Re: 22/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#41 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:00 am

The beastlord dragon, I mean?

Ads
Foomy44

Post#42 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:24 am

Nefarian78 wrote:
Foomy44 wrote:Skullthumper lasts 10 seconds right? So you can apply it first, then next Best Plan use WAAAGH and get more crits + bigger procs out of your group thx to AA buff and corp debuff, or am I missing something?
You can't have 100% uptime with Red Frenzy. There's some downtime between the middle GCDs after applying Skull Thumper and going for the refresh.(should be something like 1s+ downtime). You can have a 100% uptime with Skull Thumper on targets that have 0 avoidance, do not fight back and stand still. To have the exact numbers you'd need to do the math, but i'll screw it up somewhere if i do it at 5am, and tbh, i'm a bit too lazy to do it.

Problem is that people do not stand still in the middle of a fight, they do fight back and you're not going to only use your rotation to build and spend plans over and over again. Movement, Punts, Slows, KDs, Disarms, Parries/Dodges/Blocks, other Best Plan spenders, Skills outside Builders, Swapping Targets, Guard Switching, Ap drains and more. All those things need to be kept in mind too, and if you do your role as a tank correctly, (and your enemy isn't sleeping) You'll never have high uptime on Red Frenzy. You will be forced to choose one or the other, and Skull Thumper appears to be the best choice (to me). Whether you start with Waaaaagh! or Skull Thumper doesn't matter, you won't have enough time to keep both of them up.
Maybe using Bring 'Em On to try to keep close to 100% uptime on both of them will be viable. Just hit 35 right now so just got it, works great in PvE at least.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Loreithian

Post#43 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:29 am

Wow, that is one great set of changes as I read that this morning. As always fantastic work to all involved and thank you for continuing to do so.

anarchypark

Post#44 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:55 am

ugh more tests?
you guys work too much!
have some rest, so we can test slowly :D j/k
ty!
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

freshour
Banned

Post#45 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:22 am

Torquemadra wrote:
Niakahn wrote:Were the birds by Ghalnaros removed?
You seriously think their intended purpose was for you to farm them bolstered to 48? Because if that wasnt their purpose (and it wasnt) you were exploiting test mechanics for an unintended purpose.
I think the answer you were looking for was, Yes lol :P

TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#46 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:49 am

A question regarding the change on Tzeentch's Firestorm, while i have never tried the ability myself, i heard that the main reason that it sucked hard was because of it's inability to apply the debuff to new targets that came within the area of the affected player, was that fixed?

Atropik

Post#47 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:54 am

Spoiler:
Penril wrote:It only affects 3 targets and you need to be in melee range. Big Swing affects up to 9? and doesn't require a target.
For 5 seconds. If Big Swing affects 9 targets in 30 ft range, you must be already dead, or they are. To be honest, when things come to "more then 6 enemies in a 30ft range fights", there is no need in snares left. Target requirements have no sense there. And we have to remember, when comparing these things, - the one is on Kotbs, he is afk-proc-machine, he has nothing to worry about outside guard switching and cc.ing enemies, the same time BO is a different story. The fact, slice through is far more then enough to keep some (3-6) needed amount of enemy players snared with 100% uptime.

A short question to Devs, if possible please. Do Phosphorous Shells get some fix to its bugged animation? i just tired of "burning" all the way ride.
Torquemadra wrote:Examples of the Repairable Drops

Not sure about BiS.
Not discussing KotBS in this patch.
Nicelook | Obey

freshour
Banned

Post#48 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:15 am

So no one thinks the SM bubble that every SM runs and also the fact that every single premade on order runs 2h knight and sm - that it might be a problem? Okaaaay then

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#49 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:20 am

Every destro premade runs BO and chosen.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

freshour
Banned

Post#50 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:21 am

GodlessCrom wrote:Every destro premade runs BO and chosen.
Drow does not :P