Patch Notes 22/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: 22/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#81 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:15 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
Scrilian wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote: CoC doesn't proc like a AoE coz of the ICD. The best Covenant/Prayer atm is Prayer of Devotion by a massive margin.
Nah, that's bullshit, 200~heal can't be even close to how good a snare, that could be applied by everyone in the group by literaly every possible attack, including pets, on top of making you waste group cleanse on this easily reapplyable debuff in both small and large scale.
Dude it procs of AoE damage. We had a BW farming 9+ mobs with AoE dmg and just the proc as healing.
It heals up to 1800 (averege of 900) on every attack for a BW. On Slayer its possible to selfheal for up 3600 if you stack ID/Flurry (Even more with AA actually). On Engie its up to 5600 heal ticks if you maximize AoE targets with Napalm+Lightning Rod+Blunderbuss.

I wouldn't mind trading for current version of CoC
You do know that the WP version is not the same as the DOK one? And not all here talk about rvr aoe spamming.
Dying is no option.

Ads
daniilpb

Post#82 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Melee SWs are very edgy now. You don't have any good defensive tools like aoe detaunt, charge and slow immunity but thanks devs you are able to do some decent damage. Until people understand your weaknesses...
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

DokB

Post#83 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Changes to Rock 'Ard are okay, I only ever ran it since I had the extra renown to do so. Annoying that it can't be a free cast, which means it can get blocked/parried and in the end it's only a 5 second bubble but none the less the change is appreciated to make it more desirable.

WAAAAAAAGH! is a bit weird. I tried running it tonight for a while and the Choppa/Marauder in my group reported that they did notice the slight increase in AA speed. I lose out on THC however if I want to run WAAAAAGH! which is a hard trade off to make. Also trying to juggle Skullthumper/WAAAAGH! every rotation to try and keep at least 100% up time for both of the skills can be tricky. Choppa already has very fast AA and he found that he didn't notice much difference with the Red Frenzy buff. Would I trade this skill out for THC? Probably not, but I would if were in certain situations like a keep siege/defence where bombing is more important than single target.

Tying the new Red Frenzy buff to a Corp Debuff high up the tree doesn't really make it worth it in my eyes. Sure, our Sorcs and DPS zealots (lol) enjoy the corp debuff but it's strange to have it tied to that skill. I would think it would have made more sense to tie it to We'z Bigger, but perhaps that is too far down the tree for such buff like Red Frenzy.

Big Swing nerf hurts. Now I feel like just a stat steal/skullthumper bot rather than a snare bot. Also not having the option to force myself into the Best Plan (also gave more opportunities to proc Stat steal) from Da Good Plan with a free cast AoE ability if it's on CD and Changing Da Plan is also on CD is pretty rough. I think I'm just too used to having it available all the time, I'll definitely keep testing it out to get the feel for it.
Last edited by DokB on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

roadkillrobin

Post#84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:
Scrilian wrote: Nah, that's bullshit, 200~heal can't be even close to how good a snare, that could be applied by everyone in the group by literaly every possible attack, including pets, on top of making you waste group cleanse on this easily reapplyable debuff in both small and large scale.
Dude it procs of AoE damage. We had a BW farming 9+ mobs with AoE dmg and just the proc as healing.
It heals up to 1800 (averege of 900) on every attack for a BW. On Slayer its possible to selfheal for up 3600 if you stack ID/Flurry (Even more with AA actually). On Engie its up to 5600 heal ticks if you maximize AoE targets with Napalm+Lightning Rod+Blunderbuss.

I wouldn't mind trading for current version of CoC
You do know that the WP version is not the same as the DOK one? And not all here talk about rvr aoe spamming.
Ofc I do, DoK got 3 Auars thats are complete **** for Warbands and WP got 1 thats extremly strong and 2 shitty ones.
Optimal would be for both for both classes to have atleast one thats decent each. So I made a sugestion about reverting covenant of vitallity to proc properly on AoE attacks (remove the ICD) a while back, but former ballance forum moderator didn't get what I meant about AoE procs and i couldn't be bothered to spend another hour to re-write the proposal.
However, this isn't related to patch notes so it's the last post I make regarding that.
Last warning. Not talking about Doks.

Tesq

Post#85 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:05 pm

"balanced way"

1-from when procs are balanced in this game? :D
2- and why would you need eff to proc more frequently than 1 sec since you suppose to hit only once every GCD

footpatrol2

Post#86 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:23 pm

There is counter play to the Big Swing AoE snare. You are suppose to AP drain the BO doing the Big Swing AoE snare. I guess order group comps can't be bothered in thinking outside the box to fix your problems. You can barely keep up the AoE snare as it used to be with ap management. Don't value Ap drains? Then you get AoE snared. Guess not now. Guess we as a community will still ignore the importance of Ap drains. There are built in checks and balances in this game.

In addition Boss spec in my opinion is all about the bellow's and switching bellows to the situation your in. If your retreating you go greenest. If your pushing you go stat steal. Big Swing and the ability to use big swing every time as a 2nd plan move is a major component for stat stealing. Now if you slot the AoE snare tactic you can't big swing as your 2nd step which decreases the outgoing stat steal...which in my opinion is what the spec is all about.

Bo's don't have a way to increase their movement so it is hard to kite with a BO. BG's and Chosen's do. SO I snare for 5 sec's then everyone pushes past while I get perma snared by knights. 100% not saying knights should be changed.

I'm willing to try this out but hopefully the Big Brawlin Tactic get's reverted. It is a real **** punch to my group comps and it's hard to not take it personal. I have to add in a extra level of un-needed organization now to upkeep the snare on the BO's which has to be maintained every 5 sec's... The BO's are already doing a crap ton on organization/coordination.

All the bonuses to the BO in this patch is overshadowed by the Big Swing nerf.
The buff to Rock ard is good.
We already used WAaaagh because it's a great stat stealer as 3rd plan SnB. We already used heavy 15 point Boss spec BO's because of increased stat greenest proc's and weaponskill buffs. The corp debuff is amazing for skull thumpa's, Poison Arrer's and indigestions. If you want to buff it... sure. We already used it.

Penril

Post#87 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:37 pm

If you guys were happy being AoE snare spam bots, good for you. Our goal is to give them some other tools as well, namely in Da Boss and Da Toughest trees.

(yeah, something is coming for Da Toughest too... in 2 weeks).

Grobbok

Post#88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 pm

did you fix quests from keeps?
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Ads
Skalier
Banned

Post#89 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:40 pm

wargrimnir wrote:.... Removed the negative effect from the tactics Breaking Point and Strong Finish for 2h Slayer/Choppa....

Wow finally.

Good job.

footpatrol2

Post#90 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Spoiler:
2 weeks will never get old.

I'm hoping it gets reverted. There is and always was counter-play to big swing.

We only had One BO go AoE snare bot. The other 2nd BO's was free to spec however he wanted in off-spec points. This limits my group compositions. Try actively maintaining a debuff on targets for 5 sec's with rotating it. Try it on comms and tell me how you feel about it.

Good job on strong finish and Breaking point.
It is not getting reverted after less than a day, so test it for at least a week or 2 and then make a proposal.