Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 13/10/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Daimi

Re: Patch Notes 13/10/17

Post#101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Excellent changes. So much good stuff in one patch.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#102 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Acidic wrote:Seeing the following thread:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/520538- ... g/45343780

The dot ticks did break detaunt, but also indicates that this was a change as posts on the subject from 2008 indicated they did not break the taunt if pre applied.

On application after detaunt, yes. Dots that were cast before detaunting did not break it.

Zegota

Post#103 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Can we at least get the breakdown on which change is supposed to reflect the situation on live and which one is a "RoR balance change"? Because it's a bit unclear regarding the DoT changes.

Sure, each tick of the DoT was recalculated depending on the buff/debuff state of the target at the moment of the damage tick. That was the case on live, no doubt. I remember that we had discussions with Aza back in the day and it was a known issue, but at that moment a big undertaking to fix.

Precasted DoTs definitely didn't break detaunt. Easily proved. Also affects pretty much every DPS class regardless if they are ranged or melee, in every situation. Everyone is using DoTs for pressure and debuff covering. Your tank gets punted, you can't detaunt.

I can't find a single video proving that each tick of the DoT was affected by evasion stat, except the initial application. Though the skills such as Word of Pain, Vision of Torment, Boiling Blood and Slow Boil were, but they are not really to be considered a dot, but debuffs with backloaded direct dmg. This is pretty much my motive for asking the opening question. Is this AoR or RoR change? Cause I hope that the "burden of proof" goes both ways, in case that is the AoR change.

Considering how cheap it is to stack evasion, and Reactionary has a much higher chance to proc (25% chance compared to the 10% that Sovereign defensive tank sets had on live), even with capped int and 7% reduced chance to be disrupted I have on my sorc, it makes me salty as hell in game atm :D. I remember that back on live the only real issue were disrupt stacking WPs, with Shield of Faith/Exalted Defenses builds.

Zanilos

Post#104 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Zegota wrote:Can we at least get the breakdown on which change is supposed to reflect the situation on live and which one is a "RoR balance change"? Because it's a bit unclear regarding the DoT changes.

Sure, each tick of the DoT was recalculated depending on the buff/debuff state of the target at the moment of the damage tick. That was the case on live, no doubt. I remember that we had discussions with Aza back in the day and it was a known issue, but at that moment a big undertaking to fix.

Precasted DoTs definitely didn't break detaunt. Easily proved. Also affects pretty much every DPS class regardless if they are ranged or melee, in every situation. Everyone is using DoTs for pressure and debuff covering. Your tank gets punted, you can't detaunt.

I can't find a single video proving that each tick of the DoT was affected by evasion stat, except the initial application. Though the skills such as Word of Pain, Vision of Torment, Boiling Blood and Slow Boil were, but they are not really to be considered a dot, but debuffs with backloaded direct dmg. This is pretty much my motive for asking the opening question. Is this AoR or RoR change? Cause I hope that the "burden of proof" goes both ways, in case that is the AoR change.

Considering how cheap it is to stack evasion, and Reactionary has a much higher chance to proc (25% chance compared to the 10% that Sovereign defensive tank sets had on live), even with capped int and 7% reduced chance to be disrupted I have on my sorc, it makes me salty as hell in game atm :D. I remember that back on live the only real issue were disrupt stacking WPs, with Shield of Faith/Exalted Defenses builds.
On my 40/41 sorc, I had 0 problems this afternoon. How much have you played? You might haver a different experience to me tbh.

Zegota

Post#105 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Zanilos wrote:On my 40/41 sorc, I had 0 problems this afternoon. How much have you played? You might haver a different experience to me tbh.
Around 3 hours. I didn't notice a substantial difference in the ammount of disrupts, but they are noticably higher than before. Probably everyone spec'd full deft defender :D. But those chain disrupts that equal backlash dmg sure do hurt.
Tbh that isn't much of an issue as is the chance for each tick to be dodged/disrupted even when you get through somehow. Not to mention the detaunt change. Some classes don't have counterplays for evasion stacking players.

Nameless

Post#106 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Zegota wrote: I can't find a single video proving that each tick of the DoT was affected by evasion stat, except the initial application.
that wasnt the way at AoR, i had tons of duels back at the days with healspeced shammy dotting for ages my enemies till they slowly die and beside the avoidance at the initial tick rest wasnt effected by any.

Detaunt change imo is wrong and remove the skillset about using detaunt at right time on right target especially as dps class. Before using detaunt was a matter of skill now it is almost useless
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Adell

Post#107 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:17 pm

I remember blocking DoT ticks on live.
Mowgli | Femto | Megawolf | Darkseid | Skullknight | Bambi
Orz of Norn

"I could feel his muscle tissue collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#108 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Still no PC atm :(
Miss ya
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
szejoza

Post#109 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 pm

devs don't need to prove anything as they are fixing the game, not remaking it 1 to 1
god, nerfbat hurt some
Spoiler:

Tankbeardz

Post#110 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Zegota wrote: I can't find a single video proving that each tick of the DoT was affected by evasion stat, except the initial application. Though the skills such as Word of Pain, Vision of Torment, Boiling Blood and Slow Boil were, but they are not really to be considered a dot, but debuffs with backloaded direct dmg. This is pretty much my motive for asking the opening question. Is this AoR or RoR change? Cause I hope that the "burden of proof" goes both ways, in case that is the AoR change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPw6K_MGEXY

5m 7s

and no, the burden of proof is not upon us at all
Not trying to start an argument war but without the combat log up, how can you tell that this was a dot tick vs the spell he had just cast?