Spoiler:
I hate rdps enough to shitpost this hard I'm sorry
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
nailinthehead

Re: 15/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#122 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:47 am

Haojin wrote:
1-Get rid off loser bags; implement the old keep defence tick. [if inner is down and reward without a gold bag]
2-Get rid off pvedoor system; make same rewards if attackers got X+ players in a zone even with 0 defenders.
I like the idea. Not a fan of forcing players to do anything, especially not letting them roam with friends because of quota. Give ppl a carrot and at least same of them will move to other zone for easier rewards. Giving additional bonus for locking whole tier would give another reason to attack and defend all zones.

Haojin

Post#123 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 am

Well, HTL isn't working atm -being worked on- and that's the main reason RDPS is the king.
Most of the problems will be solved when HTL working properly.

Also @footpatrol, did you check the natural morale gain these days ?
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

KikkL
Banned

Post#124 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 am

Lindvior wrote: PS: Of course this is a small part of a greater discussion, but i wanted to focus on how much DPS is much better than tank and healing classes. Often, tank and healer are a DPS powerup (guard and heals) than a true indipendent class (I don't die if I fight 1 DPS in 1 vs 1 so he has to ignore me becouse he can't kill me and I can't kill him if not after 10-15 mins combat, so better ignore eachothers).
Yep.
Way too much emphasis on DPS.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. We need more HP, drastically more, like 20k more.

It would change the dynamic of the game.
You wouldn't be one shotted anymore, you'd have to assist teammates, defensive abilities would matter, it wouldnt be a 2/3 button death match, the depth/strategy would increase. It would change everything in a better way.

The argument is no one would die, which is absurd, because you can die in 3secs as it is. This would make it 9sec? And it would have to come from multiple sources, not just 1/2 random people. And some classes shouldn't die easy, which is the whole point of a defensive class. The only people who would complain would be the DPS who can't take you out in a few moves anymore, which is horrible design in a group game.

footpatrol2

Post#125 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:43 am

@Haojin no I have not recently.
Any news? Obviously highly interested in this subject.

@kikkl
The issue is we are at conq level gear stats. That's one of the big reason's why TTK feels low. The Game is not suppose to stop at conq level gear stats. Renown rank 80 player's in conq level stats. Your suppose to have more armor and resistances and more stats which increases your effective health which is essentially the same thing as increasing your wounds. A Flat increase in wounds is problematic and a band aid fix.

peterthepan3

Post#126 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:22 am

KikkL wrote:
Lindvior wrote: PS: Of course this is a small part of a greater discussion, but i wanted to focus on how much DPS is much better than tank and healing classes. Often, tank and healer are a DPS powerup (guard and heals) than a true indipendent class (I don't die if I fight 1 DPS in 1 vs 1 so he has to ignore me becouse he can't kill me and I can't kill him if not after 10-15 mins combat, so better ignore eachothers).
Yep.
Way too much emphasis on DPS.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. We need more HP, drastically more, like 20k more.

It would change the dynamic of the game.
You wouldn't be one shotted anymore, you'd have to assist teammates, defensive abilities would matter, it wouldnt be a 2/3 button death match, the depth/strategy would increase. It would change everything in a better way.

The argument is no one would die, which is absurd, because you can die in 3secs as it is. This would make it 9sec? And it would have to come from multiple sources, not just 1/2 random people. And some classes shouldn't die easy, which is the whole point of a defensive class. The only people who would complain would be the DPS who can't take you out in a few moves anymore, which is horrible design in a group game.
Only bad players in green gear playing without any group get one shotted.

Manatikik

Post#127 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46 am

I can't even fathom how you get 2 shot outside of getting UF Crit with a festerbomb AND then staying in range for a 1.5 sec FtW cast... All with only like 5k hp, no detaunt, or guard. And now UF is gone so you can't ever get 2 shot.
<Montague><Capulet>

Jaycub

Post#128 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 am

Manatikik wrote:I can't even fathom how you get 2 shot outside of getting UF Crit with a festerbomb AND then staying in range for a 1.5 sec FtW cast... All with only like 5k hp, no detaunt, or guard. And now UF is gone so you can't ever get 2 shot.
If you nerfed UF by 75%, it would still be a mandatory MDPS m2 if they had access to it. Let that sink in a bit.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#129 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:13 pm

It's not necessarily two shot, but you can die very easily in a timestamp or two if targeted by competent (ie. conscious) rdps as an mdps. I know I know, get a guard and heals. Sometimes my buddies aren't on though and then I feel the PUG pain :(
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

KikkL
Banned

Post#130 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Nice BOs stay capped now! Gives a lot more sense of direction/focus!
Not so much, run around heads chopped off!