately.

Glorian

Post#86 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Setup transporter scramblers. :)

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#87 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:12 pm

I don't play squiggly herder and I also think the portals kinda blow. They are good in t1 where no one has good mounts and the zones are sometimes largish, like elf. But it kinda ruins roaming groups if you can't get pick offs because people just Insta teleport around. It just seems like an odd idea since we seem pretty committed to not giving players easy stuff, but Insta teleport across the map is like...the definition of easy mode.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Hargrim
Developer

Post#88 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:27 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:I don't play squiggly herder and I also think the portals kinda blow. They are good in t1 where no one has good mounts and the zones are sometimes largish, like elf. But it kinda ruins roaming groups if you can't get pick offs because people just Insta teleport around. It just seems like an odd idea since we seem pretty committed to not giving players easy stuff, but Insta teleport across the map is like...the definition of easy mode.
Catching that 1 or 2 stragglers following pug wb with your 6man indeed sounds exciting and 100% titanium hard mode.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#89 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Idea regarding bolster; adjust/buff the hard avoidances
at rank 16 whilst your other stats may get bolstered, you keep soakings hit like a thirsty sponge
so instead of adding bolster modifying stats that barely exist for lowbies (block, parry, dodge, disrupt...) make the bolster in itself reward the stats that matter for lowbie survival
Say, at rank 16 the bolster rewards 10 dodge/disrupt/parry/block. With each career rank gained, the bolster becomes weaker by 0.5, meaning at 17 you get 9.5, at 26 you get just +5 and at 36 it becomes 0. (thats when you get Ruin)
Considering how between 16-20 you get 1 tactic slot and random maybe Obliterator gear, you kinda need those extra defences. Though at rank 20, you get 2nd tactic slot, and then the bolster grants just +8 to avoidances

This still keeps them far weaker than rank 40s, but prevents them from instant melting because they lack the renown points to purchase enough hard avoidances that rank 40s (with whom they are fighting) have.

obviously Block should only work for shielded tanks, not sure how to make that work though, unless you leave Block totally out from the bolster.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#90 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Hargrim wrote:
GodlessCrom wrote:I don't play squiggly herder and I also think the portals kinda blow. They are good in t1 where no one has good mounts and the zones are sometimes largish, like elf. But it kinda ruins roaming groups if you can't get pick offs because people just Insta teleport around. It just seems like an odd idea since we seem pretty committed to not giving players easy stuff, but Insta teleport across the map is like...the definition of easy mode.
Catching that 1 or 2 stragglers following pug wb with your 6man indeed sounds exciting and 100% titanium hard mode.
Teleporting everywhere and avoiding content also sounds like great gameplay and fun design. Why even have zones if we just teleport across them to reach the pvp spots? I understand you're being willfully obtuse to make some kind of point, but six man's aren't only about ganking stragglers and you know it. This also affects solo roamers, as Nicelook said.

I suppose it might help if the devs articulate their reasoning behind including the portals in zones above t1. It seems like an anti-fun mechanic, and counter to the spirit of open-world rvr. If I wanted to teleport instantly to an area and get a fight it defend a point, I would play a scenario.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!