Patch Notes 15/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Deadpoet

Re: 15/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#91 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:54 am

Reesh wrote:
Spoiler:
Deadpoet wrote:I think the removal of UF is a good thing because It is a step towards toning down rdps classes in a game where ranged dds deal similar damage to melee dds while at the same time enjoying a huge advantage in terms of Risk vs reward. Both in scs and RvR mdps are increasingly hard to find, while their place is taken up by dps tanks (especially on destro) and rdps (on order mostly). Everybody wants to kill (hence too not enough healer usually) without being killed, which leads to this situation.

I dont know if your intention was to address this lopsided rdps impunity state, but I like the change. The only downside that I can see is the colateral damage of this removal, namely that melee orientes SWs, who already had a hard time finding their spot with underdeveloped Assault tres, now lose one of their saving grace. As a melee SW, my only reliable moments of burst are the 7 seconds when I can reach M2 (if I can survive 7 seconds under rdps fire in the frontline, that is).

Is there any way that UF can somehow be limited to under 45 ft or even melee range? In this way Risk would be reward, and prdps would have an incentive to dive into the frontline thus raising skills ceiling and encouraging the use of neglected trees and abilities.
Seems that you main either the mdps or tank, as well as the you've not read through threads related to this change.
So this might be hard to swallow for you, but uf was changed because potential buffs might occur to those classes.
A lot of assumptions and no, not hard to swallow at all. ;)

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#92 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:08 am

Wow i know The day where i got shut down for talking about ground abilities dont work properly :) and now the Same buddy repaired it :)
Nice Patch btw rly nice!! But Cant play a lightning killed my PC :) waiting time
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Hargrim
Developer

Post#93 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:12 am

Todays hotfix that will be implemented in ~5 hours:

HotFix 17.09.2017
- Adjusted a bit system that decides if locked zone is eligible for rewards.
- Proximity BOs in T2, T3 and T4 will not change it's realm to neutral when there are no players around it.
- Renown rewards from BO ticks will get less and less the higher keep rank is to the 0 renown at keep rank 4 and more.

Haojin

Post#94 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:56 am

I'd suggest BO's generate some NPC's which gives XP. Maybe a purpose to lowbies in RvR, same like rats.
They will support realm with covering BO while they leveling themselves with killing NPC's.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

ragafury

Post#95 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Haojin wrote:I'd suggest BO's generate some NPC's which gives XP. Maybe a purpose to lowbies in RvR, same like rats.
They will support realm with covering BO while they leveling themselves with killing NPC's.
^this.
since powerleveling is dead in any meaningfull way.

I also would suggest that PQs get a exp adjustment.
you reworked them all which was for sure a lot of work, and the only PQs I do for leveling are the ones till level 16 and than after that ruin again. So I would suggest a boost to all "t2 - t3" pqs in the exp department.

otherwise you just skip them and go RvR / grind.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Hargrim
Developer

Post#96 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:25 pm

The idea to merge T2 with T3 and T4 was to get rid of powerleveling, adding NPCs there so lowbies can farm them is peculiar at best when you look at our goal, which is leveling playing the game, not taking all possible shortcuts to that mythic level 40.

lefze
Suspended

Post#97 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Hargrim wrote:The idea to merge T2 with T3 and T4 was to get rid of powerleveling, adding NPCs there so lowbies can farm them is peculiar at best when you look at our goal, which is leveling playing the game, not taking all possible shortcuts to that mythic level 40.
Should probably at the very least increase XP rates for sub-30ish players by a few hundred percent. Sure I agree leveling should be a part of the game, but we already got renown ranks for that. Right now playing lowbie toons is really painful, and the time it takes to reach 40 is a bit off when you take into consideration the time you have to spend playing in a non-competitive state.
Rip Phalanx

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#98 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:59 pm

lefze wrote:
Hargrim wrote:The idea to merge T2 with T3 and T4 was to get rid of powerleveling, adding NPCs there so lowbies can farm them is peculiar at best when you look at our goal, which is leveling playing the game, not taking all possible shortcuts to that mythic level 40.
Should probably at the very least increase XP rates for sub-30ish players by a few hundred percent. Sure I agree leveling should be a part of the game, but we already got renown ranks for that. Right now playing lowbie toons is really painful, and the time it takes to reach 40 is a bit off when you take into consideration the time you have to spend playing in a non-competitive state.
This is not a fast-leveling server. This is not a new suggestion. This is not something we have taken any steps toward in the past, and that's very unlikely to change. There is all of the world to PvE in at the same rate as before if RvR doesn't do enough for you. PvE is already tuned to provide a balanced experience as you go through the content. Changes to allow R16+ access to RvR are intended to open up that avenue if desired. It's not a requirement.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Jaycub

Post#99 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Increasing xp gains from kills/objectives/ticks would help, I'm not asking for a "fast leveling" experience by any means. But I rolled a BG at the start of this event to take advantage of it, and I poopsocked pretty hard for about a week straight most nights only getting 2-3 or so levels in like 6 to 8 hours of play. And I have played BG before, know this game inside and out, have a guild that is willing to carry my lowbies, and I had AAO almost every night. God help me if I had to pug 16-40.

Leveling just doesn't feel smooth, I don't think casual players are going to be happy when they spend 2 hours in a zone and don't even get a levels worth of xp after r20 unless they where rested or had significant AAO.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Aurandilaz

Post#100 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:54 pm

idea which you might hate or not; since there currently exist renown potion (+25% renown gain for 72 hour real life time), and they cost quite lot (well at least IMO), you could consider making the potions grant +25% renown and XP. You still need quite many hours of brutal PVP before being able to buy them, and the effect is not that long. Gives also more incentives for sub 40 people to seek fights in T2 T3, which might just lessen zerg impact in T4 assuming there is a variety of available zones.