it'd be fun :p
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
daniilpb

Re: 22/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#122 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:24 am

Hargrim wrote:
altharion1 wrote:To counter this they added the pug SC.
Maybe we should open one zone as 'pug only' with warbands and parties above 2 people disabled :D.
Sounds crazy but this is a reality of our server.
Or just find a rewarding way for pugs to play in organized warbands.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Hargrim
Developer

Post#123 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:25 am

daniilpb wrote:Or just find a rewarding way for pugs to play in organized warbands.
I don't think there is a way to make people lisen to leaders or get on comms if they don't want to, reward or no reward.

daniilpb

Post#124 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 am

Hargrim wrote:
daniilpb wrote:Or just find a rewarding way for pugs to play in organized warbands.
I don't think there is a way to make people lisen to leaders or get on comms if they don't want to, reward or no reward.
At least you should try.
I liked the idea of the guild keep and other bonuses for guild members in a zone.
I think it may solve some problems.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

altharion1
Banned

Post#125 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:30 am

Maybe something more radical like a 30% movement debuff for zergs of 48+ players of the same realm within 200ft of each other.

It would make orvr in the more populated zones more bearable for small WBs/groups and soloers vs the zerg.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Hargrim
Developer

Post#126 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:30 am

daniilpb wrote:At least you should try.
I liked the idea of the guild keep and other bonuses for guild members in a zone.
I think it may solve some problems.
Any other ideas we can implement right now :)? Guild stuff is uncharted territory for me and is currently out of reach.

Collateral

Post#127 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 am

There is nothing wrong in playing more casually. If people constantly get killed by the same groups/wbs and decide they had enough I completely understand. As danii said it's all up to players. Be it 10 zones open or 1, if people want to fight they will seek opposition, if not, they will go for more empty zones. Unless of course you open only one zone, forcing everyone to blob up. This blob is a relatively new thing though. I really don't remember it being like that before. A couple months back we would roam and actually find other warbands, not just one big zerg. I don't know what got into peoples heads. Or maybe my memory doesn't serve me right. This zerg is just not fun, and if anyone tells me it's amazing I simply won't believe them. I could point fingers but I won't cuz it's pointless. The game becomes less fun for everyone, no matter who starts it first. The problem though is, is that it's obviously a viable way of playing. You crush everything in your path, no matter what it is. And people will always choose the path of least resistance. I agree that quantity has a quality of it's own, but mindless zerging and smashing one button shouldn't be that rewarding. You could funnel these blobs to make it a somewhat more equal fight, but there aren't many places in maps where you can do that. It also forces you not to actually roam, but stay as close as you can do these funnel spots, as you don't want to get caught in the open. Another strategy would be kiting, but kiting as a whole wb against other 3 requires quite a bit of skill to pull off (one mistake can cost you everything), and I don't know how many people would even try that. There's only a few groups who can kite very effectively, and they are made of very skilled individuals.

If you plan to revert to one zone, I recommend to start playing with aoe cap and morales. This is a core issue at the moment imo (I imagine you already have something in store for that).

Aurandilaz

Post#128 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:38 am

Random dream idea:

Since the main issue behind the current problems is that players simply avoid organizing themselves and prefer avoiding actual pvp in a game that 90% about pvp, you just have to give them proper carrots to actually get working together.
So I don't know how far fetched this idea is from reality and what the devs can manage, but...

Banners.
Limited amount of banners granted to guilds that somehow "rank" high in keeps captured or renown contributed in general. Having a banner for your guild/warband that grants minor extra goodies, something that is desirable but still not OP, maybe +5% some stats or minor speed buffs or minor extra renown gain to those who are in same warband the owner of the banner.
Would require some mechanic where top 5-10 guilds on each side get assigned banners for their heroic realm services, with monthly readjustments in case old guilds drop out and new ones rise to claim their place in the sun.

Obviously many people like playing in small guilds with 2-3 active members, but considering how this game is revolving around RealmVersusRealm campaign system, rewarding and giving people incentives to actually play in larger guilds might be a way to actually lure them into active guilds with more or less organized warband potential.

Okay, the idea has flaws, but honestly it's pretty hard to find right incentives to make people just stop AFK on BOs and have them consider "is this the highpoint of todays RvR campaign" or whether they might be somehow motivated to seek properly organized warband playing.

Ads
Dalgrimar

Post#129 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:40 am

I loved the BO mechanic where you had to stay on a BO for it to stay capped.
The moment you left it it gone back to neutral.
This really felt like a great zerg splitter and made it allot easyer to find fights in general instead of now the only thing you fight is the 1 big 40-50man zerg crushing its path trough the zone or those 1-4 solo roamers capping/decapping the BO's.

Why did this BO system got reverted?
That was for once a very good change tbh and made me have fun in RvR again.
Now i just play RvR cuz i desperatly want the seals but thats it.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

flintboth

Post#130 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:44 am

@Hargrim
My opinion, is you make the game more attractive like that, with open zone, people who like to play in large scale, WB's strategies find what they are looking for on the most contested zone and players who are looking for solo, 1vs1, 6vs6, 6vsPuG, skirmish, ranking a keep in small scale find what they are looking for on the other(s) map(s).

I have noticed that at the first day of the patch "open zone" we was around 10 players in empty zone and enraged for solo, skirmish and some other have join + 6 man roaming and now there is more players for.
I have not the time to look on the population server every day but I know some friend who are coming back to play for skirmish, solo on empty zone; One week is short to see how this change influences the server population.
/T4 chat have more sense now.
Personaly, I have some good fun on the zone less contested and I enjoy to see the conflict taking more dimension than a simple open map with only some WB's strategies (flanking, WC farming to clean the zone, push and back, AOE spam, blob...); Now, there is a conflict strategy for some pairings, who make this game more great and more attractive for the fan of Warhammer and war conflict.
Who make this change more interesting is to give points per maps locked to win something at the final lock, capital...

Thanks.
Last edited by flintboth on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)