Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 7/10/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Scrilian

Re: Patch Notes 7/10/2017

Post#11 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:19 am

From what I just saw in BFP - nothing has changed. People AFK on BOs despite nearby the keep being sieged.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#12 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:21 am

Scrilian wrote:From what I just saw in BFP - nothing has changed. People AFK on BOs despite nearby the keep being sieged.
Usually these things do not have an immediate effect on the playerbase but takes a week or two before people even understand something has changed. Sadly far from the majority of player even read the changelogs.

Akilinus

Post#13 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:23 am

Scrilian wrote:From what I just saw in BFP - nothing has changed. People AFK on BOs despite nearby the keep being sieged.
Is it still lvl 40s staying afk or low lvls? From what i understand you still get xp/rp/inf from standing on bos.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Scrilian

Post#14 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:34 am

Ye, both 40s and lowbies. But shouldn't, in theory, the keep start giving rr/exp ticks in the same fashion as BOs right now once the ram has scored a hit on the doors?
You know, to promote the defense instead of afk-BO and forfeit zone-flip, maybe with ticks twice as high in comparison to BOs or proportional to amount of attackers.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

mikke

Post#15 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:44 pm

"А мужики-то не знают!"

Seriously. Now I know why I didn`t get any bags today :shock:
How contibution for BO capture works now? We get separate contribution for every capture stage (assault, than secure)? I ask becouse usualy we never wait till secure stage finished and move to the next action leaving several solo players on BO.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#16 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:46 pm

It works differently. Cap BOs, take keeps, kill players. That's all you need to know.

Teefz

Post#17 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:30 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Hargrim
- Removed contribution from microticks on BOs.
- Removed portals to warcamps after zone is locked in T2, T3 and T4 as they add nothing.
A step back into the right direction. While I understand where, what and why these portals to BO's were added, I still do not believe this portals add anything of value towards open realm vs. realm besides leeching and/or fast-traveling. I agree that the fast travel is handy at times for multiple reasons, but it completely removes some of the natural flow of forces in the RVR-lakes. There will always be a certain part of the playerbase, that will go for the easiest way to gain xp, rr, inf. That cannot be changed, as changelogs rarely have an effect on people's mentality, sadly.
But the real question in my mind becomes if the game itself should nurture the path of least resistance by allowing this playerbase to fly to a zone -> click a portal -> land on bo -> profit. They should at least have to go out in the zone, fight their way there or go through PVE if necessary. Utilize bob, scrolls etc. Then they can go.. "guard the BO" :lol:

Just to clarify my main concern is still the portals and how very little they have to add in terms of risk/reward.

Besides that, I look forward to test the next stages of Yali's experiment. So far, so good. :D

Hargrim
Developer

Post#18 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Just a clarification, if that wasn't clear - for now only portals that allow you to get back to warcamp after you lock zone are removed. The ones that allow you to go warcamp -> BO are still in place.

Ads
Teefz

Post#19 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Hargrim wrote:Just a clarification, if that wasn't clear - for now only portals that allow you to get back to warcamp after you lock zone are removed. The ones that allow you to go warcamp -> BO are still in place.
I know, sorry if my post was confusing. Less portals = step in the right direction. ;) Now I just hope that the wc->bo portals will perish.

Collateral

Post#20 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:05 pm

Well now that there are no more ticks on bos, people will probably use them less. Also, it's not like you can move a whole wb in 3 seconds, so they are pretty much worthless imo. Handy if a couple people have to go somewhere far across the map to meet up with buddies.