Patch Notes 22/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: 22/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#201 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Thank you for your work, Hargrim :)
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#202 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Hargrim wrote:Nobody cares :(.
They're all too busy enjoying it!
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Aurandilaz

Post#203 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 pm

gotta say, defending a keep with 3k wounds is very nasty, but also challenging. more so if you add the sorc backlash dmg to the mix. :D (pls dont add backlash wound debuff, below 3k is way too brutal)
there was an odd bug, where the wounds returned to normal, except 10HP / 1 wound point remained missing? Like almost back to my normal 6200, except somehow stuck at 6190, other guildies noticed same issue, which remained even after switching zones via flying.

Haojin

Post#204 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:15 pm

we got diminishing ratio all the time unless we enter elyron today. something might be buggy.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

KikkL
Banned

Post#205 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:04 am

I can agree 1 BO should prevent derank.
But 1 BO shouldnt rank and it does, which is crappy.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#206 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:59 am

KikkL wrote:I can agree 1 BO should prevent derank.
But 1 BO shouldnt rank and it does, which is crappy.
Crap because?

KikkL
Banned

Post#207 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:58 pm

Its difficult enough to take a keep that has any sort of defense.
1 person can run out take a BO and in 10mins have a 1star keep that prevents postern usage.
Your force has to be continued spread out, taking away from offense that is greatly needed at keep for the attack.

Why not tie keep rank to debuff on enemy keep?
Higher keep rank = lower door hp/lord hp.
It is very difficult taking keeps, it only seems to happen when there is little to no defense.
As soon as 6star is implemented for zone lock, keep takes will hardly need to happen and probably wont.

Locking BOs(15min) on inactivity of enemy attack and only having BOs generate supplies when locked, would force more combat on BOs rather than afk sitting.
The current system is asking for players to sit on BOs and do nothing. It becomes BO tag with very little combat actually on them.
BOs shouldnt generate, rr,inf,xp,supplies. Or only if the BO is locked, would generate supplies. There is no point to fighting on a BO, its sit on the BO, take the bo, leave the bo, wait for enemy to come back, ect ect.

Also the margin gain on supply ranking keep is too slow to actually promote people to take BOs. You need all BOs to prevent door damage from ram, unless ram is gone(every BO held should reduce ram damage by -25%). It takes and is near impossible to hold all BOs when they remain open for attack(unless enemy is gone, massive aao). Some kind of locking system needs to apply and only then would generate supply(so people would fight over it on the BO). Also adding supplies drops from players along with this would bring a lot more fighting. A lot more emphasis needs to be put on fighting, right now is it sitting and evading, stealing.

You say locking BOs has always been bad, BOs have never stayed locked long enough to notice any kind of change. A BO locking for 2-5minutes does absolutely nothing, BOs have never had long lock timers and they should! They should also unlock to green!
Locking would give some kind of direction, it would give a purpose to fight for the BO! rather then sit on it and do nothing or leave and have the enemy come in take it and leave again...
IF you dont want to initiate a lock find more of a reason to fight for the BO and hold it! Because right now there is no reason when they are so easily traded!

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#208 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Kikkl.
Have you seen the rework plan? :)
Have you seen we were working on siege things? Is it green? :)
Have you seen the part where is writen :

Keep in mind this rework may take some time to be fully deployed, and that all parts are more or less linked, resulting at some steps of deployment with strange results.

Keep in mind, this is the project blueprint. Maybe some parts (or all parts!) may not solve/enhance anything. It is possible the final result will be a bit different, depending if it is possible, efficient or not, or any other reason.

I guess you have, so you know ;).

Ads
Penril

Post#209 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Taking keeps was pretty difficult on live (talking about pre-1.4). Tanks walls actually worked, you could rank up the keep and lock postern doors (so mDPS couldn't bypass), and don't even get me started on flipping a zone. I don't know why some people expect to take the enemy keep/zone in like 30 minutes.

KikkL
Banned

Post#210 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Penril wrote:Taking keeps was pretty difficult on live (talking about pre-1.4). Tanks walls actually worked, you could rank up the keep and lock postern doors (so mDPS couldn't bypass), and don't even get me started on flipping a zone. I don't know why some people expect to take the enemy keep/zone in like 30 minutes.
Maybe this is why NA times lack? We are a very instant gratification society. 30minutes is a long time! Lol
And if no one is around it should take 25minutes to lock a zone! ehe
Yaliskah wrote:Kikkl.
Have you seen the rework plan? :)
Have you seen we were working on siege things? Is it green? :)
Have you seen the part where is writen :

Keep in mind this rework may take some time to be fully deployed, and that all parts are more or less linked, resulting at some steps of deployment with strange results.

Keep in mind, this is the project blueprint. Maybe some parts (or all parts!) may not solve/enhance anything. It is possible the final result will be a bit different, depending if it is possible, efficient or not, or any other reason.

I guess you have, so you know ;).
Yes! I know! All the reworks need to be implemented first.
I do think the 6star zone lock should be one of the first things implemented. Because it would be the greatest thing to move things a long and to see some kind of progress.
Not taking anything away or complaining, blah blah. Just offering my input even if it is totally invalid!
What your doing is great! 8-)