Ads

Patch Notes 9/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
KikkL
Banned

Re: 9/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#101 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:53 am

Dont listen to anyone disagreeing about portals. T1 portals Bo's are good, there should be more portals.
Portals to portals!

What sucks is travel time. Not everyone runs around in groups/wbs or are super solo players that can solo anyone.
The worst thing is running 5mins to a bo and getting ganked!!

Every board should have portals to/from WC, Bo's, keep. Sure maybe only under certain circumstances. Traveling initially is fine and understandable. But constantly having to run around is not.
Teefz wrote: they mount up from their camp and fight their way there. That is what WAR should promote is it not? I hope you understand my point/concern, whether or not you share it is entirely up to you of course.
I look forward to testing it some more. :)
Dont worry. You still do fight. You fight the way to every bo, in order to use the portal.
It just cuts down on travel time.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#102 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:50 am

navis wrote:Some of the questions I had were concerning the progression of the Campaign (what it will be when done), possible counter-objectives, etc. I really like how there is going to be some outcome in to the higher Tier after a lower Tier is locked.

How will the pairings all begin? Reason for this question is that in my personal observation more could be done to make zones more appealing choices to go to (counter-objectives). My suggesion is to not limit the choices to only 1 Tier (eg T2), perhaps open one T2, T3 and T4 of different pairing (eg T2 empire, T3 elf, T4 dwarf). Maybe add a shuffle to the initial set to add variety?

Strategies to combat spawn camping? We've seen quite a bit of this lately, unfortunately. It is (IMHO) one of the worst possible outcomes in this game.

Have you considered the outcome for a zone draw/stalemate?
MAybe i havent understood you question, but we must keep in mind that in the futur hopefully, fortresses and capital will be part of the campaign. So for linear reasons, we must start campaign in T2.

Now If your question is about pairings. If the multipairing test is successfull ( meaning thats not a 100% fight avoidance/PvDoor), it is clear you will have situations where Chaos Waste is open and in the same time T2 Elves/DarkElves and T3 dwarf/greenskin.

navis

Post#103 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Yaliskah wrote: MAybe i havent understood you question, but we must keep in mind that in the futur hopefully, fortresses and capital will be part of the campaign. So for linear reasons, we must start campaign in T2.

Now If your question is about pairings. If the multipairing test is successfull ( meaning thats not a 100% fight avoidance/PvDoor), it is clear you will have situations where Chaos Waste is open and in the same time T2 Elves/DarkElves and T3 dwarf/greenskin.
Ok I think that answers my question, I will wait to see what more comes this weekend.
The suggestion/idea would a bit of a tangent to what it actually will be.
thx